+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

A SW-1 study visa?

rish261193

Star Member
Aug 31, 2016
Hey, I just revived my study permit, it's Catogary sw1, most of.my friends for a 'S' visa... I did a bit of research and found that I have a study-work visa , my question is, with this am I eligible to apply for an work permit after the completion of my course?

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
rish261193 said:
Hey, I just revived my study permit, it's Catogary sw1, most of.my friends for a 'S' visa... I did a bit of research and found that I have a study-work visa , my question is, with this am I eligible to apply for an work permit after the completion of my course?
if your course is full time and 8 months or more you may qualify to apply for a post grad work permit the length of which will map to course length if less than 2 years or if 2 years or more then you might get a 3 year permit. Do not confuse a PGWP with perm residence thats a whole different scenario and has nothing to do whether you chose to work part time during your studies

The information is readily available on the immigration website http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/work-postgrad-who.asp

rish261193

Star Member
Aug 31, 2016
Bs65 said:
if your course is full time and 8 months or more you may qualify to apply for a post grad work permit the length of which will map to course length if less than 2 years or if 2 years or more then you might get a 3 year permit. Do not confuse a PGWP with perm residence thats a whole different scenario and has nothing to do whether you chose to work part time during your studies

The information is readily available on the immigration website http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/work-postgrad-who.asp
Thanks for the info. My course is of one year, for which I read that I am eligible to apply for a 1 year full time work permit after the completion of my study.. What got me confused was the SW catogary..

mead

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
Doc's Request.
28-11-2012
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
6-12-2012
rish261193 said:
Thanks for the info. My course is of one year, for which I read that I am eligible to apply for a 1 year full time work permit after the completion of my study.. What got me confused was the SW catogary..
is ur program coop?

mead

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
Doc's Request.
28-11-2012
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
6-12-2012
rish261193 said:
yes it's post graduate certification program , has to be a co-op .
if its a coop program then yes ur visa is SW student and work visa as opposed to ur friends who may not be coop so only student visa. I am guessing u applied for coop work permit?