+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

About PCC:

loukyapetru

Star Member
Mar 26, 2009
I have a question regarding PCC, ofcourse i am too far to ask but just want to clarify...
The link which is given below states that the applicant should provide FBI certificate whereever she/he resides since 18.
How would a person who lived in canada(Toronto) for three years can get FBI certificate. Do they waive the canadian police clearance?? if not please give me a clue

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/north-america/united-states.asp

Thanks

bendjoe

Aug 23, 2008
loukyapetru said:
I have a question regarding PCC, ofcourse i am too far to ask but just want to clarify...
The link which is given below states that the applicant should provide FBI certificate whereever she/he resides since 18.
How would a person who lived in canada(Toronto) for three years can get FBI certificate. Do they waive the canadian police clearance?? if not please give me a clue

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/north-america/united-states.asp

Thanks
How long did u live in USA?

If you stayed in US for more than six months then you need FBI clearance . Also need to get state PCC fron individual states.

loukyapetru

Star Member
Mar 26, 2009
Thanks for ur reply

Its been more than 6 months i have been living in usa. Besides usa FBI & PCC, do i need to provide the canadian & Indian FBI & PCC?

divagirl

Jan 8, 2009
You have to get police clearence from all the countries that you have lived for more than 6 months, since the age 18. If you have lived in US for more than 6 months, then you have to get FBI and state police clearence too. You will have to get your fingerprints taken by officials and mail it to the FBI address (WV). If they have no records on you, they will stamp the fingerprint card and return with a seal saying "no record found".

notdet

Star Member
May 11, 2009
loukyapetru said:

Thanks
I am not sure and could be wrong, but i think you can try calling the Canadian Embassy in US, that's how you can get for India, so i assume same would be for Canada from US

Couple of links which might help.
http://canadaonline.about.com/od/travel/a/usembassy.htm
http://canada.usembassy.gov/content/index.asp

notdet

Star Member
May 11, 2009
I have a question on PCC...

Is PCC older then 3 months from home country (which I last lived in 2006) considered as valid during process of CIC ?

Thanks,

rezendgi

Dec 5, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-12-2008
Doc's Request.
24-11-2009
Nomination.....
09-12-2009
AOR Received.
06-07-2010
IELTS Request
Waived
Med's Request
06-07-2010
Med's Done....
16-07-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
15-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
29-10-2010
LANDED..........
Not Yet
Usually PCCs' have validity for 3 months

notdet said:
I have a question on PCC...

Is PCC older then 3 months from home country (which I last lived in 2006) considered as valid during process of CIC ?

Thanks,

loukyapetru

Star Member
Mar 26, 2009
Thanks for all...
Police clearance and FBI are valid for 6 months.
This is the link where i read from
http://www.tcscanadainc.com/immigration-to-canada/canada-immigration-police-certification.php

notdet

Star Member
May 11, 2009
rezendgi said:
Thanks rezendgi,

I got the way out of it. For someone in the same situation like me who has PCC more then 3 months back from other country which they left and years back, you can do below.

Go for new PCC, again, only thing is, you have to have copy of the PCC which was issued earlier and Passport, on that basis, they will give you the certificate the very same day. You have to pay fees (in NY 20$), but good thing is you will get it same day and don't need to wait for another 30 - 45 days.

Mlampk

Jun 6, 2009
Hi,

I am New to this forum....I have couple of questions searching for the clarity...

I hope i can find it over here...I like this place very much for sharing our taughts....

I applied for AINP in the end of Jan... i Recently got my file number......

Waiting for the Nomination....I know it will take 4 months to get it...

I am expecting it around the end of august or september...

so i have 3 more months to get my nomination...

is it the right time to apply for pcc's...if so how much time it will take to get pcc's..

How long are they valid.....I have to get the Pcc's for 3 countries....

India,Canada,USA..... where i have to apply....

I heard that i can apply for india at local consulate... wht abt Canada and USA...?

Can anybody tell abt the process how to get them...

My wife is on H4 visa...I heard tht(i don't know weather it's true) we need the SSN to get the Pcc in Usa..

If so,wht i have to do for my wife pcc...

If anybody gone through the same situation..plz let me know how to do it? where? how much it cost? how long it takes?

Finally howlong are they Valid?

I really appreciate for Ur Help....

Thanks
Vibhav

dnataraj

Jul 9, 2008
divagirl said:
It says in general PCCs are valid for 3 months. Taken from CIC website: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/intro.asp
About PCC's:
One has to get PCC's from FBI and all the states where one hs lived for longer than 6 months.

Getting PCC's from states and FBI in US is very easy.

All one has to do is send fingerprints to the state police depts. And these fingerprints can be taken by any authorized technician, not necessarily by Police authorities. I got such fingerprints and the states gave me PCC's based on those fingerprints.

Validity of fingerprints is 6 months and they should not be older than three months when you first apply for CIC.

I am talking from my experience and I am not an attorney.

GL-dna

chow

Sep 23, 2008
notdet said:
rezendgi said:
Thanks rezendgi,

I got the way out of it. For someone in the same situation like me who has PCC more then 3 months back from other country which they left and years back, you can do below.

Go for new PCC, again, only thing is, you have to have copy of the PCC which was issued earlier and
Passport, on that basis, they will give you the certificate the very same day. You have to pay fees (in NY
20$), but good thing is you will get it same day and don't need to wait for another 30 - 45 days.
I don't know this. I visited ny indian consulate with the original pcc just over 3 months old and not more than 4 months old. But In my case they took my passport, paid the fee and waited for 16days to get another new PCC. Hmm. It resulted another 2 - 3 weeks delay in my application processing.

chow

Sep 23, 2008
notdet said:
rezendgi said:
Thanks rezendgi,

Go for new PCC, again, only thing is, you have to have copy of the PCC which was issued earlier and
Passport, on that basis, they will give you the certificate the very same day. You have to pay fees (in NY 20$), but good thing is you will get it same day and don't need to wait for another 30 - 45 days.
You should have told this in dec2008 or jan2009 :)