+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Abudhabi VFS-PRTD

lou-lou80

Jul 3, 2017
HI
Can you all share your experiences on processing time for PRTD in abudhabi office. Could it be expedited???
Please any input could help its getting tooo stressful as no one reply from the embassy!

bahaar

Star Member
Jun 14, 2012
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
27-09-2010
HI
Can you all share your experiences on processing time for PRTD in abudhabi office. Could it be expedited???
Please any input could help its getting tooo stressful as no one reply from the embassy!
Sit tight. It will take a while. I have applied for PRTD from VFS(kuwait) which goes to Abu Dhabi. when I submitted my application the VFS office told me that it will take approximatly 2 months. my time line
Last physically been in Canada: April 13, 2017
PRTD Application submitted: April 18, 2017
105 days ( over 3 months)
71 business days
No news as of today

my life in canada is crashing down. my employment is compermised. my health is going down the drain. all I get from the embassy is stonewalling

I know that some people got it within 73 days. I applied and got it last year within 6 weeks ( 30 business days). But this year seems a totall diffrent story.
What is your timeline?

PS. the embassy wont reply to your email. you need to submit a case speicific enquiery. even that they wont reply if your application is within thier time line . i.e. 2 months period

lou-lou80

Jul 3, 2017
Sit tight. It will take a while. I have applied for PRTD from VFS(kuwait) which goes to Abu Dhabi. when I submitted my application the VFS office told me that it will take approximatly 2 months. my time line
71 business days
No news as of today

my life in canada is crashing down. my employment is compermised. my health is going down the drain. all I get from the embassy is stonewalling

I know that some people got it within 73 days. I applied and got it last year within 6 weeks ( 30 business days). But this year seems a totall diffrent story.
What is your timeline?

PS. the embassy wont reply to your email. you need to submit a case speicific enquiery. even that they wont reply if your application is within thier time line . i.e. 2 months period
Oh my god!!!
Do you have a valid pr card?
Well its for my husband he is a pr his card got damaged and its valid until 2020! I saw in posts people got it in weeks like 6 weeks and something .. I sent to inquire VFS told me 60 days and some delays are expected! I truly hope its not going to take this long...
Whats your situation? And why did you apply twice for it? I mean when you go back to canada dont you apply for pr card?

lou-lou80

Jul 3, 2017
71 business days
No news as of today

What is your timeline?

Timeline:
June 13th: application submitted without passport in VFS qatar
June 17th: application received by abudhabi VFS.

bahaar

Star Member
Jun 14, 2012
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
27-09-2010
I am PR since 2010. My card expired on 2015 and I have applied to renew it . My application for renewing my PR card is dusting in secondary review since January 2016.

I am living and working in Toronto and I am a resident but I need to visit my father who is living in Kuwait. My mentality is as long as I am compliance to residency obligation I have nothing to fear. However, I am learning in very hard way that my rights and my well being does not mean anything to the immigration office.

I begged them for expedited process. I only had 3 weeks of approved leave from my employer. I am working in an international reputed company and I have provided all the supporting documents. Including Bank statements showing a huge sum of money in my saving account. My latest pay slips showing break down of my salary and monthly benefits, letter from employer indicating joining date and annual salary and duration of my approved leave.

No one cares! That is the bottom line.

Please update if you receive your PRTD

lou-lou80

Jul 3, 2017
I am PR since 2010. My card expired on 2015 and I have applied to renew it . My application for renewing my PR card is dusting in secondary review since January 2016.

I am living and working in Toronto and I am a resident but I need to visit my father who is living in Kuwait. My mentality is as long as I am compliance to residency obligation I have nothing to fear. However, I am learning in very hard way that my rights and my well being does not mean anything to the immigration office.

I begged them for expedited process. I only had 3 weeks of approved leave from my employer. I am working in an international reputed company and I have provided all the supporting documents. Including Bank statements showing a huge sum of money in my saving account. My latest pay slips showing break down of my salary and monthly benefits, letter from employer indicating joining date and annual salary and duration of my approved leave.

No one cares! That is the bottom line.

Please update if you receive your PRTD
Omg i have been reading horror stories about VFS abudhabi ! I hope that they would process our application differently as we provided a copy of the valid PR its just that it got damaged!!! We didnt submit the actual passport so he can make travel plans at least !
Please update me as well i hope you get it soon :(

bahaar

Star Member
Jun 14, 2012
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
27-09-2010
lou-lou80: yeah. I was reading horror stories too. but I was expecting and ready for 2 months wait not 1 day more. :(
However, last year when I submitted my application they told me 2 weeks and it took 6 weeks.
If your husband is not in rush to return to Canada, dont worry. just wait. he will most defiantly receive his PRTD.

would it be possible for you to copy the email your received from the embassy here? if you dont mind? I want to compare it to the reply I received from them and see if they are sending the exact same email to everyone or they actually read the inquiry !

lou-lou80

Jul 3, 2017
Dear Applicant,

Greetings from the Canada Visa Help Desk.

