+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

About my work experience, is there any problem with number of different jobs?

Jeltsin25

Mar 8, 2021
I'm currently working about 8 months in a company, and with that I have already completed 3 years of work experience and I'm planning to apply for Express Entry. However, my work experience is kind of split: I have worked in 5 different jobs as follows: first job was 8 months, then after 1 year I started to work for another company 3 months, then 1 month after leaving that job I started my 3rd job (2 months) for my 3rd employer; after that, I leave to go to work for the government for 1 complete year (4th employer and my longest job). After finishing that, 1 month later I came back with my 3rd employer to work for another 4 months (finishing in february 2021). Finally, my current employer (the 5th one) hired me on october 2021 until now (I'm planning to leave at 10th month because I want to focus in my PEBC exams next november). As you can see, my work experience is divided in many jobs. All of those jobs met/meet most of the activities mentioned in my corresponding NOC. My question is whether that number of different jobs for my 3 years of work experience would be something that can bring me problems for the express entry evaluation in case I receive an invitation to apply. I would like you guys to help me know if i have to worry or not, or if I should leave my current job or wait until 1 complete year :confused:. I will wait for your answers. Thanks in advance

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I'm currently working about 8 months in a company, and with that I have already completed 3 years of work experience and I'm planning to apply for Express Entry. However, my work experience is kind of split: I have worked in 5 different jobs as follows: first job was 8 months, then after 1 year I started to work for another company 3 months, then 1 month after leaving that job I started my 3rd job (2 months) for my 3rd employer; after that, I leave to go to work for the government for 1 complete year (4th employer and my longest job). After finishing that, 1 month later I came back with my 3rd employer to work for another 4 months (finishing in february 2021). Finally, my current employer (the 5th one) hired me on october 2021 until now (I'm planning to leave at 10th month because I want to focus in my PEBC exams next november). As you can see, my work experience is divided in many jobs. All of those jobs met/meet most of the activities mentioned in my corresponding NOC. My question is whether that number of different jobs for my 3 years of work experience would be something that can bring me problems for the express entry evaluation in case I receive an invitation to apply. I would like you guys to help me know if i have to worry or not, or if I should leave my current job or wait until 1 complete year :confused:. I will wait for your answers. Thanks in advance
To be eligible for FSW, you need on year, continuous (no breaks) of skilled experience in one NOC. Do you have that?

Reactions: Jeltsin25

Jeltsin25

Mar 8, 2021
To be eligible for FSW, you need on year, continuous (no breaks) of skilled experience in one NOC. Do you have that?
Hi, and thanks for answering!

I worked 1 complete continuous year for an institution belonging to my country's health care system (from October 16th, 2019 to october 15th, 2020) 150 hours/month, so yes! I have 1 complete year. Also, i'm currently working in an institution where I work 48 hours per week, and I'm planning to stay during at least 10 months, so making calculations, those 10 months with 48hours/week would be equivalent to more than 1 year with 30 hours/week, right?

I'm not sure whether having my work experience so disperse would harm my possibilities in express entry evaluation for my other job experiences completing my 3 years, I hope not.

I'm waiting for your answer or any other experience to know what to do.

Thanks in advance guys

Last edited:

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi, and thanks for answering!

I have 1 complete continuous year working for an institution belonging to my country's health care system (from October 16th, 2019 to october 15th, 2020), so yes! I have 1 complete year. Also, i'm currently working in an institution where I work 48 hours per week, and I'm planning to stay during at least 10 months, so making calculations, those 10 months with 48hours/week would be equivalent to more than 1 year with 30 hours/week, right?

I'm not sure whether having my work experience so disperse would harm my possibilities in express entry evaluation, I hope not.

I'm waiting for your answer or any other experience to know what to do.

Thanks in advance guys
The 10 months with 48 hours per week will only count as 10 months (not 1 year).

Anything 30 hours or above is counted as 1 full time week. It doesn't matter if you work 30 hours or 40 hours or 60 hours that week, you can still only count it as 1 week of work experience.

Jeltsin25

Mar 8, 2021
The 10 months with 48 hours per week will only count as 10 months (not 1 year).

Anything 30 hours or above is counted as 1 full time week. It doesn't matter if you work 30 hours or 40 hours or 60 hours that week, you can still only count it as 1 week of work experience.
Well, in that case, I rely on the 1-year work experience I have for a health care center belonging to my country's health care system. That would be enough to meet the minimum requirement, right?

However, is there any problem if all the rest of my job experience is split in many different jobs? (3 months in one place, 8 months in another place, 6 months in another one and 10 months in the last one? I would appreciate if you can help me know if I should worry about it.

Thanks for the answer =D

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Well, in that case, I rely on the 1-year work experience I have for a health care center belonging to my country's health care system. That would be enough to meet the minimum requirement, right?

However, is there any problem if all the rest of my job experience is split in many different jobs? (3 months in one place, 8 months in another place, 6 months in another one and 10 months in the last one? I would appreciate if you can help me know if I should worry about it.

Thanks for the answer =D
As long as you have the 1 year of continuous work experience in one NOC, you are good.

ttsoldier13

Star Member
Jan 5, 2020
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
12-01-2022

Thanks for the answer =D
it does not matter. You just need 1 year continuous.