+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Abudhabi VFS-PRTD

PHCA

Aug 1, 2017
Calgary, AB
LANDED..........
You can find their e-mail online .. Every VFS have a different processing time Abu Dhabi takes very long time
I see, I hope both of your applications will be processed soon!
Is it a straightforward application? I mean, they met residency obligation of 730 days in Canada?

lou-lou80

Jul 3, 2017
I see, I hope both of your applications will be processed soon!
Is it a straightforward application? I mean, they met residency obligation of 730 days in Canada?
Yes, my husband resides with me abroad plus he has a valid PR card until 2020 his card got damaged so i dont think he requires a lot of verification to his status.

bahaar

Star Member
Jun 14, 2012
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
27-09-2010
Hello,
Have you heard anything back??

No Lou-Lou80. Nothing yet. It has been 110 days now (74 business days).
Did you submit an enquiry through Case specific enquiry link to Embassy of Canada in Abu Dhabi?

bahaar

Star Member
Jun 14, 2012
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
27-09-2010
Is there anyone else except me and Lou-Lou80 who submitted application for PRTD recently ( April-June) to Abu Dhabi ?

lou-lou80

Jul 3, 2017
Is there anyone else except me and Lou-Lou80 who submitted application for PRTD recently ( April-June) to Abu Dhabi ?
I did . Although it has been almost 50 days i want to know if there are other people who have the same situation as us !! Do you think that processing time depend on the case??? I mean are there cases that require longer time for verification of the status???

bahaar

Star Member
Jun 14, 2012
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
27-09-2010
I did . Although it has been almost 50 days i want to know if there are other people who have the same situation as us !! Do you think that processing time depend on the case??? I mean are there cases that require longer time for verification of the status???
Defiantly there are cases that requires more time for processing such as H&C cases. People who are not in compliance with RO and want to return to Canada. However, I always was under impression that if you are in compliance with RO you will get your PRTD within reasonable time. This is not happening in my case right now!

lou-lou80

Jul 3, 2017
Defiantly there are cases that requires more time for processing such as H&C cases. People who are not in compliance with RO and want to return to Canada. However, I always was under impression that if you are in compliance with RO you will get your PRTD within reasonable time. This is not happening in my case right now!
His processed passport got dispatched yesterday from abu dhabi almost 56 days of processing .. Hopefully yours will be Ready soon

bahaar

Star Member
Jun 14, 2012
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
27-09-2010
His processed passport got dispatched yesterday from abu dhabi almost 56 days of processing .. Hopefully yours will be Ready soon
Congrats !
Now I am alone in the boat :(
Its obvious that my case is not taking a routine path. it has been 112 days so far for me.
do you mind me asking what is your husband nationality?
Also, you mentioned that your husband did not submit his passport with the application. How did the embassy dispatched the passport if they dont have it?

Last edited:

lou-lou80

Jul 3, 2017
Congrats !
Now I am alone in the boat :(
Its obvious that my case is not taking a routine path. it has been 112 days so far for me.
do you mind me asking what is your husband nationality?
Also, you mentioned that your husband did not submit his passport with the application. How did the embassy dispatched the passport if they dont have it?
My husband is jordanian ...
He already have a valid pr thats why it didnt take long time ... Actually we have submitted the passport to VFS to save time before they ask for it ..coz we have an urgent meeting in canada ..i had to go to canada alone and he lost his already booked ticket ...it was very frustrating .. Please tell us when you receive your passport

dpenabill

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2010
I always was under impression that if you are in compliance with RO you will get your PRTD within reasonable time.
What constitutes a reasonable time for someone who has been given notice that IRCC is questioning the validity of their PR status? Obviously, it is likely to take a lot longer than the minimum processing time for the respective visa office.

Just as or even more obvious, if a PR card application has been referred to Secondary Review, IRCC is questioning the validity of the PR's status. No telepathic powers necessary to see this.

Reminder: A PR abroad who does not have a currently valid PR card is presumed to not have valid PR status.

Technically the statute states: ". . . a person who is outside Canada and who does not present a status document indicating permanent resident status is presumed not to have permanent resident status."
See IRPA Section 31(2)(b) at http://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/acts/I-2.5/page-8.html#docCont

This presumption applies even if the PR has not already had their case referred to SR.

While SR does not preclude traveling abroad, it does mean that a PR in these circumstances, who considers traveling abroad, needs to be prepared for the process of applying for a PR TD while abroad. This means --
-- being prepared to submit persuasive evidence of compliance with the PR RO in making the PR TD application, and otherwise rebut the negative statutory presumption of not having valid PR
-- being prepared to be spend time abroad pending the processing of the PR TD application, which can be lengthy, and
-- for a PR who has not been clearly settled in Canada (appearances counting almost as much as the facts) being prepared to make an appeal, including being prepared to document presence in Canada within the last year in order to qualify for a special PR TD to come to Canada pending the appeal, as well as being prepared to remain abroad pending the process of making an appeal and applying for the special PR TD

In terms of reasonable expectations, a previous experience in which it took the visa office three times as long to process a PR TD application, three times as long as the minimum being reported by that office, and when there was no SR pending, is a huge, huge clue that it would be totally unreasonable to expect another PR TD application, one made with SR pending, to not take one day longer than the minimum processing time for that visa office.

