+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

About the job offer for CEC application

Kittyy

Star Member
Mar 5, 2018
I get where he is coming from - professionally it could look weird to have specific dates stated in a job offer - it may imply that after the stated employment period runs its course, you and your employer will part ways which is not his/your intention at all. Many jobs are arranged in this fashion - you simply work for an employer for an undetermined amount of time, and either party can give a 2-week notice to cancel the employment.

Most employers also aren't aware of the immigration process at all - I ended up having to write my own job offer, reference letter and arranged for my own work permit on behalf of my company, as we have no HR department and my boss wasn't acquainted at all with the process. Once you explain it to them and show a website link, it will take a really stubborn person to ignore it anyway and jeopardize your future employment.
Thank you so much for your precious infos this is what i told him this mornning even if he still a bit not convinced but he said he will write it anyway, and as you said they have no idea about immigration requirements

Anonymous456

Aug 27, 2019
Going with your information, I assume you are currently on an International Experience Canada - Young Professional permit? If this is correct (or if you have a different work permit that specifies your employer) you can claim the extra 50pts. if:

- You have been working for this employer for at least 12 months
- The job offer is for a NOC 0, A or B position
- The job offer is for the same NOC position that you have been working under in the last 12 months.
- The job offer must remain valid for at least 12 months after you obtain your PR
- The job offer must be for a full-time/permanent position (at least 30hrs/week)

If you indeed can claim points, you will simply need your offer of employment and upload it after you're given an ITA. Your employer does not need to do anything, other than giving you a job offer and signing it.

For expiration date, I would recommend setting it to something like March 1, 2020 (which is what I did) which means that you will easily meet the 12-month threshold as PRs are usually obtained within 6 months. I don't know if it's okay if the offer simply mentions you will remain employed for 1 year after obtaining a PR (someone else should confirm this).

If you have any other questions, feel free to ask - I traversed essentially the same path as you with my PR application, and so far have not yet received any feedback about issues with my job offer.
I am working in Canada for more than 1 year and with NOC code A, I have assignment letter which has mentioned
1: 40 hr/week
2: My compensation in Canada
3: Assignment start date and End date which is Feb-2021.
4 Currently on Secondment in Canada

Am I eligible for extra 50 points?

bimale4bipeople

VIP Member
Apr 15, 2018
I am working in Canada for more than 1 year and with NOC code A, I have assignment letter which has mentioned
1: 40 hr/week
2: My compensation in Canada
3: Assignment start date and End date which is Feb-2021.
4 Currently on Secondment in Canada

Am I eligible for extra 50 points?
Is it a Closed or Open Work Permit ?

bimale4bipeople

VIP Member
Apr 15, 2018
It is Closed work permit
Then you may have chance to claim these 50 points.
You need a detailed reference letter which provides all the above breakup you mentioned along with detailed job duties...

In your letter they need to address the following requirement...

your current employer made you an offer to give you a full-time job for at least one year if you’re accepted as a permanent resident
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/documents/offer-employment.html

Anonymous456

Aug 27, 2019
It is Closed work permit
1: I am kind of worried that it does not specify that after getting the PR you will be employed for one year instead it has an assignment end date which is 1.5 years later.
2: Also it has mentioned that I am an employee of India and currently on Secondment in Canada?

bimale4bipeople

VIP Member
Apr 15, 2018
1: I am kind of worried that it does not specify that after getting the PR you will be employed for one year instead it has an assignment end date which is 1.5 years later.
2: Also it has mentioned that I am an employee of India and currently on Secondment in Canada?
I will be concerned too over these 2 points tbh.
@jes_ON can you please review and suggest

guilgomes1093

Mar 6, 2019
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
04-03-2019
Doc's Request.
06-03-2019
AOR Received.
03-04-2019
Passport Req..
08-07-2019
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2019
LANDED..........
18-08-2019
Going with your information, I assume you are currently on an International Experience Canada - Young Professional permit? If this is correct (or if you have a different work permit that specifies your employer) you can claim the extra 50pts. if:

- You have been working for this employer for at least 12 months
- The job offer is for a NOC 0, A or B position
- The job offer is for the same NOC position that you have been working under in the last 12 months.
- The job offer must remain valid for at least 12 months after you obtain your PR
- The job offer must be for a full-time/permanent position (at least 30hrs/week)

If you indeed can claim points, you will simply need your offer of employment and upload it after you're given an ITA. Your employer does not need to do anything, other than giving you a job offer and signing it.

For expiration date, I would recommend setting it to something like March 1, 2020 (which is what I did) which means that you will easily meet the 12 month threshold as PRs are usually obtained within 6 months. I don't know if it's okay if the offer simply mentions you will remain employed for 1 year after obtaining a PR (someone else should confirm this).

If you have any other questions, feel free to ask - I traversed essentially the same path as you with my PR application, and so far have not yet received any feedback about issues with my job offer.
That's it