+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

AAIP Accelerated Tech Pathway 2022

Tuan Pham

Jan 17, 2021
Hi Everyone. I hope someone may help my case.
I have a current Express Entry profile with a score of 456, and my first Canadian work experience NOC is 51120.

A home-based business (NAICS CODE 54192) which has just been set up last month, is going to give me a full-time offer (same as the NOC of the previous job). I am going to apply for Alberta Accelerated Tech Pathway because the NOC and NAICS CODE are eligible for the requirements. However, I have two questions to clarify more:
  • A new home-based business is okay and eligible for the Alberta Accelerated Tech Pathway?
  • If the program accepts a home-based business, will I have to change my mailing address is the same as the address of the home-based business? A friend told me about that
If anyone has a similar case, could you help me respond to the two questions? Thank you in advance.

winlife

Star Member
Jul 18, 2020
Once you fill Tech pathway form, Alberta will invite you to submit application. How much time do they give you to submit application?

(I don't have all documents ready now and I will need 1-2 months to get them all ready).

sean468

Mar 10, 2022
Calgary
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Edmonton
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
28-11-2022
Nomination.....
23-11-2022
AOR Received.
28-11-2022
Med's Request
17-05-2023
Med's Done....
17-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-06-2023
LANDED..........
22-06-2023
Once you fill Tech pathway form, Alberta will invite you to submit application. How much time do they give you to submit application?

(I don't have all documents ready now and I will need 1-2 months to get them all ready).
Summary: 30 Days to Start the Application, 60 days to complete it.

Here's the Email you will receive

Dear Candidate:

Thank you for your email submitting your Notification of Interest letter for the Alberta Express Entry Stream. If you submitted an Expression of Interest form for the Accelerated Tech Pathway, we thank you for your submission.
You may be eligible to submit an application as a General Express Entry Stream candidate or as a candidate for the expedited Accelerated Tech Pathway. You have 30 days from receiving this email to start the application process.
Next steps:

1. Review the relevant Alberta Express Entry Stream (general candidate or Accelerated Tech Pathway candidate) assessment criteria on the Eligibility page, as well as the terms and conditions and application process on the How to Apply page to determine if you are eligible to apply.

There is no guarantee an application will be assessed for nomination or that any application meeting criteria will result in a nomination. Submissions of an application or nomination by the Alberta Advantage Immigration Program does not guarantee you will be issued a permanent resident visa.
2. If you think you meet criteria, click on this link in the next 30 days to start the application process: ****UNIQUE LINK REMOVED***

• Set up a basic My Alberta Digital ID (MADI) account. Instructions are provided on the main page of the portal. Use the same email address you will be using for the portal.
  • If you:
    • already have an existing Alberta Advantage Immigration Program application under another stream for which you have not received a decision, you must submit a request to withdraw your existing application before you can proceed with a new application. Candidates may only have one active application in process with the Alberta Advantage Immigration Program. All requests for withdrawal must be submitted via the Alberta Advantage Immigration Program portal.
    • have a nomination certificate that is not expired or is still eligible for an extension, you are not eligible to submit a new application.
    • were nominated previously but have already received a decision on your permanent residence application for that nomination, email lbr.pnpoffice@gov.ab.ca with your old application number, full name and date of birth and proof of decision for your application for permanent residence. Once the program confirms your old application is closed out, you can create a new application
  • Start the application. You will be asked to enter your name as it is written in your passport and your email address. To access the portal, the email address you enter must be the same email address you provided with your Notification of Interest letter email or provided in your Expression of Interest form for the Accelerated Tech Pathway. If you have changed your email address, you must email lbr.pnpoffice@gov.ab.ca and provide your new email address, as well as your past and current MADI user names. We will update the system to accept the new email address. This could take up to 5 days. The Alberta Advantage Immigration Program will send an email to you advising when you can retry the link again.
3. From the date you received this email, you will have a total of 60 days to submit your complete application in the portal, including uploading all required supporting documents. Read the How to Apply page, which includes the document checklist and the steps for the application process.
  • To re-enter the Alberta Advantage Immigration Program portal after you have used the link in Step 2, you will have to login to the portal at https://aaip.labour.alberta.ca. Your draft application will be in the Check Existing Applications section

If you still have questions after reviewing the eligibility criteria and how to apply information on the Alberta Advantage Immigration Program website please contact us via the email form at https://extern.labour.alberta.ca/FeedbackForm/Immigration/Opportunity.

• Love
Reactions: winlife

winlife

Star Member
Jul 18, 2020
@sean468 Thanks for the detailed reply! Exactly what I was looking for.

