+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Abu Dhabi VO ... Let's Connect here!

Legolas_10

Star Member
Nov 20, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey All,

I am a PNP applicant with e-APR on December 2nd and my Medical Passed on December 30th 2016. My PGWP had expired in Aug 2016 so since then I have returned to Dubai till I get my PR. I have a feeling my LVO is ADVO.

Based on the brief reading of this forum, it seems that ADVO is terrible when it comes to processing applications. Any of you have a similar timeline (see signature for timeline) to mine? Also how many of you all have been waiting for more than 6 months?

Thanks. Best wishes!

Que Em

Apr 14, 2016
LANDED..........
2017-07-17
Legolas_10 said:
Hey All,

I am a PNP applicant with e-APR on December 2nd and my Medical Passed on December 30th 2016. My PGWP had expired in Aug 2016 so since then I have returned to Dubai till I get my PR. I have a feeling my LVO is ADVO.

Based on the brief reading of this forum, it seems that ADVO is terrible when it comes to processing applications. Any of you have a similar timeline (see signature for timeline) to mine? Also how many of you all have been waiting for more than 6 months?

Thanks. Best wishes!
There are a few applicants waiting for more than a year. I think, they have stopped posting here in this thread. In comparison, London visa office is super fast but some lucky applicants do get their PPRs well within the '6 months time' from ADVO as well, every now and then.

Just hope that your file stays at CPC-Ottawa or is sent to the LVO.
Good luck!

jako

Star Member
Jun 27, 2016
Dear all,

I have three questions:

- How long will it take from DM to PPR?

- Will the email PPR be sent from Abu dhabi or Ottawa?

- How long will it take the visa office until it will stamp the visa on the passport?

Thanks

Que Em

Apr 14, 2016
LANDED..........
2017-07-17
jako said:
Dear all,

I have three questions:

- How long will it take from DM to PPR?

- Will the email PPR be sent from Abu dhabi or Ottawa?

- How long will it take the visa office until it will stamp the visa on the passport?

Thanks
1. For the Express Entry applicants, MyCIC account doesn't show decision made before a PPR is sent and a COPR is isssued. Also, these applications cannot be tracked online like the paper-based applications, where a DM appears before a PPR is sent.
Anyways, the time it takes might vary from visa office to visa office.

2. PPR is sent from the visa office processing the final stages of an application. Check your primary visa office.

3. Again, this depends on the individual visa office and its workload, staff etc. Usually for ADVO, it takes from 2-4 weeks.

jako

Star Member
Jun 27, 2016
Que Em said:
1. For the Express Entry applicants, MyCIC account doesn't show decision made before a PPR is sent and a COPR is isssued. Also, these applications cannot be tracked online like the paper-based applications, where a DM appears before a PPR is sent.
Anyways, the time it takes might vary from visa office to visa office.

2. PPR is sent from the visa office processing the final stages of an application. Check your primary visa office.

3. Again, this depends on the individual visa office and its workload, staff etc. Usually for ADVO, it takes from 2-4 weeks.
Thank you very much for your fast response.

+2

Legolas_10

Star Member
Nov 20, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Que Em said:
There are a few applicants waiting for more than a year. I think, they have stopped posting here in this thread. In comparison, London visa office is super fast but some lucky applicants do get their PPRs well within the '6 months time' from ADVO as well, every now and then.

Just hope that your file stays at CPC-Ottawa or is sent to the LVO.
Good luck!
That's tough news to read. Are those applicants EE or paper-based?

Que Em

Apr 14, 2016
LANDED..........
2017-07-17
Legolas_10 said:
That's tough news to read. Are those applicants EE or paper-based?
Definitely Express Entry, this area of the forum belongs to the EE. Though, there are occasional posts from the paper-based applicants. But the ones I am referring to are definitely EE applicants. We used to have the spreadsheets and lists of pending cases [all useless].

