Passport Req..
04 June 2013
VISA ISSUED...
01 July 2013
LANDED..........
06 Oct 2013 (hopefully)
minhas82 said:
Two important announcements by Jason Kenny on Twitter today morning

"We've decided to release the list of designated educational assessment agencies at same time as the occupations list, in April."
and
"The new intake of FSWP applications this May will have a numerical cap and be limited to certain occupational categories"
Thanks minhas82 for keeping your vigil on the Minister and sharing the news. Though it is indeed not a good news for the people who are about to apply for FSW starting May 2013, it a very good news for most of MI -1 applicants.

To all the people who are about to apply and reading this, take no offense, but this is a very welcome move by CIC - Why? Because, for many of MI -1, the only mistake they did was to apply at an earlier stage. MI-1s have witnessed many MI-2s and MI-3s with the similar qualification and experience who applied much later, getting everything cleared fast and have started their new life in Canada, while we are still awaiting the output of our applications! It is not the fault of MI-2 or MI-3 applicants and I only wish them good luck. But, it will be highly unfair if MI-1s are still left stranded and CIC starts processing brand new applicants by jumping the queue again. It has been years of wait and seems no end to it. I have no comments for all those ill-fated applicants, in spite of waiting 5 to 8 years, got rejected because their applications became a part of the heavy backlog dating beyond 2008, affecting the reputation of CIC... So, we welcome these new ministerial decisions to concentrate on clearing the backlog than taking numerous new applications only to delay the whole system!

amitsmeet

Sep 11, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Actually its this way, it happens in immigration, MI 1's are carefully examined against the "NEW JOBS CREATED" figures in Canada, e.g. Finance Manager, which is no more in MI-2, gets a less priority then say a physiotherapist, who are currently in great demand, so its the change in "PRIORITIES" for the office that makes the difference, but none the less, they have processed the MI -1's, that must me a sign of relief.

ASK

Dec 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 Oct 2009
AOR Received.
29 Jun 2010
File Transfer...
06 Jan 2010
Med's Request
09 Oct 2012
Med's Done....
20 Oct 2012
Passport Req..
04 June 2013
VISA ISSUED...
01 July 2013
LANDED..........
06 Oct 2013 (hopefully)
amitsmeet said:
Actually its this way, it happens in immigration, MI 1's are carefully examined against the "NEW JOBS CREATED" figures in Canada, e.g. Finance Manager, which is no more in MI-2, gets a less priority then say a physiotherapist, who are currently in great demand, so its the change in "PRIORITIES" for the office that makes the difference, but none the less, they have processed the MI -1's, that must me a sign of relief.
I understand the 'Priorities' aspect with which they process. But what about the applicants whose occupations are still in demand and still kept waiting only because they belong to MI-1?

amitsmeet

Sep 11, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Well, thats a part where injustice is done, so these guys should definitely be angry...

namaste

Champion Member
Jan 5, 2013
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-06-2014
Nomination.....
15-10-2014 (PER)
Med's Request
25-11-2014
Med's Done....
10-12-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
06-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
21-02-2015
LANDED..........
16-05-2015
I am a to-be new applicant, but I don't take offense at CIC's decision that they want to process MI1 before the new applications. That's the right thing to do.
But, I always thought that when CIC made statements about the new FSW late last year, that was in the context of all the backlogs that they were still trying to clear. Based on their statement, it seemed that the new applications would be simultaneously processed with all other applications. So, the backlogged applications and the new applications wouldn't have to compete.

But clearly, it seems that the backlog aren't getting cleared as fast as they would want to, hence they've made the recent decisions about the few FSW that they have made. It's unfortunate for the new applicants that CIC and Kenny cannot keep their words, but it's better to know what you are getting into than to apply and wait for years.

CIC and Kenny are the culprits here. It seems they can do whatever they want.

ASK said:
Thanks minhas82 for keeping your vigil on the Minister and sharing the news. Though it is indeed not a good news for the people who are about to apply for FSW starting May 2013, it a very good news for most of MI -1 applicants.

To all the people who are about to apply and reading this, take no offense, but this is a very welcome move by CIC - Why? Because, for many of MI -1, the only mistake they did was to apply at an earlier stage. MI-1s have witnessed many MI-2s and MI-3s with the similar qualification and experience who applied much later, getting everything cleared fast and have started their new life in Canada, while we are still awaiting the output of our applications! It is not the fault of MI-2 or MI-3 applicants and I only wish them good luck. But, it will be highly unfair if MI-1s are still left stranded and CIC starts processing brand new applicants by jumping the queue again. It has been years of wait and seems no end to it. I have no comments for all those ill-fated applicants, in spite of waiting 5 to 8 years, got rejected because their applications became a part of the heavy backlog dating beyond 2008, affecting the reputation of CIC... So, we welcome these new ministerial decisions to concentrate on clearing the backlog than taking numerous new applications only to delay the whole system!

