+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

A Recognized Refugee Seeking Entry To Canada

Dec 29, 2019
I am Refugee and a Stateless person in exile for over 15-years who have been held Hostage, exploited and deprived of everything in Greece for over 5-years. I am currently on a long-standing protest at the doorsteps of the office of the United Nations Refugee Agency (UNHCR) for more than 34-months, where I was initially on hunger strike for up to 64-days as well. I am also undocumented for more than 22-months.

The Canadian Authorities (The Embassy and Minister's Office) have asked for a Resettlement Referral from UNHCR order to consider my case for Resettlement in Canada, but UNHCR seems to have completely lost prospective and compassion, they are calling the Police on me for over 5-years and it looks like they only tend to extend the situation in a clear hope that would eventually die and never going to make it. Perhaps death by starvation. A cheap and easy solution without having to cost them anything and all the expense of the Refugee himself. A systematic deprivation and targeted assassination.

I have also asked the Canadian Authorities on numerous occasions to consider granting me entry to Canada and let me seek Canada's protection there upon arrival, but they only referred me back to UNHCR.

Can anybody here help?

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
I am Refugee and a Stateless person in exile for over 15-years who have been held Hostage, exploited and deprived of everything in Greece for over 5-years. I am currently on a long-standing protest at the doorsteps of the office of the United Nations Refugee Agency (UNHCR) for more than 34-months, where I was initially on hunger strike for up to 64-days as well. I am also undocumented for more than 22-months.

The Canadian Authorities (The Embassy and Minister's Office) have asked for a Resettlement Referral from UNHCR order to consider my case for Resettlement in Canada, but UNHCR seems to have completely lost prospective and compassion, they are calling the Police on me for over 5-years and it looks like they only tend to extend the situation in a clear hope that would eventually die and never going to make it. Perhaps death by starvation. A cheap and easy solution without having to cost them anything and all the expense of the Refugee himself. A systematic deprivation and targeted assassination.

I have also asked the Canadian Authorities on numerous occasions to consider granting me entry to Canada and let me seek Canada's protection there upon arrival, but they only referred me back to UNHCR.

Can anybody here help?

Bottom line. Nobody on the forum can assist you in getting to Canada outside of the official process.
You have three basic options.

1) wait for resettlement VIA the UNHCR process.
2) apply for, and be granted, a Temporary Resident Visa (TRV) as a visitor, student or foreign worker.
3) find an organisation or "group of five" that will sponsor you as a refugee to Canada.

Please understand that Canada has absolutely no obligation to provide you with resettlement, and you may actually be harming your own chances by your actions.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I'm sorry for your situation.

Your best bet is to contact various organizations on the Sponsorship Agreement Holder list to see if they may be willing to sponsor you. The list of organizations involved in this program is below.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/refugees/help-outside-canada/private-sponsorship-program/agreement-holders/holders-list.html

There is really no chance a TRV will be granted to allow you to come to Canada and claim refugee status here. This is not an option that is worth pursuing further. I would instead focus your energy on contacting organizations on the above list to see if you can find a sponsor.

Dec 29, 2019
I'm sorry for your situation.

Your best bet is to contact various organizations on the Sponsorship Agreement Holder list to see if they may be willing to sponsor you. The list of organizations involved in this program is below.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/refugees/help-outside-canada/private-sponsorship-program/agreement-holders/holders-list.html

There is really no chance a TRV will be granted to allow you to come to Canada and claim refugee status here. This is not an option that is worth pursuing further. I would instead focus your energy on contacting organizations on the above list to see if you can find a sponsor.
I have already reached out to most of those Organizations. There is no help from there. It looks like they only help those who have already a member of their families OR closed relatives already settled in Canada. I have none, so they are not helping :-(

Dec 29, 2019
Bottom line. Nobody on the forum can assist you in getting to Canada outside of the official process.
You have three basic options.

1) wait for resettlement VIA the UNHCR process.
2) apply for, and be granted, a Temporary Resident Visa (TRV) as a visitor, student or foreign worker.
3) find an organisation or "group of five" that will sponsor you as a refugee to Canada.

Please understand that Canada has absolutely no obligation to provide you with resettlement, and you may actually be harming your own chances by your actions.
What do you mean harming my chances by my actions? You didn't specify exactly what actions are you referring to, could you be a little more specific on that. Thank you

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
What do you mean harming my chances by my actions? You didn't specify exactly what actions are you referring to, could you be a little more specific on that. Thank you
By attempting to embarrass the Government of Canada in bringing you to Canada . They are under no obligation to do so, and you haven’t stated why you feel Canada out of all the countries in the world are obligated to do that , they aren’t, as already mentioned above
The UNHCR determines where you’d be settled in the world , you don’t get to choose

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I have already reached out to most of those Organizations. There is no help from there. It looks like they only help those who have already a member of their families OR closed relatives already settled in Canada. I have none, so they are not helping :-(
In that case your only option for resettlement to Canada is through the UNHCR resettlement process.

Dec 29, 2019
By attempting to embarrass the Government of Canada in bringing you to Canada . They are under no obligation to do so, and you haven’t stated why you feel Canada out of all the countries in the world are obligated to do that , they aren’t, as already mentioned above
The UNHCR determines where you’d be settled in the world , you don’t get to choose
I haven't made any attempts to embarrass the government of Canada OR any other government for that matter. Please stop accusing me of doing so. If you think otherwise, then please provide reasonable arguments and solid evidence. I am trying to find a solution to my dire situation not getting involved in a straying argument with people, whom may OR may not even know anything about Refugees OR Resettlement Process..

