+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

About OINP - international student stream 2020

CanadaMissi

Aug 12, 2020
This is just a theory, but I suspect the people getting the maintenance message might be already "in" or, will join the queue as soon as it opens. Try opening the program page on incognito mode.
I think you are right on incognito I'm getting the "try again in a few minutes" message. Better not to close my current browser tab!

Mohammad216

Star Member
Aug 24, 2017
I just made the submission and got my file number? How about others?
at what time did it open around 10:00 AM and did you guys were in the queue since early morning or what can you please please tell me the steps because im just waiting for Master stream to open and want to know the steps.

Mohammad216

Star Member
Aug 24, 2017
so stream is closed within 20 minutes can anyone explain to me how to get in next time? how did you get the maintenance message? did you guys logged in since 12 am or what? please help out

seadrag0n

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2018
A question to people who registered today, is this stream for anyone who graduated from any Ontario institution and has a job?

Mohammad216

Star Member
Aug 24, 2017
I got mine

I got in.
I was so nervous and trembling I'm wasn't sure I selected the appropriate stream until I saw the receipt. I can't believe I made it.

For future applicants, if it helps, here's what I did: I downloaded a Chrome extension called "Easy Auto Refresh". I set it to refresh two windows, the "maintenance message" page and the OINP page every 10 seconds (started doing this around 7:30) both windows were scaled to fit in 1/4 of my screen while I used 3/4 of my screen for my usual work stuff. I got in without having to wait in the queue.

The system will ask you for your full name, date of birth, email, country of residence, and phone number. I was very nervous and my hands were shaking, but it roughly takes 90 seconds to fill in everything. You'll get an email confirmation right away with your file number.
Congrats bro. And thank you so much this really helps one more question when did you get in? the page mentioned that it will open at 9:00 am but it wasn't

vittga1

Jun 24, 2016
Just to give more details, I opened multiple pages, two I was refreshing since 8am and I would also open other pages in the mean time just to see if the program page was changing. Always log in early and keep checking, they usually open around this time from my experience. Good luck to all!

Reactions: Mohammad216

CanadaMissi

Aug 12, 2020
so stream is closed within 20 minutes can anyone explain to me how to get in next time? how did you get the maintenance message? did you guys logged in since 12 am or what? please help out
I was on the portal since 7:45 AM, but this will not count since the site crashed and returned 503 error for a brief period before 9:00 AM. I opened the portal on multiple computers. Only one of them was able to reach the registration page somewhere around 10:00 AM @OceanBacon you were right about the maintenance thing. If your page shows up the maintenance message, that means you are in the queue; otherwise, you will see the "High traffic" error page. I believe one has to refresh the page in a certain window for me it was right after the downtime, and you will be redirected to the maintenance page. It literally took me less than a minute to make the submission.