+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

About the job offer for CEC application

Vitesze

Dec 15, 2017
Thanx for ur reply! I said that to the manager and he said that this sentence professionally means permanent and he cant put an exact date i been trying with him hard but it seems like no hope what do u think i should do ? Do i reject my ita ?
Professionally maybe... but unless your manager happens to be an immigration lawyer I'd pay more attention to what CIC states.

I don't think the way he is proposing to put it in, will be accepted by CIC. There have been plenty of cases on the forum of people having their job offer rejected over smaller things than this.

Reactions: Kittyy

bimale4bipeople

VIP Member
Apr 15, 2018
Thanx! The site says it should be for one yesr or more so if its permanent thats good too im getting crazy with these job offer requirements.
Leave some hair on your head till you get the PR card in hand :D
There are 3 aspects here:
  1. You have a job offer with a positive LMIA(Open Work Permit or a PGWP). Then you do not need to wait for 1 year, you can claim job offer points immediately.
  2. You have a job offer and you are on a Intra Company Transfer(ICT) closed WP. In this case you need to complete 1 year to claim the job offer points. The job offer also needs to mention that this offer will be valid for one year from the the time you are issued a PR.
  3. You have a job offer on a PGWP or a Open Work Permit (and no LMIA). In this case you cannot claim points for the job offer.
In all this you no longer need to mention the word "permanent" anymore. But other conditions such as full time work (30hr/week and above) and the NOC 0, A, B skill type job has to be met.

Kittyy

Star Member
Mar 5, 2018
Leave some hair on your head till you get the PR card in hand :D
There are 3 aspects here:
  1. You have a job offer with a positive LMIA(Open Work Permit or a PGWP). Then you do not need to wait for 1 year, you can claim job offer points immediately.
  2. You have a job offer and you are on a Intra Company Transfer(ICT) closed WP. In this case you need to complete 1 year to claim the job offer points. The job offer also needs to mention that this offer will be valid for one year from the the time you are issued a PR.
  3. You have a job offer on a PGWP or a Open Work Permit (and no LMIA). In this case you cannot claim points for the job offer.
In all this you no longer need to mention the word "permanent" anymore. But other conditions such as full time work (30hr/week and above) and the NOC 0, A, B skill type job has to be met.
Thank u for ur reply im LMIA exemption (froncophone mobilite) . Closed work permit and my job is in noc B im working 40hours a week i have been working in canada its been a year now and all my duties are sited in the letter that the employer gave me im just so confused because i will still be working with my current employer either i got my pr or not

bimale4bipeople

VIP Member
Apr 15, 2018
Thank u for ur reply im LMIA exemption (froncophone mobilite) . Closed work permit and my job is in noc B im working 40hours a week i have been working in canada its been a year now and all my duties are sited in the letter that the employer gave me im just so confused because i will still be working with my current employer either i got my pr or not
So in your Letter of reference is this sentence mentioned "This offer will be valid for one year from the the time you are issued a PR." and if not, can you ask your manager to include this in the letter ?

Kittyy

Star Member
Mar 5, 2018
So in your Letter of reference is this sentence mentioned "The job offer also needs to mention that this offer will be valid for one year from the the time you are issued a PR." and if not, can you ask your manager to include this in the letter ?
The manager wrote (the employee has no shortage of hours in the foreseeable future and we hope she keep growing with our company) i asked him to write 1 year he said that he need to ask the head office and bla bla it looks like he even doesnt understand what that means i get tired explaining to him but no hope

bimale4bipeople

VIP Member
Apr 15, 2018
The manager wrote (the employee has no shortage of hours in the foreseeable future and we hope she keep growing with our company) i asked him to write 1 year he said that he need to ask the head office and bla bla it looks like he even doesnt understand what that means i get tired explaining to him but no hope
You might end up in unnecessary reviews and delays because this as IRCC officer, agents reviewing your application are not used to these non standard documentation.
Hence I would suggest you to show him this link: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/documents/offer-employment.html

Federal Skilled Trades workers
A valid job offer has to be:

• made by up to two employers
  • for continuous, paid, full-time work (at least 30 hours a week)
  • for at least one year
  • in a skilled trade occupation (jobs with 2016 NOC codes that start with 72, 73, 82, 92 as well as 632 and 633)
It also must be made:

