+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

About LOR's and transcripts

MiteshS94

Dec 29, 2018
Hello,
If we are applying to more than 1 college/university, how many transcripts and LOR's to we need? What's the exact process? Do we need to courier it to them or just scan and send it online? And do we need many LOR's per professor to send to various institutions or can we make a photocopy of the original one and send it?

selvakk

Champion Member
Nov 28, 2018
Hello,
If we are applying to more than 1 college/university, how many transcripts and LOR's to we need? What's the exact process? Do we need to courier it to them or just scan and send it online? And do we need many LOR's per professor to send to various institutions or can we make a photocopy of the original one and send it?
I don't know about universities but for colleges you just need to scan your original transcripts and submit it during the application form. Colleges generally do not ask for LOR's.

2b.or.not.2b

Dec 3, 2018
You need to send the originals in sealed envelopes to each institute that you apply for. Recommend that you keep spare copies of transcripts you may need them in future.
Blue dart courier offers a special package price for sending your documents from India to Canadian colleges/universities. They provide pickup service so you don't need to go to them.

MiteshS94

Dec 29, 2018
You need to send the originals in sealed envelopes to each institute that you apply for. Recommend that you keep spare copies of transcripts you may need them in future.
Blue dart courier offers a special package price for sending your documents from India to Canadian colleges/universities. They provide pickup service so you don't need to go to them.
So, how many do I need to have? I have only 3 sets of transcripts and 1 LOR each from 3 professors. How is it possible for me to send it to various universities? Can I xerox/colour xerox/photocopy them and then send it?

2b.or.not.2b

Dec 3, 2018
You can order for more transcripts all universities demand original sealed transcripts even if the seal is accidentally removed the transcripts are rejected. Photocopy of LOR maybe accepted but depends on the policy of individual university.

Jass_

Feb 24, 2019
Hello,
If you are applying to universities online, you don’t need hard copies of LOR. LOR would be completed electronically by your referees via e-mail. University will send an e-mail directly to your referee. About transcripts, mostly canadian universities accept scanned copy of transcripts converted into pdf when you are applying. Once you get into the program, you will have to send original transcript sealed in envelope to university.

2b.or.not.2b

Dec 3, 2018
Hello,
If you are applying to universities online, you don’t need hard copies of LOR. LOR would be completed electronically by your referees via e-mail. University will send an e-mail directly to your referee. About transcripts, mostly canadian universities accept scanned copy of transcripts converted into pdf when you are applying. Once you get into the program, you will have to send original transcript sealed in envelope to university.
Are you 100% certain because people rely on this forum for accurate information? My personal experience is the complete opposite and I stand by my previous post.

Jass_

Feb 24, 2019
Are you 100% certain because people rely on this forum for accurate information? My personal experience is the complete opposite and I stand by my previous post.

Yeah, I have applied to four canadian universities. After paying application fee, universities send an e-mail containing login id and password to access portal where you can upload the scanned copy of required documents including transcripts, english test results, SOP and other documents.

You applied to which university??

MiteshS94

Dec 29, 2018
Yeah, I have applied to four canadian universities. After paying application fee, universities send an e-mail containing login id and password to access portal where you can upload the scanned copy of required documents including transcripts, english test results, SOP and other documents.

You applied to which university??
Which universities have you applied for?

MiteshS94

Dec 29, 2018
More transcripts can be arranged. My doubt was how to get more than 1 copy of LOR from professors? My agent asked me to get both that's why I am confused.