+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

About Visitor visa (TRV) to claim refugee status in Canada

May 5, 2019
Hello,
I came to know that to claim refugee status in Canada, I have to apply for a visitor visa (TRV) to board a plane to arrive canada and make a refugee claim in POE. At this point, I want to ask to altruists, is this rational to apply for a visitor visa to be accepted as refugee where in Statement of Purpose (SOP) I am stating that my purpose is tourism while concealing actual intention? Will it create problems in future immigration prosseses and is this the only way to arrive Canada through Visitor Visa to be accepted as refugee?

jddd

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2017
Hello,
I came to know that to claim refugee status in Canada, I have to apply for a visitor visa (TRV) to board a plane to arrive canada and make a refugee claim in POE. At this point, I want to ask to altruists, is this rational to apply for a visitor visa to be accepted as refugee where in Statement of Purpose (SOP) I am stating that my purpose is tourism while concealing actual intention? Will it create problems in future immigration prosseses and is this the only way to arrive Canada through Visitor Visa to be accepted as refugee?
A lot of people lie about their purpose of stay here for a TRV. I have not heard of anyone adversely affected by what you are saying. Having said that, IRCC agents have been getting really good at detecting liars due to the amount of them so it is quite difficult to get one in the first place.

Getting a TRV and making a claim at the border is the only way to ensure Canada is where you apply for asylum. The alternative is moving to a different country and registering as a refugee at UNHCR but resettlement is not guaranteed in terms of how long and where.

miss maria

Apr 12, 2019
A lot of people lie about their purpose of stay here for a TRV. I have not heard of anyone adversely affected by what you are saying. Having said that, IRCC agents have been getting really good at detecting liars due to the amount of them so it is quite difficult to get one in the first place.

Getting a TRV and making a claim at the border is the only way to ensure Canada is where you apply for asylum. The alternative is moving to a different country and registering as a refugee at UNHCR but resettlement is not guaranteed in terms of how long and where.
Hi, applying asylum at airport what will they do? They take us to jail or there r refugee camps available??i m asking because if a women enters canada with three kids and apply for asylum at airport.. then will that woman and her kids be given any shelter or food ??

jddd

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2017
Hi, applying asylum at airport what will they do? They take us to jail or there r refugee camps available??i m asking because if a women enters canada with three kids and apply for asylum at airport.. then will that woman and her kids be given any shelter or food ??
Do you have a TRV? Do you all have proof of identity? Proof of being personally attacked or persecuted?

May 5, 2019
I don't know the Defination of persecution. In my case I am disturbed by a religious groups whom I have to obey against my will. Though I have not received any threat yet but I am certain that if I express opposition to my relatives and neighbours, it will be resentful to them and obviously I fear harm whether bodily or socially. My circumstances is like that I have to leave country and I feel I can prove my situation.

May 5, 2019

In a discussion one mentioned that after being rejected as refugee he applied for student visa and also for express entry but both time he was rejected. So I am confused, surely it will take time and labour.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
In a discussion one mentioned that after being rejected as refugee he applied for student visa and also for express entry but both time he was rejected. So I am confused, surely it will take time and labour.
It is unclear whether you would qualify for asylum. Would recommend contacting some Canadian immigration lawyers to see if they think you qualify. Have you tried to relocate within your country? You have to have proof that your life is in danger not potentially you could face danger if you said something they disagreed with.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
I don't know the Defination of persecution. In my case I am disturbed by a religious groups whom I have to obey against my will. Though I have not received any threat yet but I am certain that if I express opposition to my relatives and neighbours, it will be resentful to them and obviously I fear harm whether bodily or socially. My circumstances is like that I have to leave country and I feel I can prove my situation.
"Being disturbed" and "social fear" are not valid reasons. You need actual evidence to support persecution/threats/danger, such as police reports, hospital reports, documented threats against you etc.

May 5, 2019
It is unclear whether you would qualify for asylum. Would recommend contacting some Canadian immigration lawyers to see if they think you qualify. Have you tried to relocate within your country? You have to have proof that your life is in danger not potentially you could face danger if you said something they disagreed with.
I understood. I will discuss with a Canadian Immigration lawyer whether I will qualify or not. Thank you.

May 5, 2019
"Being disturbed" and "social fear" are not valid reasons. You need actual evidence to support persecution/threats/danger, such as police reports, hospital reports, documented threats against you etc.
I only fear persecution from my relatives and others due to my religious belief. Do you mean that unless being persecuted I should not try?
Thank you.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I only fear persecution from my relatives and others due to my religious belief. Do you mean that unless being persecuted I should not try?
Thank you.
Yes you have to show that you are being persecuted not that you could be potentially persecuted. Did you change your religion? Otherwise your relatives should have the same religion. Very hard to comment with so little knowledge that is why I suggested contacting an immigration attorney in Canada via email for example. You will also be asked if you have tried to move within your country. You must prove that you have exhausted other possible solutions in your country. There are countries where is is illegal to go against a certain religion or be an atheist but you have to prove that you are actively following the other religion or have become an atheist. Getting a visa to enter Canada can also be extremely difficult.

Reactions: Buletruck
May 5, 2019
I will consult with an Immigration Attorney. Here I am interested to share my story in brief. There many denominations within islam in Bangladesh. My belief is not in accordance with Sunni, Sihat, or Ahmadiyya communities.

- I had beliefs likewise most of the sunni believes. Afterwards I found some doctrines of Ahmadiyya community are more credible. So I took pledge and married with a girl of Ahmadiyya community. There are groups of people who are dogmatic, less tolerant towards people like me. There are thousands of example of persecution towards people like me. So I feared to express even to my brothers and sisters about my conversion of belief.

- Now I don't believe theology of Ahmadiyya community but I have to pray with them, give charity to them because my wife is from that community and If I renounce, there will be isolation, defamation to my parents in-law, to My wife.

- I believe there are only one Religious book that Muslims have to belief and follow. Hadith books are misspresentation of Islam and Prophets. Muslims are divided only by following those books. In Bangladesh as we are less tolerant, I fear if someone knows me I will be persecuted.

So, will it find a ground for a claim? Thank you.

Last edited:
May 5, 2019
Have you tried applying for a TRV? That could also put an end to your plans.
No I haven't tried yet and sorry, I haven't understand you. If I apply why it will end?
Please make me clear whether my situations will get a ground to be accepted.Thank you.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
No I haven't tried yet and sorry, I haven't understand you. If I apply why it will end?
Please make me clear whether my situations will get a ground to be accepted.Thank you.
It is very hard to get a visa to travel to Canada. You have to reach Canada to apply for asylum. You will have to get an opinion from an immigration lawyer