+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

A11EXAM - Processing time for Work Permit

Root brar

Jul 13, 2021
Congratulations :)

I am still waiting for an IRCC response but nothing yet I was applied for A11exam 4Aug and still nothing :(

rickyxu

Sep 11, 2021
Hi Guys,
My wife got her work permit by mail today.
So she requested the A11EXAM by webform on the 5th of August. It showed approved document on her CIC account by Friday 20th of August.
Then 7 business days later she got It on our mailbox.
I just saw they updated my status on cic yesterday. Did you get any email or any other notification from them when they were about to mail your wife's permit? Or you just checked your mailbox everyday? Thx:)

sweelinck

Star Member
Aug 2, 2020
Poland
Category........
BUSINESS
I got my approval yesterday, I'm in BC right now and I don't want to wait 8 weeks for the A11EXAM.
Any of you tried flagpoling? Is it allowed now with the Canadian border opening?
Since you need a negative test for entering Canada, do you have to take one before flagpoling?

malacucu

Jul 9, 2021
So I just tried flagpole. It worked, but just prepare your documents (negative covid test before 72 hours, visa, LOI, job offer, etc). The officier may try discourage you from leaving Canada but if you are confident that you have prepare the paper work, then you should be fine. No quarantine for me.

Sep 15, 2021
Hi Everyone, thanks for all of the useful information in this thread.

My girlfriend sent her A11EXAM request through IRCC webform about a month ago. We are also still waiting for any news. Can I check with you that at any point you had to fill out the IMM 5710 form (Application to change conditions, extend my stay..) for this? It is not necessary right?

We'll be checking her CIC account tonight.

Thanks in advance!
Marko

Sep 15, 2021
Hi again,

So my girlfriend received her work permit in the mail yesterday after we noticed the work permit update on her CIC account last week. This is all wonderful. However, the expiry date of her WP is April 22, 2022.. so it's only valid for 7 months. April 22 is the date she got her correspondence letter.
We waited to activate her new WP because she was still on a valid part time student WP (that expires in November).
How do we extend her WP expiry date to Sep 14, 2022, the date that her WP was issued?

winston1975

Jan 18, 2021
So I just tried flagpole. It worked, but just prepare your documents (negative covid test before 72 hours, visa, LOI, job offer, etc). The officier may try discourage you from leaving Canada but if you are confident that you have prepare the paper work, then you should be fine. No quarantine for me.
Hello there. Congratulations for getting your work permit. Which border did you go? I might try flag poling too.