Further to your query, kindly note that your application with reference number ----------is under process with the Canadian Embassy.

Please note that the processing time for a Permanent Resident Travel Document is 60 days on an average. However in certain cases, it may take longer as decision on visa application is solely at the discretion of the Canadian Embassy.

We at the Visa Application Centre do not provide any expedited service for faster processing of the visa applications. For assistance on your request, you may contact the Canadian Embassy by completing the following web enquiry form with your application details/file number and passport details: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/contacts/web-form.asp

You may track your application status by entering your application reference number and date of birth on our website.

You will be notified once a decision on your application is finalized. If opted for SMS service, you will also be notified through SMS once your passport is ready for collection.

With reference to your query, kindly note that your application with reference number <NUMBER> is under process with the Canadian Embassy.

Please note that the processing time of your visa application is solely at the discretion of the Canadian Embassy.

You may track your application status by entering your application reference number and date of birth on our website.

You will be notified once a decision on your application is finalized. If opted for SMS service, you will also be notified through SMS once your passport is ready for collection.

XX

We hope the information provided to you is useful. If you need further assistance feel free to contact us.

Thank You,

Sneha

Canada Visa Help Desk

This is one ...i will post the latest one they sent me as well...

------Please, Do not delete this line.--------
Dear Applicant,

Greetings from the Canada Visa Help Desk.

With reference to your query, kindly note that your application with reference number -------- is under process with the Canadian Embassy.
Please note applicants may refer to the processing time provided by IRCC for Permanent Resident Travel Document applications are on an average of 60 days. However note that the processing time of applications may vary from case to case which is solely at the discretion of the Canadian Embassy.

If your application is being process beyond the processing time you may contact the Canadian Embassy directly on the IRCC web form or abdbiimmigration@international.gc.ca for further assistance on your request.

Also note that the average processing time for a stamping of PRTD visa is 10 - 13 working days from the time the passport is sent to the Canadian Embassy, however may vary depending upon the Embassy’s discretion.

We hope the information provided to you is useful. If you need further assistance feel free to contact us.

bahaar

Star Member
Jun 14, 2012
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
27-09-2010
your reply comes from " Canada Visa Help Desk." Mine came through from Immigration Section, ABDBIIMMIGRATION@international.gc.ca
and although it is generic it indicates that my application is under review by an officer. and that was a month ago!
according to them: It does not matter how stright forward/easy or Urgent is your application it will be treated on basis of first come first serve.

Dear Applicant,
RE Application number R3XXXXXX
This is in response to your email enquiries.

We are currently experiencing a huge increase of applications and the consequences are a longer processing times. Applications are treated on the basis of first come first serve. Your application is currently being reviewed by an officer.
We regret all the inconveniences caused. We shall contact you once your application has been finalized and/or if we require additional information. However, should you require your passport (if applicable) to travel please don’t hesitate to contact us to collect the same.
We trust that this information will be of assistance.
Best regards,
Immigration section/ RA

lou-lou80

Jul 3, 2017
your reply comes from " Canada Visa Help Desk." Mine came through from Immigration Section, ABDBIIMMIGRATION@international.gc.ca
and although it is generic it indicates that my application is under review by an officer. and that was a month ago!
according to them: It does not matter how stright forward/easy or Urgent is your application it will be treated on basis of first come first serve.

Dear Applicant,

We are currently experiencing a huge increase of applications and the consequences are a longer processing times. Applications are treated on the basis of first come first serve. Your application is currently being reviewed by an officer.
We regret all the inconveniences caused. We shall contact you once your application has been finalized and/or if we require additional information. However, should you require your passport (if applicable) to travel please don’t hesitate to contact us to collect the same.
Best regards,
Immigration section/ RA
I just sent an e-mail to this address to inquire ... Will keep you updated

lou-lou80

Jul 3, 2017

Dear Applicant,

Best regards,
Immigration section/ RA
Hello,
Have you heard anything back??

PHCA

Aug 1, 2017
Calgary, AB
LANDED..........
Hi @lou-lou80 and @bahaar !

where did you get the information on 60 days processing time for PRTD? Is it only for VFS in Abu Dhabi?
Also, is this a straight forward application - does applicant have more than 730 days in Canada as per Residency Obligation?

Thanks!

lou-lou80

Jul 3, 2017
Hi @lou-lou80 and @bahaar !

where did you get the information on 60 days processing time for PRTD? Is it only for VFS in Abu Dhabi?
Also, is this a straight forward application - does applicant have more than 730 days in Canada as per Residency Obligation?

Thanks!
Hello,
I contacted VFS by e-mail .. Also when we submitted the application in qatar they informed us that it will take minimum 60 days hopefully we'll get it in 60 days s :(

PHCA

Aug 1, 2017
Calgary, AB
LANDED..........
Hello,
I contacted VFS by e-mail .. Also when we submitted the application in qatar they informed us that it will take minimum 60 days hopefully we'll get it in 60 days s :(
How to contact VFS but in Philippines? Do you think they have different processing times?