+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

A11EXAM - Processing time for Work Permit

guidebortoli

Star Member
Aug 24, 2019
Hi,
My wife has just submitted the A11EXAM with her LOI for my wife's OWP that was approved outland two days ago. My wife is inland already and I want to know for those who have done it, how long it took to receive the permit by mail here in Canada? It says in the website that take at least 8 week for them to process. Is this still valid? It is a long time for a piece of paper...
Is there another way to get the permit faster?
Are we allowed to go to the border?

Thank you

Last edited:

Ramneek113

Aug 6, 2021
Hi,
My wife has just submitted the A11EXAM with her LOI for my wife's OWP that was approved outland two days ago. My wife is inland already and I want to know for those who have done it, how long it took to receive the permit by mail here in Canada? It says in the website that take at least 8 week for them to process. Is this still valid? It is a long time for a piece of paper...

Thank you
Hi,

Thank you
Same situation it’s been 5 weeks submitted web form no response

guidebortoli

Star Member
Aug 24, 2019
What bugs me is that they don't even send you a message saying that they acknowledge the receiving of the request and they'll start processing...
I have no idea if they have my wife's file already or not...

She'll send an e-mail to the Canadian Consulate in Brazil and tell them that she already requested the A11EXAM but no answer from IRCC yet...

guidebortoli

Star Member
Aug 24, 2019
Nope not for me.
When you sent the webform did you get any answer from them? Like even an automatic response that they acknowledge the receive of the request?
Because my wife did not receive anything and we are afraid that they did not get the request...

They specifically said to not send more than one request for the A11EXAM because it can delay the process. But how we supposed to know that they are working on this matter?

guidebortoli

Star Member
Aug 24, 2019
I just got into my wife's CIC account...
On Friday 20th August they updated the Document Status...
It has her:

NameUnique Client Identifier (UCI)DocumentDocument numberStatusExpiry dateStatus Updated DateTravel document NumberCountry of Issue

Basically it is her Work Permit information already!
The document number column is the Work Permit Number.
I believe we can expect in the mail this week!

I'll keep you guys posted!

Root brar

Jul 13, 2021
I just got into my wife's CIC account...
On Friday 20th August they updated the Document Status...
It has her:

NameUnique Client Identifier (UCI)DocumentDocument numberStatusExpiry dateStatus Updated DateTravel document NumberCountry of Issue

Basically it is her Work Permit information already!
The document number column is the Work Permit Number.
I believe we can expect in the mail this week!

I'll keep you guys posted!

could you tell me what was submitted date the A11EXAM

Last edited: