+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

About OINP - Masters Graduate Stream 2020

rosewood2020

Star Member
Nov 26, 2020
hi guys,

December 17
The Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program (OINP) has reached its 2020 nomination allocation and continues to notify successful applicants. The Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program issued a total of 8,050 nominations to successful applicants across all streams in 2020, including 400 additional nominations received through an in-year reallocation and 50 additional NOC skill level C nominations.

New applications, and applications already submitted to the OINP, will continue to be accepted and considered under the program’s 2021 nomination allocation.

You can check the status of your application at any time through the OINP e-Filing portal.

Please monitor this page for news, announcements and program developments.
------------------------------------------
does it mean we will be notified this year or next year?

iukhan

Aug 24, 2020
hi guys,

December 17
The Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program (OINP) has reached its 2020 nomination allocation and continues to notify successful applicants. The Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program issued a total of 8,050 nominations to successful applicants across all streams in 2020, including 400 additional nominations received through an in-year reallocation and 50 additional NOC skill level C nominations.

New applications, and applications already submitted to the OINP, will continue to be accepted and considered under the program’s 2021 nomination allocation.

You can check the status of your application at any time through the OINP e-Filing portal.

Please monitor this page for news, announcements and program developments.
------------------------------------------
does it mean we will be notified this year or next year?
most probably next year

Utdperspol

Nov 18, 2020
The nominations allocated to Ontario has been exhausted, new nominations will only come with the new year.
I don’t follow, every year federal government announces each province’s allocation (I believe for 2020 was on 6th June 2020). So if assuming the 2021 allocations comes roughly June 2021, does this mean we don’t get our nominations confirmation until then?

rosewood2020

Star Member
Nov 26, 2020
I don’t follow, every year federal government announces each province’s allocation (I believe for 2020 was on 6th June 2020). So if assuming the 2021 allocations comes roughly June 2021, does this mean we don’t get our nominations confirmation until then?
this is just my understanding:
Christmas gift will be new year gift

iukhan

Aug 24, 2020
Federal government takes time in announcing allocation, however provinces have fair idea on the quota they will receive if not more cannot be less than the previous year's one. Provinces do not wait for federal govt announcement, they continue with draws/nominations from the beginning of the new year

mkc123

Nov 24, 2020
i am still waiting for my nomination update. i am maintaining 13000$ in my account, i want to use that money. Is it best to keep that money in my account till my nomination approval or can i be able to use it?

iukhan

Aug 24, 2020
i am still waiting for my nomination update. i am maintaining 13000$ in my account, i want to use that money. Is it best to keep that money in my account till my nomination approval or can i be able to use it?
If not yet nominated, keep the amount in the bank. My response was assuming that you have been already nominated under OINP

rosewood2020

Star Member
Nov 26, 2020
you'd better not use that money until you have PR.