+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Able to re-enter Canada with car, without exporting?

slinkyhead

Jun 1, 2020
I'm a US citizen and completed PR landing at an airport, and then returned to the US a week later. When I landed, I listed my car under goods to follow. Am I able to briefly visit Canada in my car, without having to export it?

tuhadapeo

Jul 20, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal -> Vancouver
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
04-12-2018
AOR Received.
04-12-2018
Med's Done....
14-01-2019
Yes no issues. Temporary import is allowed up until 30 days. Don’t overstay that limit, if you do they will not let you get in next time and will demand that you import the car into Canada.

LongBill

Star Member
Aug 3, 2020
Florida, USA
Category........
FAM
I'm a US citizen and completed PR landing at an airport, and then returned to the US a week later. When I landed, I listed my car under goods to follow. Am I able to briefly visit Canada in my car, without having to export it?
For what it's worth, I "exported" and "imported" my own car without using a broker. You have "export" the car from the US, stopping at the US side of the border to do so, then "import" the car into Canada, stopping on the Canadian side to do so. Then you need the RIV inspection, the insurance, DL license, registration. And depending on province an "out of province import" inspection.

This was all tedious and confusing, but minimized costs and didn't take much time or research. US guy at border was surprised I did the export all on my own.

I paid no duty or fees. I had owned the car for 10 years.

Cars do have to meet Canadian standards.