You can find them by reading few pages back, or some in the thread specific for EE cases exceeding six months.
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/those-who-waiting-express-entry-in-six-months-and-not-finalized-t317706.3765.html

UnleashedFX

Oct 21, 2016
Hi guys,

Apologies for slightly changing the topic, but since a lot of people here are familiar with the UAE and CIC, maybe you can help me. I am currently in between jobs and I have stayed in Dubai for the one month that you are allowed to stay post visa cancellation. Due to my passport, I can stay in Dubai for 3 additional months after re-entry until my new job is sorted.

My worry is that if i receive an invitation from CIC under EE prior to starting my new job, there will be a problem that i am on a visit visa, as I mentioned that my country of residence is the UAE (has been for 15 years). Is that okay or do I need to obtain work/residency visa asap?

Thank you in advance!

Que Em

Apr 14, 2016
LANDED..........
2017-07-17
UnleashedFX said:
Hi guys,

Apologies for slightly changing the topic, but since a lot of people here are familiar with the UAE and CIC, maybe you can help me. I am currently in between jobs and I have stayed in Dubai for the one month that you are allowed to stay post visa cancellation. Due to my passport, I can stay in Dubai for 3 additional months after re-entry until my new job is sorted.

My worry is that if i receive an invitation from CIC under EE prior to starting my new job, there will be a problem that i am on a visit visa, as I mentioned that my country of residence is the UAE (has been for 15 years). Is that okay or do I need to obtain work/residency visa asap?

Thank you in advance!
Not an issue, at all.

IRCC just requires that PR applicants should be residing legally in the country they are applying from [i.e., must have a visa/permission from local authorities to stay in the country]. Also, you can clarify your situation through a 'letter of explanation', if necessary.

UnleashedFX

Oct 21, 2016
Que Em said:
Not an issue, at all.

IRCC just requires that PR applicants should be residing legally in the country they are applying from [i.e., must have a visa/permission from local authorities to stay in the country]. Also, you can clarify your situation through a 'letter of explanation', if necessary.
Great news. Thank you Que Em. One less sleepless night then. +1

osti

Star Member
May 27, 2009
Hi guys , been since four months now since my landing in toronto.
I have quick landed and returned back to UAE , stayed there 12 days.

Any idea if every 6 months I have to visit canada to maintain the PR ? Some say no it's two years out of 5 and some say yes should stay at least one day every 6 months : similar to our visas in UAE we can't stay more than 6 months outside .

Any one with a definite answer?
Thanks

Hot2Cold

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2014
osti said:
Hi guys , been since four months now since my landing in toronto.
I have quick landed and returned back to UAE , stayed there 12 days.

Any idea if every 6 months I have to visit canada to maintain the PR ? Some say no it's two years out of 5 and some say yes should stay at least one day every 6 months : similar to our visas in UAE we can't stay more than 6 months outside .

Any one with a definite answer?
Thanks
Osti,

You should be able to prove that you have stayed 730 days in the last 5 years or if you have been a PR for less than 5 years you should be able to make up the 730 days within the five years of the date you became a PR. The bold part applies to you I assume.

See the below links for more details.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/newcomers/about-pr.asp
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/5445ETOC.asp#appendixA

evoboy2016

Star Member
Jun 3, 2015
DUBAI
Visa Office......
OTTAWA
NOC Code......
I got PPR on Feb27. Submitted Passport to ADVO on same day. No news since.

Issue is that I am on UAE grace period till 15th of March, because i got my visa cancelled on 15th Feb. After that, I will have to start paying fines for overstaying. My new company has processed my new UAE visa but I need the passport back from ADVO for stamping!

What is the timeline for ADVO visa stamping these days?

evoboy2016

Star Member
Jun 3, 2015
DUBAI
Visa Office......
OTTAWA
NOC Code......
Got my Visa stamped today :) So 15 days in total for ADVO visa stamping. See my timelines below.