+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ACCA equivalency through WES!! pls help.

Nouman Ali

Jan 14, 2020
Unfortunately yes it is necessary to send a copy of membership certificate to WES. You may send an email to ACCA requesting them to send you scanned copy on email and they might send it to you. You can then print it and send to WES.

OBU is equivalent to 4 Years Canadian bachelors. I got it done from WES.
Hello. I am a bit confused about OBU equivalency. I got to know that if i want assessment for only OBU even then i have to ask ACCA to send documents to WES. Is it right? Actually i have not completed my ACCA.

Thanks

ziadnasir

Jan 19, 2019
Hello. I am a bit confused about OBU equivalency. I got to know that if i want assessment for only OBU even then i have to ask ACCA to send documents to WES. Is it right? Actually i have not completed my ACCA.

Thanks
No you have to ask Oxford brookes university to send the transcript not ACCA. You will send the OBU certificate and oxford brookes university will send the transcripts.

This is the link but send obu email aswell before doing anything.
https://shop.brookes.ac.uk/product-catalogue/oxford-brookes-business-school/acca

Reactions: Nouman Ali

PhdStream

Aug 7, 2013
For those you accessed their ACCA credentials through WES, what did you put on your WES profile regarding ACCA? Is the the below information matches with yours?

Country of Education: United Kingdom
Institution Type: Further and Professional Education ...
Name of Institution: Association of Chartered Certified Accountants
Name of Diplome/Certificate: Association of Chartered Certified Accountants
Year Awarded: the year you became ACCA member
Years Attended: The date you joined acca to the year you became ACCA member

many thanks for your reply.

ziadnasir

Jan 19, 2019
For those you accessed their ACCA credentials through WES, what did you put on your WES profile regarding ACCA? Is the the below information matches with yours?

Country of Education: United Kingdom
Institution Type: Further and Professional Education ...
Name of Institution: Association of Chartered Certified Accountants
Name of Diplome/Certificate: Association of Chartered Certified Accountants
Year Awarded: the year you became ACCA member
Years Attended: The date you joined acca to the year you became ACCA member

many thanks for your reply.
Well it depends if you sent the membership certificate then i would say year awarded would when you became member and years attended would be till the day you became member.

But if you sent affiliate it would be till you got the professional certificate.

Hope that helps

Reactions: PhdStream

TahaSiddiqui

Mar 11, 2020
Hello everyone,
I have applied for equivalency through WES and most of my documents have been received and accepted by WES. The only document remaining is my final award certificate of ACCA.
ACCA has sent WES my transcript which has been accepted too. But WES is now asking for the final award certificate and upon correspondence, ACCA told me that they do not issue certificates to third-parties. Instead they sent me the certificate to be forwarded to WES. Please ACCA affiliates, help me out here. I am stuck! What is the way out?

TahaSiddiqui

Mar 11, 2020
Did anyone else face this issue? If yes, what did you do?
And it is to highlight here that I am not a member. Just ACCA affiliate with an OBU degree.

Last edited:

ziadnasir

Jan 19, 2019
Hello everyone,
I have applied for equivalency through WES and most of my documents have been received and accepted by WES. The only document remaining is my final award certificate of ACCA.
ACCA has sent WES my transcript which has been accepted too. But WES is now asking for the final award certificate and upon correspondence, ACCA told me that they do not issue certificates to third-parties. Instead they sent me the certificate to be forwarded to WES. Please ACCA affiliates, help me out here. I am stuck! What is the way out?
You need to send certificate to WES and transcript would be sent by ACCA directly.

TahaSiddiqui

Mar 11, 2020
Just print that and send it to the wes address provided to you in your wes portal along with you wes reference number.
Bro I really appreciate your help. Just want to know if you're sure about this? As what I have heard is that WES only accepts sealed envelopes by the institutions directly.

ziadnasir

Jan 19, 2019
Bro I really appreciate your help. Just want to know if you're sure about this? As what I have heard is that WES only accepts sealed envelopes by the institutions directly.
WES process is that you need to send the certificate and ACCA needs to send the transcript directly ( ACCA sends them electronically so they are received by wes instantly).

I am sure about it. The transcripts need to be sealed not the certificate, the certificate would be sent you. And as ACCA has an agreement with WES to send transcript electronically you are in the clear, just forward your ACCA certificate.

Reactions: TahaSiddiqui