ASK

Dec 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 Oct 2009
AOR Received.
29 Jun 2010
File Transfer...
06 Jan 2010
Med's Request
09 Oct 2012
Med's Done....
20 Oct 2012
Passport Req..
04 June 2013
VISA ISSUED...
01 July 2013
LANDED..........
06 Oct 2013 (hopefully)
New Interesting Tweets from Honorable Minister Jason Kenny dated 21 Feb 2013 in response to Questions related to CIC:

1) Qn: When will you publish the list of Professions (NOC) for the new FSW program coming on May 4th? Thanks!

Ans: We will publish the list of occupations (NOCs) for the May intake of FSWP applications in April.

Source: https://twitter.com/kenneyjason/status/304401603358781440

2) Qn: When EOI is expected?

Ans: The "Expression of Interest System" (EOI) will be introduced in late 2014.

Source: https://twitter.com/kenneyjason/status/304407714245799937

3) Qn: CIC needs to announce that there is an occupations list. Many are charging to prepare applications for ppl who won't qualify.

Ans: Agreed. The new intake of FSWP applications this May will have a numerical cap and be limited to certain occupational categories.

Source: https://twitter.com/kenneyjason/status/304417339993112577

4) Qn: Dear Minister, Are you still planning to release the list of designated educational assessment agencies in February?

Ans: We've decided to release the list of designated educational assessment agencies at same time as the occupations list, in April.

Source: https://twitter.com/kenneyjason/status/304417339993112577

amitsmeet

Sep 11, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Agreed, CIC went serious only once they announced that they wont be accepting any new apps till Jan and then deffered to May, again the recent twit by Kenney cud be an outcome of 2 startling facts: one they want to clear the M1-1 backlog, all of them, and second, viewing the current economic scenario, the employment data, they want to accelerate at a slow rate.....

ASK

Dec 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 Oct 2009
AOR Received.
29 Jun 2010
File Transfer...
06 Jan 2010
Med's Request
09 Oct 2012
Med's Done....
20 Oct 2012
Passport Req..
04 June 2013
VISA ISSUED...
01 July 2013
LANDED..........
06 Oct 2013 (hopefully)
A VERY GOOD NEWS FOR ALL THE FSW APPLICANTS TILL DATE

An interesting presentation by Honorable Minister about eliminating the entire FSW backlog by 2015:

Link: http://www.jasonkenney.ca/media/2013/03/Backlog-Presentation-Deck-FINAL-EN-presentation.pdf

myluckyprincess

Star Member
Mar 21, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
April 28, 2015
Passport Req..
July 9, 2015
hi. does MI stand for Ministerial Instructions? i'm just a newbie here... :)

Ministerial Instructions: The Ministerial Instructions were issued as per IRPA 87(3) on November 28th, 2008 and apply only to applications submitted on or after February 27, 2008. They do not apply to refugees, protected persons or persons making a request on humanitarian and compassionate grounds from within Canada. The Ministerial Instructions establish the following criteria that foreign skilled workers must meet in order to be eligible to apply:

have an offer of arranged employment, OR
be a foreign national living legally in Canada for one year as a temporary foreign worker or an international student, OR
be a skilled worker who has at least one year of experience in one of 38 prescribed occupations.

myluckyprincess

Star Member
Mar 21, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
April 28, 2015
Passport Req..
July 9, 2015
i'm hoping for this!

namaste said:
I am a to-be new applicant, but I don't take offense at CIC's decision that they want to process MI1 before the new applications. That's the right thing to do.
But, I always thought that when CIC made statements about the new FSW late last year, that was in the context of all the backlogs that they were still trying to clear. Based on their statement, it seemed that the new applications would be simultaneously processed with all other applications. So, the backlogged applications and the new applications wouldn't have to compete.

But clearly, it seems that the backlog aren't getting cleared as fast as they would want to, hence they've made the recent decisions about the few FSW that they have made. It's unfortunate for the new applicants that CIC and Kenny cannot keep their words, but it's better to know what you are getting into than to apply and wait for years.

CIC and Kenny are the culprits here. It seems they can do whatever they want.

myluckyprincess

Star Member
Mar 21, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
April 28, 2015
Passport Req..
July 9, 2015
thanks ASK.

ASK said:
Yes. MI refers to Ministerial Instructions. Welcome to this wonderful forum.