+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

About OINP - Masters Graduate Stream 2020

hamid123456

Dec 17, 2016
Did u mention the jobs in your OINP application? Has yr application been accepted as complete? So we need to also upload proof of job and address in the PNP application? Do u know?
I'm just at the same stage as you are... just submitting the documents!

Oct 6, 2019
Hey everyone,

I registered for masters stream on Sept 29th, have a confirmation number but haven't received the file number yet. Is there anyone like me here? Or when did you receive your file number? immediately after application or one day after?
You can try to log in using one key username and password from the OINP page, if you can log in, you will be able to see your file number there

Oct 6, 2019
Hello, I registered myself through masters stream on 29 September, 2020. I got the file number on the same day. Does that mean I will have 14 days from 29th or from the following day 30th? The reason I am asking cause due to COVID my IELTS date was postponed and now I will get my test result on 14th October, which is day number 15 from receiving file number

Is there any way to submit profile after 14 days? Does anyone has any knowledge on this matter? it will be great if someone can answer or direct me to any previous posts... Thank you

iukhan

Aug 24, 2020
Hello, I registered myself through masters stream on 29 September, 2020. I got the file number on the same day. Does that mean I will have 14 days from 29th or from the following day 30th? The reason I am asking cause due to COVID my IELTS date was postponed and now I will get my test result on 14th October, which is day number 15 from receiving file number

Is there any way to submit profile after 14 days? Does anyone has any knowledge on this matter? it will be great if someone can answer or direct me to any previous posts... Thank you
I believe the 14 days mark is final, unfortunately there is nothing much you can do about it. Write/call to OINP directly they may consider it, details below (from website)

If you have general questions about the OINP:

• send us an email at:
  • call us Monday to Friday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. at:
    • Tel: 416-327-0374
    • Toll-free: 1-866-214-6820 (toll-free within North America only)
    • TTY: 416-325-0866
    • Toll-free TTY: 1-866-853-2137

Reactions: junayed_chowdhury

dreamy2536

Star Member
Dec 2, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Dhaka VFS
App. Filed.......
27-11-2017
Doc's Request.
30-11-2017 [Additional documents]
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
N/A
IELTS Request
Waived
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
01-12-2017
Med's Done....
04-12-2017
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
17-12-2017
VISA ISSUED...
28-12-2017
LANDED..........
Expected 30-06-2018
Hi there,

If you have applied for OINP - Masters Graduate Stream 2020, lets group together. Fortunately, I have registered for the program on 29/09/2020 and got my file number.

Thank you,
Mahi
I am yet to take my IELTS. Any advice on how can I register for next round when this stream opens again given that they don't notify beforehand and I don't want to miss out the opportunity:( any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

blueivory

Star Member
Oct 1, 2016
Any idea how long to move from submitted to documents complete for the masters stream? What are the stages the application goes through though?

iukhan

Aug 24, 2020
Any idea how long to move from submitted to documents complete for the masters stream? What are the stages the application goes through though?
Depends on work load at OINP, but you may hear back after 30/45 days. Lately they have been catching up with the backlog thay may revert earlier. Nothing can be predicted with high degree of certainty both for OINP and PR application timeline.

MahiGad

Jul 10, 2018
The master's stream is non-Express Entry, which means you don't need to create an EE profile and you're not eligible for 600 additional points. See the OINP website: https://www.ontario.ca/page/ontario-immigrant-nominee-program-oinp

The only streams that give additional EE points are the ones that have an asterisk* beside the name

If you're nominated you should apply for PR directly, here's the application guide: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/provincial-nominees/application-process/paper.html

Right now it takes around 20 months to get PR, but normally it takes between 12-15 if everything's correct.

Good luck
Hi there,

Thanks for providing the information.

I have foreign experience and I'm eligible under FWS program in EE. However, I don't have enough points at the moment. Do you think I can use my province nomination and gain points in my EE profile? I guess I'm being too optimistic here.

Open to suggestions from the experts. Thanks for your attention.

MahiGad

Jul 10, 2018
I am yet to take my IELTS. Any advice on how can I register for next round when this stream opens again given that they don't notify beforehand and I don't want to miss out the opportunity:( any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
I know this is the major problem. Here are the steps I've followed, and I hope someone can find it useful.

1. Create one-key profile in advance by navigating to any other opened stream. In that way, you dont need to register again when registering for Master's stream. It's a time save for me.
2. Have a reminder to check https://www.ontario.ca/page/2020-ontario-immigrant-nominee-program-updates page for any latest updates at around 10:00 every day.
3. Ensure you have proper network.
4. Please make sure you can auto-fill your id, password and other personal details.
5. When you see any update regarding Master's nomination on a given day, keep retrying the OINP portal. It may take several retries but keep focusing.

Good luck!

gurusidhu

May 27, 2019
I have submitted my documents on 10 Oct, it still shows submitted in the status. My work permit is expiring in december. Any suggestions for what to do next ?

Oct 6, 2019
I have submitted my documents on 10 Oct, it still shows submitted in the status. My work permit is expiring in december. Any suggestions for what to do next ?
If your work permit is expiring in December, I would suggest, whenever you apply for an extension of your work permit, mail OINP in this email; ontarionominee@ontario.ca with a filled out form 'Change in personal information', Application receiving pdf from CIC and describing your situation.

If you receive any decision from OINP before than, probably you won't need to send the email :)

iukhan

Aug 24, 2020
If you get nominated, along with nomination letter and certificate you will get letter which you can use to extend your WP. If all goes well you should get the nomination under 60 days ideally.