The matter of the fact is that, UNHCR is literally murdering me in Greece and since the decisions on Resettlement Cases are also ultimately made by the country of Resettlement, not UNHCR, I believe they can do more than just relying on UNHCR for considering individuals for Resettlement.

Besides, what is wrong with granting entry to a Recognized Refugee and let him find Asylum/Protection in the country of Asylum upon his arrival. Some people call it Humanitarian Corridor, I tend to call it a Safe Passage.

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
I haven't made any attempts to embarrass the government of Canada OR any other government for that matter. Please stop accusing me of doing so. If you think otherwise, then please provide reasonable arguments and solid evidence. I am trying to find a solution to my dire situation not getting involved in a straying argument with people, whom may OR may not even know anything about Refugees OR Resettlement Process..

The matter of the fact is that, UNHCR is literally murdering me in Greece and since the decisions on Resettlement Cases are also ultimately made by the country of Resettlement, not UNHCR, I believe they can do more than just relying on UNHCR for considering individuals for Resettlement.

Besides, what is wrong with granting entry to a Recognized Refugee and let him find Asylum/Protection in the country of Asylum upon his arrival. Some people call it Humanitarian Corridor, I tend to call it a Safe Passage.
Well the CIC begs to disagree
https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=088&top=11

Not every person referred by the UNHCR is accepted for resettlement in Canada.

But do what you want, or follow advice posted earlier

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
On what basis is the UNHCR involving the police in your case and for what reasons? Why would they need to do that for a simple request for resettlement?

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
I

If you are already a recognized refugee in Greece, you can’t claim asylum in Canada. You should explore regular immigration opportunities if Canada is your goal.

Dec 29, 2019
On what basis is the UNHCR involving the police in your case and for what reasons? Why would they need to do that for a simple request for resettlement?
I have no idea why are they doing this, unless to assume it is a politically motivated treatment. In fact, they have been doing this to me since my illegal deportation from Sweden back to Greece in September 2015. A totally irresponsible and ill-treatment that finally forced me into announcing a Hunger Strike and Protest at the doorsteps of their Office, which went on for 64-days, but I am still there up to this date. It's now over 34-months, with no support, no solidarity and no protection.

And clearly, Resettlement requests is not that simple to them, OR at least they want to make it as hard as possible for me to the extend of even starving me to death. I have been held Hostage in Greece for over 5-years, no income, no protection, no support OR whatsoever.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I have no idea why are they doing this, unless to assume it is a politically motivated treatment. In fact, they have been doing this to me since my illegal deportation from Sweden back to Greece in September 2015. A totally irresponsible and ill-treatment that finally forced me into announcing a Hunger Strike and Protest at the doorsteps of their Office, which went on for 64-days, but I am still there up to this date. It's now over 34-months, with no support, no solidarity and no protection.

And clearly, Resettlement requests is not that simple to them, OR at least they want to make it as hard as possible for me to the extend of even starving me to death. I have been held Hostage in Greece for over 5-years, no income, no protection, no support OR whatsoever.
None of us here work for the Canadian government or IRCC. All we can tell you is what options are available to you under current rules. The options available to you from outside of Canada are:

1) Wait for resettlement by UNHCR
2) Private sponsorship through one of the Sponsorship Agreement Holder organizations
3) Private sponsorship through the Group of 5 program arranged through a family member or friend in Canada

If you are looking for IRCC and/or the Canadian government to bend the rules or make an exception in your case - then you need to continue contacting government officials with this request. Posting here isn't going to accomplish anything - it will just end up being a waste of your time.

Good luck. I sincerely hope something works out for you.

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015

So what was the basis of removal from Sweden?

Dec 29, 2019
I

If you are already a recognized refugee in Greece, you can’t claim asylum in Canada. You should explore regular immigration opportunities if Canada is your goal.
Recognized Refugee in Greece, is just a painful joke, as Refugees basically have no rights OR whatsoever in this country. Besides, I was initially missed and forced into presenting my case to the authorities in Greece in the year 2014. It was meant that I get documents and leave the country in order to find another country in Europe and settle there. It was to avoid smugglers and people traffickers. I was also to some extending assured that Europe wouldn't be sending back Refugees to Greece. ''They are very good people, they understand how bad is the situation in Greece and they will never send you back'' they told me at the time (2014). But Sweden sent me back right away, after three months. It was conducted on the grounds of the Dublin regulations when at that time Greece was not abiding by it and actually it was exactly the time when the borders were also opened for Refugee to leave Greece and reach other countries in Europe, yet Sweden decided on my deportation, which was illegal.

I am undocumented now for nearly two years, over 22-months to be exact, and hence what you propose (explore regular immigration opportunities) cannot be executed on my case.

Since I haven't found any protection anywhere yet, thus I still remain in dire and urgent need of protection and of concerns to the United Nations Refugee Agency (UNHCR), but it seems that they don't want to take any responsibilities OR even acknowledge my presence in front of their office (over 34-months now), which is why I am trying to find a solution through other countries such as Canada. Due to the Dublin regulations I cannot ask for Asylum/protection in other EU countries. Which is why I hope to find protection in another continent. I also asked the United States and the Australian government to help. Not much of any progress there either.