+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

About Appeals

Leah85

Oct 14, 2018
I recently applied to extend my visitor's visa and this was refused. I'm considering an Appeal but I have question/s: While an appeal is in progress, would I be allowed to submit a new application for a visitors visa + restoration of status? Or do I have to wait for the result of the appeal first? Thank you to all that reply.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
I recently applied to extend my visitor's visa and this was refused. I'm considering an Appeal but I have question/s: While an appeal is in progress, would I be allowed to submit a new application for a visitors visa + restoration of status? Or do I have to wait for the result of the appeal first? Thank you to all that reply.
Appeals are expensive and take considerable time. And, basically, not advisable.

What would be the basis of your appeal? What was the reason for seeking an extension? Have you been asked to leave or are you allowed to apply for restoration of status?

Leah85

Oct 14, 2018
I had actually intended to apply for a student visa with a co-op work permit so I could complete my articles (Law). My dad (who was a permanent resident in Canada) suddenly got very ill and was hospitalized for 2 months before he passed away, and I was at his bedside all that time. I was in quite a depressed state thereafter and messed up my student visa application, then my visitors extension. My mom has Depression and has Angina and will probably be hospitalized soon. In the response I received, I've been asked to leave immediately...but I'm lost about what to do.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
I had actually intended to apply for a student visa with a co-op work permit so I could complete my articles (Law). My dad (who was a permanent resident in Canada) suddenly got very ill and was hospitalized for 2 months before he passed away, and I was at his bedside all that time. I was in quite a depressed state thereafter and messed up my student visa application, then my visitors extension. My mom has Depression and has Angina and will probably be hospitalized soon. In the response I received, I've been asked to leave immediately...but I'm lost about what to do.
What you did not do does not help for the present. You would have had to apply for a study permit from outside Canada. But, that's in hindsight.

Don't risk a removal/deportation. Just leave. It would be the best decision and will help for any future visits

Leah85

Oct 14, 2018
I'm just worried about being able to return should my mom need me to. Will this affect me adversely if I were to just leave?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
I'm just worried about being able to return should my mom need me to. Will this affect me adversely if I were to just leave?
When did you arrive as a visitor?

Regardless, you must leave ASAP. Your application has been refused + you have been instructed to leave. You really would not want to be deported

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Don't appeal. If you want to try to stay longer, apply to restore your status.

Leah85

Oct 14, 2018
I was told by an attorney that an appeal is the only way to stay longer...I asked about restoration of status but was told,no...

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
July last year. I hear you and I will leave ASAP.
Sounds like you have already had at least one visitor extension. Remember you are still a visitor and can not expect to stay indefinitely. Assume your parents have been sponsored by another sibling so they do have support.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
You'll need to post your letter. Does it say you cannot restore but have to leave?

If so, I would leave rather than appealing.

Leah85

Oct 14, 2018
Yes. U are right. I suppose my best option would be to get my study visa processed / or apply for a visitor's visa when I'm needed here. Would this affect future applications?