+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

About Work Permit Extension

jasonsoy

Star Member
Dec 19, 2020
Hello everyone, I made some search on the forum but couldn't find out any tip for my question. I'm a protected person and applied for PR on February 2021 .. my work permit is about to expire in 4 months..but I totally forgot how I applied for the permit online, and now I'm searching for it but I came up with nothing..I logged into my ircc account and the only thing I see is my previous work permit..could you guys please lead me how to extend my work permit online ?? Thank you

Babaac

Jul 28, 2014
Hello everyone, I made some search on the forum but couldn't find out any tip for my question. I'm a protected person and applied for PR on February 2021 .. my work permit is about to expire in 4 months..but I totally forgot how I applied for the permit online, and now I'm searching for it but I came up with nothing..I logged into my ircc account and the only thing I see is my previous work permit..could you guys please lead me how to extend my work permit online ?? Thank you
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/work-canada/permit/temporary/extend/apply.html

jasonsoy

Star Member
Dec 19, 2020
Thanks for the reply , I already know this .. but when you get there it says click on apply to come to Canada! .when I click on that it's asking to click express entry or international experience canada .. so basically that two links doesn't suits on me ! I'm logging into my ircc account while I'm trying those steps .. if you can give me some specific guidance it will be better.. thank you

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
Thanks for the reply , I already know this .. but when you get there it says click on apply to come to Canada! .when I click on that it's asking to click express entry or international experience canada .. so basically that two links doesn't suits on me ! I'm logging into my ircc account while I'm trying those steps .. if you can give me some specific guidance it will be better.. thank you
There is first option visitor visa/work/study, you should click there and answer questionnaire

jasonsoy

Star Member
Dec 19, 2020
There is first option visitor visa/work/study, you should click there and answer questionnaire
I don't see that option , there's just express entry or international experience sections..so I don't know why I can't find it .. could you please try to give me further information

cyberlink

Aug 10, 2020
I don't see that option , there's just express entry or international experience sections..so I don't know why I can't find it .. could you please try to give me further information
Thats so weird, maybe its because you have an open TRV application that you dont see the tab, check this section
""Continue an application you haven't submitted""
On your first page after login and see if you have any open application there from before.

jasonsoy

Star Member
Dec 19, 2020
Thats so weird, maybe its because you have an open TRV application that you dont see the tab, check this section
""Continue an application you haven't submitted""
On your first page after login and see if you have any open application there from before.
Now I found the work permit section and answered all the questions correctly..I also added my wife to my application..me and my wife are protected persons , I've chosen that answer as our status in Canada.. but at the end its asking me my passport!! And it's "required" .. but we don't have our passports .. during the questionnaire there was a question and it asked " with what kind of document you've entered to Canada " .. it was 2 years ago and it was with our passports .. maybe because of that answer ? I'm not sure tho .. do you have any idea about what to do ?

jasonsoy

Star Member
Dec 19, 2020
And also the system believes that we are coming to Canada..it's like " what would you like to do in Canada ? " I answered "work" .. and there's another question which says that ; "how long you are planing to stay ? " isn't it weird ?

Oct 11, 2021
Vancouver, BC
And also the system believes that we are coming to Canada..it's like " what would you like to do in Canada ? " I answered "work" .. and there's another question which says that ; "how long you are planing to stay ? " isn't it weird ?
HI, jasonsoy,

You should select "Temporary - more than 6 months"
The website is pretty straightforward and you will have no issue after that.
One more thing I will have to remind you is your current status is "worker" NOT "refugee claimant" since you became a protected person already.
Thank you :)

jasonsoy

Star Member
Dec 19, 2020
HI, jasonsoy,

You should select "Temporary - more than 6 months"
The website is pretty straightforward and you will have no issue after that.
One more thing I will have to remind you is your current status is "worker" NOT "refugee claimant" since you became a protected person already.
Thank you :)
That's going to be so helpful I believe appreciate the help , thank you..I'll give it a try right away

jasonsoy

Star Member
Dec 19, 2020
Temporary more than 6 month

Use your old passport information if its expired use tomorrows date.
Thank you so much for your attention and help .. I think I did complete the questionnaire and uploaded most of the documents and also I included a word document to tell them what did I upload why I did uploaded those . I'm just scared about passports because we are not allowed to use our home country's passport in nowhere .. I'll write down under this subject if something comes up..

cyberlink

Aug 10, 2020
Thank you so much for your attention and help .. I think I did complete the questionnaire and uploaded most of the documents and also I included a word document to tell them what did I upload why I did uploaded those . I'm just scared about passports because we are not allowed to use our home country's passport in nowhere .. I'll write down under this subject if something comes up..
Its ok, they know your situation, there is thousands of people in same boat in their system.

Oct 11, 2021
Vancouver, BC

If you are not comfortable using your home country passport, you can also apply for a Refugee travel document. You can use this as your passport. However, due to COVID-19, they are only accepting urgent applications. I suggest you check back when you have your new work permit in your hand.
Have a great day :)

jasonsoy

Star Member
Dec 19, 2020
If you are not comfortable using your home country passport, you can also apply for a Refugee travel document. You can use this as your passport. However, due to COVID-19, they are only accepting urgent applications. I suggest you check back when you have your new work permit in your hand.
Have a great day :)
First of all thanks to you and @cyberlink.i did my application and I hope I did it in a good way..I already applied for travel document 2 months ago and still nothing. We are planning to go to Miami for the Christmas with my family. Fingers crossed we can receive it before December ( I don't have hope ) but anyways you guys helped a lot . I'll message here when I get my decision about work permit extension. Have a great day