A student from India has query regarding Canada student visa financial docs

Priyavart Rajain

Aug 29, 2017
New Delhi , india
VISA ISSUED...
24-08-2018
LANDED..........
02-07-2018
No its for everyone. Under SDS, you show payed 1 year tuition and living cost ($ 10000) through GIC, so you dont need anything else.
However, for other cases you need to show the same amount through other sources (loan, scholarship, bank statement). However these other sources should show liquid money (readily cash convertible) not fixed assets (property etc).
Got your point.. :)

koyel94

Jul 10, 2018
I have 30 lac liquid money in my ICICI bank account. I can access it according to my need. Then according to your discussion it will be alright.

Priyavart Rajain

Aug 29, 2017
New Delhi , india
VISA ISSUED...
24-08-2018
LANDED..........
02-07-2018
You seem to be in lot of rush. Hold on and calm down first !

Try to understand that processing time of paper based applications are around 7 weeks.

You are yet to obtain GIC certificate, academic fees receipts, bank balance certificate and other statements. Even if you get these things done, it will be close to 20th July when you submit your application. I don't want to dishearten you, but this seems like a dream run to get visa in 30-40 days when many students are waiting for 3 months. On the other hand, when are you going to book your flight tickets and arrange accommodation in Canada and other misc tasks. You are trying to balance your act on a very tight rope at the last moment.

BTW, if your loan is from Avanse then ICICI is not going to give any declaration. They will probably give balance certificate. Documents related to loan has to come from right channel to convince VO. Otherwise your finance documents will get jumbled up between ICICI and Avanse and will confuse VO.

You should not have got loan amount transferred in one shot. Instead, the amount should have been released in installments as you progress semester by semester in your studies. I am afraid, now that you have got full amount transferred in one shot, the loan interest rate might have already started ticking. Unfortunately, paying GIC from loan was not advisable.

Usually, for visa you just need to show loan sanction letter. In the event of your visa getting rejected, you need not pay any interest to bank or loan issuing institution because you never took the real money from them. In your case, you have got 30L transferred and 5L paid for GIC, for God sake if something does not turn up as expected then how much interest you need to pay from your pocket now?

All this arrangement made in haste does not sound too good to me. My 2 cents - Try to get your admissions deferred to Jan 2019.
Sounds disheartening but he is right , you will be at very high risk.. even if you get your visa , you won't be able to arrange other things, just be strong , act wisely and defer to January , it is just a matter of few months..

Reactions: rafai

darthv

Star Member
Jun 12, 2018
I have already managed my accommodation in Canada and I am applying online, not offline.
Chances are slim for online application too. If your documents are in order, you can apply. If decision is not made within the time, you will have to defer.
But don't apply in a haste, rejection is the worst. Make sure your documents are complete.

Vishwas.exe

Sep 21, 2019
Hi, I am Koyelia Khatun from Kolkata, West Bengal, India. I have got admission in Concordia University for MASc(thesis) in Electrical and Computer engineering program for fall of 2018 intake. Although am for MASc program, but still I have not got any scholarship from the university. I am preparing my docs for student visa application and am facing some problems regarding arranging my financial docs. I am from middle class family and my father doesn't have any savings and his salary is also very much less. I have education loan sanctioned amount of Rs. 30 lac from Avanse and the whole amount has been transferred to my ICICI back account by Avanse. I have also paid for GIC from the education loan which I got from Avanse. Apart from that I have my father's property of Rs. 30 lac and I have got the CA certificate of that.Now my question is that, is there any possibility to get rejection my student visa if I show 30 lac loan amount, GIC(paid from education loan)and CA certificate of my father's property? Please help me ASAP as I will fill the online application form for Canada student visa within 2 days.
What is your current status??? Your visa approved?