+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

A unique (and may be fastest) RQ case

newcomer

Dec 3, 2007
Middle East
Hi,

I found an RQ case at another forum,which got test date after just one month of RQ docs. submission ,so thought of sharing.May be it could be useful for people who have been RQed.

http://www.immigration.ca/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=8560&PID=201938&title=nov-dec-2011-jan-2012#201938

C-Kay

Online Status: Online
Quote Reply Posted: Today at 7:29pm
My husband and I have received letter for the test in June.

We sent our application together in Dec 2011
Our application went in process in Nov 2012
My husband received RQ in March 2013 from Ottawa office
He sent the forms/docs on April 12 2013
Letter for test sent from Ottawa office May 13 2013

Is this the fastest RQ case? 1 month
I sent them a letter to separate our files in April but our files were never separated. Our online status was not updated to reflect the RQ process. I was going to give them a call actually to find out but glad that things went fast.

I'm not sure if this makes any difference, but the letter what request the RQ said that the judge needed more info. So maybe it was just a matter of reviewing the supporting docs and make a decision and that our files had already been processed?

DELAWARE

Nov 24, 2008
Fastest I have heard. Let's hope it continues throughout all the offices. On twitter Minister Kennedy announced citizenship judge appointments, let hope this helps RQ processing

cadvis

Star Member
Mar 23, 2013
the way I think of the above case is - anyone applied for citizenship can be called for test. I was called for test, got an RQ while document verification but I was allowed to take the test. Getting letter for citizenship test does not prove that the RQ process is complete. If this RQ'd person get the OATH letter, i would say it is a fastest case.

This is my analysis, may be I missed something...

Mary Chad

Jan 24, 2012
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have a friend who went for test,when she called for interview, the officer already had RQ ready for her without asking any thing or documents verification, they still let
her take test, it was one year back, she is still waiting for oath or judge hearing

Mason

May 21, 2013
I am not sure if my case is unique. CIC received my file on June 2011 and I took the test in May 2012. While at the test I asked if I need to present supporting documents such as passport translation and utility bills and ...(I had them all with me) I was told there is no need for them. After a month I called CIC and an agent told me I passed the test and am waiting for the oath. Again called after 3 months they said the same thing. After 105 days I received RQ and it has been more than 9 months that I submitted my document and still have no news except my file was transferred from Scarborough office to St Clear. If I had received the RQ at the test I could have saved 3 months. Have called CIC toll free number and I have been quoted from 12 to 48 months for processing time. The last agent told me 37 months from the time they receive an application but I am sure these numbers are not real since I have a friend who has been waiting for almost 40 months.