+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

A second request for Details of military service imm 5546 when I didn't serve

Dimon1

Oct 3, 2021
Hi there,

I sponsored my parents in 2021. Recently IRCC agent requested additional information which included details of military service referencing father's and mothers' work experience at a military base where he worked as a civilian. My reply included an explanation that they worked as civilians and a photocopy of fathers military and work book where it is that he did not serve. For some reason, it didn't satisfy the agent as they sent me another request to provide details of military service a month later.

Did this happen to anyone?

Military Records: You are required to provide a completed Details of Military Service form (IMM5546)
containing the specifics of your service in the military, army, and/or national defense. Please ensure you provide detailed
information outlining your ROLES and DUTIES for each position held. You must also submit proof of service completion or
discharge from active duty AND a copy of your military card/booklet, including blank pages. Ensure to provide the
information in chronological order and with NO gaps in information. Failure to provide complete information may delay
the processing of your application. If you cannot fit all requested details on the form please provide an addendum.
https://www.canada.ca/content/dam/ircc/migration/ircc/english/pdf/kits/forms/imm5546e.pdf

Bushra Toma

May 29, 2022
Hi. My husband has got a second detailed military service record document. He got the first request in October 2022. May I know if you have received a decision (positive or negative) after submitting the document? Please reply.

Mareen

Star Member
Oct 15, 2022
Hi there,

Looks like I am in the same pool. They have asked me to provide the IMM5546 forms again with the following information" A certified copy of Military records IMM5546" have you certified that as well?

Bushra Toma

May 29, 2022
Hi. My husband was asked to fill up the same IMM form last year in October. After 1 year and 20 days IRCC has given him another form attached to the email to be filled up and submitted by 15 days. This new form is not an IMM form, rather it was attached to the email. IRCC never asked for a certified IMM 5546 form. Thanks. May I know your application date please?

Mareen

Star Member
Oct 15, 2022
Hi there ,

we submitted the IMM5546 to our initial application which was submitted June 18,2022 . We received our pre arrival fen16,2023. In December 2023 they asked to do medical as the first one expired . Yesterday they asked us to to complete the IMM 5546 form again .

A certified copy of Military records IMM5546. If you were exempt, please provide official proof of military exemption from the relevant authority. This must be submitted to IRCC before 16 February 2024.

To download application forms, please visit:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees

Bushra Toma

May 29, 2022
Hi. Congratulations for the improvement on your application. I believe they will expedite the process for you. It seems they’re confirming with the military records before emailing the ecopr. Hopefully, you’ll get your decision soon. Thanks.

Mareen

Star Member
Oct 15, 2022
Hi there, I hope that happens soon. It's long over due . If that happens I will be so happy. Thank you very much :) Good luck to you as well.

Ayofe

Apr 15, 2024
Hi there,

Looks like I am in the same pool. They have asked me to provide the IMM5546 forms again with the following information" A certified copy of Military records IMM5546" have you certified that as well?
Hi Mareen, I'm in the same boat, my parents were never in the military. So what did you do?