Maybe I should get documents ready and then fill the form in about two months. But I see that the quota for Tech EE is 1219 out of which only around 470 is remaining. Should I be worried that in two months the quota will be finished?

sean468

Mar 10, 2022
Calgary
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Edmonton
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
28-11-2022
Nomination.....
23-11-2022
AOR Received.
28-11-2022
Med's Request
17-05-2023
Med's Done....
17-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-06-2023
LANDED..........
22-06-2023

Maybe I should get documents ready and then fill the form in about two months. But I see that the quota for Tech EE is 1219 out of which only around 470 is remaining. Should I be worried that in two months the quota will be finished?
It's hard to say. I got my nomination from AB in the Tech EE Pathway in November 2022 and I believe their quota was around 1250ish for the year. They still had a few hundred remaining when I applied.

Reactions: Ishinit and winlife

sean468

Mar 10, 2022
Calgary
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Edmonton
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
28-11-2022
Nomination.....
23-11-2022
AOR Received.
28-11-2022
Med's Request
17-05-2023
Med's Done....
17-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-06-2023
LANDED..........
22-06-2023

Here's a list of the Documents I needed when I submitted my application. Obviously your personal circumstances will be different, but at least it'll give you an idea what you will need.

Document TypeRequiredUpload
Valid passportsYes
Work permit(s)Yes
Language Assessment - CandidateYes
Language Assessment - Spouse/Common-law partner
Educational Credential Assessment (ECA)Yes
Education - CandidateYes
Education - Spouse/Common Law Partner
AIT Recognized Trade Certificate
Employment Reference(s)Yes
Licensing/Registration/Certification
Alberta Job Offer - Candidate
Employer InformationYes
Employment Reference Letter(s) - Spouse/Common Law Partner
Alberta relative(s)
Dependents Authorization Form
Use of Representative

Reactions: winlife

winlife

Star Member
Jul 18, 2020
@sean468 Thanks, that is helpful. My alberta employer is going through name change, rebranding, reorganization etc. I may have a different designation (same NOC code) or boss or team or office location (inside Alberta) in few weeks. I was thinking its best I wait till my company settles down.

bridalbeauty

Apr 28, 2019
I got NOI since 5th April 2023. Alberta employer got an email to confirm my job offer on 10th April noc-1123 this is my primary noc on EE profile. My current employer also got an email to confirm my job status on 16April. It is now 12th May no email with my nomination certificate and i am worried sick!

Ishinit

May 13, 2023
Seems similar with mine:
AINP TECH PILOT PROGRAM

EE Profile Created: 4th April
Noc Code: 0213
Job offer/Outland
Received NOI: 21st April
AINP Submitted: 30th April
Nomination received : 10th May (No nformation requested)
ITA : May 11
Application Submitted : June 9th
AOR: June 9th

Current : No Update
Have you got ur ppr ? Please share how much tym it took

winlife

Star Member
Jul 18, 2020
do you know if the nomination is tied to NOC code? Suppose I change NOC code from 21211 (Data scientist) to 21223 (database analyst), both of which are eligible for Tech PNP, should I inform them? Will they cancel nomination and I have to start from scratch?

Last edited:

Ishinit

May 13, 2023
It's hard to say. I got my nomination from AB in the Tech EE Pathway in November 2022 and I believe their quota was around 1250ish for the year. They still had a few hundred remaining when I applied.

Hi , I got my nomination in october 26, 2022 nd ITA in nov , so have u got ur copr ?? I didnt get mine yet , please share ur timeline

sean468

Mar 10, 2022
Calgary
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Edmonton
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
28-11-2022
Nomination.....
23-11-2022
AOR Received.
28-11-2022
Med's Request
17-05-2023
Med's Done....
17-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-06-2023
LANDED..........
22-06-2023
Hi , I got my nomination in october 26, 2022 nd ITA in nov , so have u got ur copr ?? I didnt get mine yet , please share ur timeline
I had to redo my medicals on Friday. Once IRCC get those updated results, everything else has been signed off as completed. So it's not far away.

Alberta Tech Pathway Application Submitted16th Nov 2022
Alberta Nomination22nd Nov 2022
IRCC ITA23rd Nov 2022
e-APR28th Nov 2022
R10 Pass12th Dec 2022
Medical Pass12th Dec 2022
Biometrics Pass12th Dec 2022
Background Check Pass01st Feb 2023
Medical Expired23rd Feb 2023
Eligibility Pass17th May 2023
Info Sharing Pass17th May 2023
Medical Re-assessment Requested18th May 2023
Medicals Complete19th May 2023
Med Results Sent to IRCCNot Yet Submitted

Last edited:

Ishinit

May 13, 2023
Submitted the tech form in mid April, and got the email invite to apply within one week.
One week after I submitted the Application, they sent an email to my employer to confirm my employment status.
And the very next day after my boss replied that email to confirm my employment, they approved my AAIP and issued me the nomination certificate.
In my case, the Tech Pathway is really fast, entire process only took serval weeks.
Hey ! Please share ur timeline when did u get COPR ?