+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Abu Dhabi VAC - PR visa / COPR processing time?

AKHR

Dec 23, 2017
Hi, do you think will be asked to submit biometrics if we receive our visas before 31July (the date the new policy is implemented) but travel after that date?
Oh is there a new process? I am not aware of it. My MyCIC status says they do not require biometrics.

Medved-Yarik

Jun 11, 2018

Medved-Yarik

Jun 11, 2018
It seems like a backlog situation in AD immigration office. Mine was received on 14th May and I'm yet to receive the passport back with visa and COPR. I called the immigration section, they do not entertain requests on phone and direct you to e-mail your query. I sent an e-mail and got an auto-response stating that they will take 15 days to respond.

I needed to travel for work and stuck in Dubai because of this. And now I cannot travel home for Eid too. Sigh.
Please let me know once you'd get your passport back with visa. Is it the PR visa you are waiting for?

Nobatia

Aug 20, 2017
United Arab Emirates
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
29-12-2017
AOR Received.
29-12-2017
Med's Done....
15-01-2018
Passport Req..
02-05-2018
VISA ISSUED...
03-06-2018
LANDED..........
13-10-2018
I presume you sent your PP to Ottawa rather than ADVO? The processing in ADVO has slowed down during Ramadan I suppose.
That's right, although it didn't matter that much as I ended up waiting 30 days too.

Late Lateef

Jun 10, 2018
It seems like a backlog situation in AD immigration office. Mine was received on 14th May and I'm yet to receive the passport back with visa and COPR. I called the immigration section, they do not entertain requests on phone and direct you to e-mail your query. I sent an e-mail and got an auto-response stating that they will take 15 days to respond.

I needed to travel for work and stuck in Dubai because of this. And now I cannot travel home for Eid too. Sigh.
Welcome to the club. Our passports were received on 14th May as well. Our CIC rep in London even requested to prioritize our applications but still waiting. Let me know when you receive your COPR.

AKHR

Dec 23, 2017
It seems like a backlog situation in AD immigration office. Mine was received on 14th May and I'm yet to receive the passport back with visa and COPR. I called the immigration section, they do not entertain requests on phone and direct you to e-mail your query. I sent an e-mail and got an auto-response stating that they will take 15 days to respond. I needed to travel for work and stuck in Dubai because of this. And now I cannot travel home for Eid too. Sigh.
I got an e-mail response stating that all questions have to be raised on their web form (Case Specific Enquiry) and when I submitted an enquiry through the web form, I got an auto response stating that a response will be provided within 25 working days. What I am surprised is how there is little to no information on how long they take to stamp and return a passport on their website. I am completely clueless; my office thinks I am making excuses to not travel. Smh.

E-mail response:
--
From: ABDBIIMMIGRATION@international.gc.ca <ABDBIIMMIGRATION@international.gc.ca>
Sent: Tuesday, June 12, 2018 14:12
To: xxx@gmail.com
Subject: RE: Application # XXXX - Passport Status

All enquiries must be submitted through the Case Specific Enquiry link (Ctrl+click to follow the link). Please note that we will not respond to any enquiries that are not submitted through the Case Specific Enquiry link.

For all e-mail correspondence with our office, we request you to use the enquiries form at: Case Specific Enquiry link
--
Link:
https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/case-cas-eng.aspx?mission=abu dhabi&_ga=1.68913873.1703483113.1416458348

Last edited:

Medved-Yarik

Jun 11, 2018
I got an e-mail response stating that all questions have to be raised on their web form (Case Specific Enquiry) and when I submitted an enquiry through the web form, I got an auto response stating that a response will be provided within 25 working days. What I am surprised is how there is little to no information on how long they take to stamp and return a passport on their website. I am completely clueless; my office thinks I am making excuses to not travel. Smh.

E-mail response:
--
From: ABDBIIMMIGRATION@international.gc.ca <ABDBIIMMIGRATION@international.gc.ca>
Sent: Tuesday, June 12, 2018 14:12
To: xxx@gmail.com
Subject: RE: Application # XXXX - Passport Status

All enquiries must be submitted through the Case Specific Enquiry link (Ctrl+click to follow the link). Please note that we will not respond to any enquiries that are not submitted through the Case Specific Enquiry link.

For all e-mail correspondence with our office, we request you to use the enquiries form at: Case Specific Enquiry link
--
Link:
https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/case-cas-eng.aspx?mission=abu dhabi&_ga=1.68913873.1703483113.1416458348

Followed the link you've shared. They say there that they won't even reply if application you've submitted hasn't exceeded "normal processing times". I wonder what they mean by these normal times and how long it normally takes.
My agent told me it might take from 2 to 9 weeks.....it's been nearly 4 already.

AKHR

Dec 23, 2017
Followed the link you've shared. They say there that they won't even reply if application you've submitted hasn't exceeded "normal processing times". I wonder what they mean by these normal times and how long it normally takes.
My agent told me it might take from 2 to 9 weeks.....it's been nearly 4 already.
9 weeks! Insane! It is not like they have to do the entire scrutiny of the file once again, or do they? Is AD the only immigration office for GCC?

People have other committments. My agent told me that one of their clients had to rush out of Dubai on family emergency and they had to call the embassy to release the passport. Same 4 weeks here mate; if we have no response by Thursday then no update until after Ramadan holidays are over. You should go ahead and put in that request for a status update.

Medved-Yarik

Jun 11, 2018
9 weeks! Insane! It is not like they have to do the entire scrutiny of the file once again, or do they? Is AD the only immigration office for GCC?

People have other committments. My agent told me that one of their clients had to rush out of Dubai on family emergency and they had to call the embassy to release the passport. Same 4 weeks here mate; if we have no response by Thursday then no update until after Ramadan holidays are over. You should go ahead and put in that request for a status update.
I don't know if AD is their only office in GCC but I was asked to submit my passport there...no choice there. Guessing how long they'd take to process our paperwork is more difficult than guessing the winner of the upcoming world cup.

I think they are short on staff now due to Ramadan and things would speed up after Eid holidays. I've just submitted my request for a status update.

arshadamir

Jul 31, 2017
Amazing.....it must be very difficult for them to glue a visa in a passport.
Please let us know once you get your passport back!
Sure thing. Thought I was the only one facing this issue. Guess it's the Ramadan timings that's causing the delay. I hope that's the case. Is there any other way to get any info on the passport? I see that people have tried calling and raising a request on the web form but that didn't seem to help. Any other idea?

Late Lateef

Jun 10, 2018
Sure thing. Thought I was the only one facing this issue. Guess it's the Ramadan timings that's causing the delay. I hope that's the case. Is there any other way to get any info on the passport? I see that people have tried calling and raising a request on the web form but that didn't seem to help. Any other idea?
Driving up to ADVO in person? Going to a fortune teller? Ask the world cup predicting camel? Who knows ..

Jokes apart, we can continue to wait and hope for the best.

Medved-Yarik

Jun 11, 2018
Their opening-closing hours during Ramadan are different but they are still working the same number of hours each day....they are just probably short-handed now.

Hope to get my passport on time. I've already submitted my resignation letter

AKHR

Dec 23, 2017
Hey folks... just got a confirmation that my passport has been stamped with the visa and I should have it physically tomorrow. Not sure if they are clearing it prior to Eid.

Cheers!

Reactions: Medved-Yarik