+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

About OINP - international student stream 2020

Jay9195

Jun 27, 2020
my status just have changed and i can see red icon beside my file number.
When i opened it, it says

Thank you for your application to the Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program (OINP). The OINP has reviewed your application for completeness and determined that it is complete. Your application has now moved forward to the assessment stage.
We encourage you to check your application status online and our processing time updates for the date range of applications currently in assessment before sending a status inquiry to the OINP.
Please be advised there is no action required from you at this time.

So my question is red icon is there to show me a status changed?
Because it is written on the top of that page that “if you see red icon beside your file number that means OINP required additional documents “.
Guys who are on the assignment status have the same red icon beside file number or only i have that.

Thanks

rfc_club

Star Member
Mar 21, 2017
I dont have any icon besides my file number. My status is still submitted. Is this normal? Submitted on 1st of sept
Mine was 3rd, still "Submitted" so I hope it's normal.
Actually status is updated after a month or so, because they need to solve backlog of Foreign Worker first.

iukhan

Aug 24, 2020
my status just have changed and i can see red icon beside my file number.
When i opened it, it says

Thank you for your application to the Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program (OINP). The OINP has reviewed your application for completeness and determined that it is complete. Your application has now moved forward to the assessment stage.
We encourage you to check your application status online and our processing time updates for the date range of applications currently in assessment before sending a status inquiry to the OINP.
Please be advised there is no action required from you at this time.

So my question is red icon is there to show me a status changed?
Because it is written on the top of that page that “if you see red icon beside your file number that means OINP required additional documents “.
Guys who are on the assignment status have the same red icon beside file number or only i have that.

Thanks
Don't worry by tomorrow it will reset to blue icon on its own.

iukhan

Aug 24, 2020
I got my wife registered in OINP Master stream opening of yesterday. My wife current nomination was secured through Job Offer International Student (JOIS). With the COVID cloud still looming, she is seeking second nomination through Master Stream, which does not have any strings attached in contrast with JOIS once nominated you should keep the job (employer too) to the day a PR decision is finally made. We as family thought that is a long shot and risky too, we already lost two months because she was temporarily laid off and OINP had her application "on hold". PR application already received in Sydney Nova Scotia today. Fingers crossed.

Last edited:

Zozulia

Star Member
May 7, 2019
Hello everyone

I’m at 456 crs points for Canadian experience class - do you think I have a chance to receive ITA by November, 2021 (my permit will expire then). I have OINP nominee (will expire this November, 2020) - so can go that way but is very long...Since nominee is valid for just 2 more months I need to make decision: OINP or risk it and wait when points drop for ITA. What do you suggest? I’m confused. Thanks

hamid123456

Dec 17, 2016
After we submit our application for Master Graduates stream, what happens at the end?

Let's say, our application gets approved and we receive provincial nomination by Ontario. How does that work? Do we already need to have an express entry profile so that they send our provincial nomination to our Express Entry profile?

Or that at the end, they will just give us a document indicating that we received Ontario provincial nomination, and then we can start an Express Entry profile at a later time and upload that document to get 600 point?

Reactions: blueivory

taojinmeng

Star Member
Sep 24, 2020
After we submit our application for Master Graduates stream, what happens at the end?

Let's say, our application gets approved and we receive provincial nomination by Ontario. How does that work? Do we already need to have an express entry profile so that they send our provincial nomination to our Express Entry profile?

Or that at the end, they will just give us a document indicating that we received Ontario provincial nomination, and then we can start an Express Entry profile at a later time and upload that document to get 600 point?
You will be applying PR through paper-based only because this stream is not applicable via EE. The process will take longer than EE please be prepared.

Reactions: hamid123456

hamid123456

Dec 17, 2016
You will be applying PR through paper-based only because this stream is not applicable via EE. The process will take longer than EE please be prepared.
Thanks.

Then, is it okay to already have an EE application in progress, and apply to Ontario Master Graduates stream too? Just in case that if my EE application gets rejected (due to incompleteness of work history documents or whatever else), I still have the chance of getting PR through OINP?

taojinmeng

Star Member
Sep 24, 2020
I think it's okay to do so, but not recommended. It takes really long time (around more than 20 months, and varies by cases, some take shorter than 12 months) through OINP so please think twice and decide which stream you are going. Please note that the OINP nomination certificate will not be lasting for long, only 6 months validity.

Reactions: hamid123456