• by employer(s) who have a new positive LMIA that approves the offer and names you and your position OR
  • if you’re currently working in Canada in a skilled trade job a work permit that was issued based on a positive LMIA, and:
    • you’re working for an employer listed on your work permit
    • you’re authorized to work in Canada on the day you apply for a permanent resident visa and when the visa is issued
    • your current employer(s) offered you a full-time job if you’re accepted as a permanent resident, in a job that is in the same three digit level of the NOC as your current job, for at least one year OR
  • you have a valid work permit for one of the listed skilled trade occupation and it’s exempt from needing an LMIA, and you:
    • are currently working for an employer specified on the work permit
    • have one year of full-time work experience (or an equal amount of part-time work) for the employer(s) on your work permit who is making the offer and
    • have a valid job offer from that employer for at least one year after we issue your permanent resident visa

Kittyy

Star Member
Mar 5, 2018
You might end up in unnecessary reviews and delays because this as IRCC officer, agents reviewing your application are not used to these non standard documentation.
Hence I would suggest you to show him this link: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/documents/offer-employment.html

Federal Skilled Trades workers
A valid job offer has to be:

• made by up to two employers
  • for continuous, paid, full-time work (at least 30 hours a week)
  • for at least one year
  • in a skilled trade occupation (jobs with 2016 NOC codes that start with 72, 73, 82, 92 as well as 632 and 633)
It also must be made:

• by employer(s) who have a new positive LMIA that approves the offer and names you and your position OR
  • if you’re currently working in Canada in a skilled trade job a work permit that was issued based on a positive LMIA, and:
    • you’re working for an employer listed on your work permit
    • you’re authorized to work in Canada on the day you apply for a permanent resident visa and when the visa is issued
    • your current employer(s) offered you a full-time job if you’re accepted as a permanent resident, in a job that is in the same three digit level of the NOC as your current job, for at least one year OR
  • you have a valid work permit for one of the listed skilled trade occupation and it’s exempt from needing an LMIA, and you:
    • are currently working for an employer specified on the work permit
    • have one year of full-time work experience (or an equal amount of part-time work) for the employer(s) on your work permit who is making the offer and
    • have a valid job offer from that employer for at least one year after we issue your permanent resident visa
Thanx i did show him that

Vitesze

Dec 15, 2017
Can you explain to him that what he is suggesting possibly (likely) will not be accepted by CIC, and that this will have implications on your employment? It sounds like they're content about having you as their employee, so if he understands the importance of having this sentence on the job offer, he may push for it more with the HR department.

Reactions: Kittyy

Kittyy

Star Member
Mar 5, 2018
Can you explain to him that what he is suggesting possibly (likely) will not be accepted by CIC, and that this will have implications on your employment? It sounds like they're content about having you as their employee, so if he understands the importance of having this sentence on the job offer, he may push for it more with the HR department.
I will do my best, thnx!

Kittyy

Star Member
Mar 5, 2018
@Vitesze consultancy worked :D
He is concerned about the letter should looks professional he said if he write at least 1 year after pr it wont look professional i told him an immigration officer doesnt care about that, all what he needs those requirements they have in their immigration site

Vitesze

Dec 15, 2017
He is concerned about the letter should looks professional he said if he write at least 1 year after pr it wont look professional i told him an immigration officer doesnt care about that, all what he needs those requirements they have in their immigration site
I get where he is coming from - professionally it could look weird to have specific dates stated in a job offer - it may imply that after the stated employment period runs its course, you and your employer will part ways which is not his/your intention at all. Many jobs are arranged in this fashion - you simply work for an employer for an undetermined amount of time, and either party can give a 2-week notice to cancel the employment.

Most employers also aren't aware of the immigration process at all - I ended up having to write my own job offer, reference letter and arranged for my own work permit on behalf of the company (through CIC Employer's Portal), as we have no HR department and my boss wasn't acquainted at all with the process. Once you explain it to them, show a website link and make them realize an incorrect document = no future status in Canada, it will take a really stubborn person to ignore it anyway and jeopardize your employment.