This is worth addressing and emphasizing because a lot of people read this site for information, for some clue about what might happen in their situation, about what the risks are. The risks vary greatly, of course, so it is difficult to paint an accurate picture which does not exaggerate the risks or underestimate them.

So it is important to put your experience in context. You elected to leave Canada with SR pending, which has known risks, not the least of which is the prospect of going through a lengthy PR TD application process in order to return to Canada. It was not reasonable to expect a visa office to process a PR TD application in its minimum processing time.

The point, the lesson if you will, what other PRs with potential IRCC concerns looming need to consider, is that there are almost always indicators of potential risks and it is important to pay attention to those indicators and make prudent decisions accordingly. PRs with a PRC application in SR need to very seriously examine and calculate the risks before traveling abroad . . . for many, if not most, the prudent thing to do is remain in Canada until they are in fact issued and actually delivered a new PRC.

A self-serving focus on a technicality which favours oneself, like the alleged fact of being in compliance with the PR RO, will not serve one well. Generally it is more important to educate oneself about the downsides, the risks and potential consequences, the possible challenges at stake, when making decisions which can have a big impact on one's life.

In any event, even though it is quite likely that your PR TD will be granted and issued any day now, the reasonable thing to do, at this stage, is to be prepared in event it is denied, thus to be prepared to make an appeal and to apply for a special PR TD which will allow you to travel to Canada pending the appeal. The burden of proof is on you, so be sure you have some proof of physically being present in Canada within the previous year (that qualifies the PR for the special PR TD to travel to Canada pending an appeal).

In other words, you can assume the PR TD application will sooner or later be granted, and hopefully it is sooner rather than later, BUT best to prepare for the possibility it might not be.

Reactions: dound2018

bahaar

Star Member
Jun 14, 2012
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
27-09-2010
Lou-lou80

I wish a safe journey back to Canada for you and your husband. Thanks for sharing your experience.
I submitted a new case specific enquiry to the embassy tonight to ask them how long more it will take for my PRTD to be issued and reminded them that as a resident and tax payer I have some rights to ask for transparency.

bahaar

Star Member
Jun 14, 2012
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
27-09-2010
What constitutes a reasonable time for someone who has been given notice that IRCC is questioning the validity of their PR status? Obviously, it is likely to take a lot longer than the minimum processing time for the respective visa office.
Thanks so much for your valuable and detailed input. It would be a good advise for people to read it before making a decision to travel abroad without valid PR.
in my case, I traveled abroad last year even though that I was under SR and I was issued a PRTD last year and returned to Canada . The only change between my last year application and this year is that I have added 310 days of physical presence in Canada to my application . I have a full time position in a international reputed company and my employment letter and payslips and other supporting documents that I presented shows that I have been physically in Canada since 2013. ( including 2016 and 2017 till April)
I hope they can come to this conclusion ASAP.
Anyways, I put my self in a very unpleasant situation by traveling.

lou-lou80

Jul 3, 2017
Thanks so much for your valuable and detailed input. It would be a good advise for people to read it before making a decision to travel abroad without valid PR.
in my case, I traveled abroad last year even though that I was under SR and I was issued a PRTD last year and returned to Canada . The only change between my last year application and this year is that I have added 310 days of physical presence in Canada to my application . I have a full time position in a international reputed company and my employment letter and payslips and other supporting documents that I presented shows that I have been physically in Canada since 2013. ( including 2016 and 2017 till April)
I hope they can come to this conclusion ASAP.
Anyways, I put my self in a very unpleasant situation by traveling.
Hi,
We have received the passport today from VFS qatar they didnt send any e-mail we had to check the online status and he had to go to VFS Office. And to our surprise the visa was issued 10th of july 2017 good thing we sent the passport before they ask for it ... Keep following up with them

CanCan7575

Sep 28, 2017
I applied for PRTD by End of June from Abu Dhabi embassy and yet no update!
over three months and whenever i send reminders i get a generic emails

MDoha

Star Member
Oct 17, 2012
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23/09/2015
Doc's Request.
01/02/16
Nomination.....
20/04/16
I applied for PRTD by End of June from Abu Dhabi embassy and yet no update!
over three months and whenever i send reminders i get a generic emails
What are the 2 proofs of PR status to be provided . as I only have COPR stamped at the arrival port ( they call record of landing )