+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

About doing Masters in Dental Sciences for PG as an International Student

Shah Pahlavi

Nov 14, 2020
I want to come to Canada to complete my PG in Masters in Dental Sciences. Currently, I am a BDS(Bachelor of Dental Surgery) student. What will be the best options for me? I want to do research based works and settle in Canada. Thank You.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Research masters programs and see if you are eligible. Most will want to assess your current degree and make sure it is equivalent to a Canadian dentistry degree. Completing a masters doesn’t give you a license to practice in Canada. You still need to meet those requirements.

Shah Pahlavi

Nov 14, 2020
Research masters programs and see if you are eligible. Most will want to assess your current degree and make sure it is equivalent to a Canadian dentistry degree. Completing a masters doesn’t give you a license to practice in Canada. You still need to meet those requirements.
No sir. I don't want to practice as a dentist there. I want to join the research fields of dentistry like Msc In Dental Sciences. I want to work there as a researcher. In that case what will i have to do?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
No sir. I don't want to practice as a dentist there. I want to join the research fields of dentistry like Msc In Dental Sciences. I want to work there as a researcher. In that case what will i have to do?
As I said above, research Canadian masters programs to see if you are eligible and apply.

Reactions: Shah Pahlavi

Shah Pahlavi

Nov 14, 2020
Believe you need to be a licensed dentist in Canada for many of the masters in dentistry programs.
Sir, i think you're mentioning those programs which are clinical. But i want to get into non-clinical areas that covers the research aspect on dental science.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Sir, i think you're mentioning those programs which are clinical. But i want to get into non-clinical areas that covers the research aspect on dental science.
There are a few research related masters but the majority are clinical which is why I mentioned that you needed to be licensed for many of the masters programs. Would also suggest researching how difficult it will be to get licensed as an oral surgeon. Should also point out that Canada has a surplus of Dentists (pharmacists as well) which keeps on getting worse year after year. Although the immigration programs favours immigration by people with professional degrees even Canadian graduates are having trouble finding good dental jobs after graduation and it's even worse for pharmacists.

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/report-on-business/small-business/sb-growth/glut-of-dentists-causes-aches-in-canadas-big-cities/article36322773/

Reactions: Naturgrl

Shah Pahlavi

Nov 14, 2020
There are a few research related masters but the majority are clinical which is why I mentioned that you needed to be licensed for many of the masters programs. Would also suggest researching how difficult it will be to get licensed as an oral surgeon. Should also point out that Canada has a surplus of Dentists (pharmacists as well) which keeps on getting worse year after year. Although the immigration programs favours immigration by people with professional degrees even Canadian graduates are having trouble finding good dental jobs after graduation and it's even worse for pharmacists.

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/report-on-business/small-business/sb-growth/glut-of-dentists-causes-aches-in-canadas-big-cities/article36322773/
Thank you, Sir. This will help me alot.