+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

A question about SINP from a social worker :)

socialworker35

May 1, 2020
Hi everyone;
I am interested in Saskatchewan PNP "International Skilled Worker: Occupations In-Demand." sub-category.
As you know, we need at least 60 points to apply.
In Factor I (education, work exp., language, age), I am able to obtain 61 points.
In Factor II (adaptability), I have no points to gain. I don't have a relative, a past working exp. and a past student experience in Saskatchewan.
I have already have known that adaptability points are crucial and the applicants that have the highest score are being invited.

My questions are:
1) Should I still apply for the sub-category even if I don't have any adaptability points? Because I meet the minimum points requirement, I have 61 points.
2) I know that a job offer would be wonderful. I am a 13-year-experienced social worker. What is your opinion regarding the chance of getting a job offer?
Thank you all.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi everyone;
I am interested in Saskatchewan PNP "International Skilled Worker: Occupations In-Demand." sub-category.
As you know, we need at least 60 points to apply.
In Factor I (education, work exp., language, age), I am able to obtain 61 points.
In Factor II (adaptability), I have no points to gain. I don't have a relative, a past working exp. and a past student experience in Saskatchewan.
I have already have known that adaptability points are crucial and the applicants that have the highest score are being invited.

My questions are:
1) Should I still apply for the sub-category even if I don't have any adaptability points? Because I meet the minimum points requirement, I have 61 points.
2) I know that a job offer would be wonderful. I am a 13-year-experienced social worker. What is your opinion regarding the chance of getting a job offer?
Thank you all.
1. If you meet minimum you can apply. How many points do you have? You want around 70. You are in a licensed field so need your license through the Saskatchewan Social Work Society
2. Low. Are you licensed?

socialworker35

May 1, 2020
1. If you meet minimum you can apply. How many points do you have? You want around 70. You are in a licensed field so need your license through the Saskatchewan Social Work Society
2. Low. Are you licensed?
thank you.
1) I have 61 points and 60 is the threshold. I thought that I can be registered to Saskatchewan Assc. of Social Workers if I have a chance to settle there. but in this case, I will probably have to be registered before I go.
2) I have not been licensed yet, as I menitoned. In this case, if I register before I go, do you think I will be more likely to get a job offer?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
thank you.
1) I have 61 points and 60 is the threshold. I thought that I can be registered to Saskatchewan Assc. of Social Workers if I have a chance to settle there. but in this case, I will probably have to be registered before I go.
2) I have not been licensed yet, as I menitoned. In this case, if I register before I go, do you think I will be more likely to get a job offer?
You can see the draw scores for your NOC on the SINP site. You probably need over 70. Honestly your chances of a job offer are low without Canadian social work experience. You can look at jobs and see if you are eligible to apply. Some agencies will say you must have work authorization, be a citizen or PR. You need to be licensed if you receive a nomination.

Are you American, if not I believe your degrees and work experience have to be assessed by the Canadian social work association first so you can then register with Saskatchewan.

socialworker35

May 1, 2020
You can see the draw scores for your NOC on the SINP site. You probably need over 70. Honestly your chances of a job offer are low without Canadian social work experience. You can look at jobs and see if you are eligible to apply. Some agencies will say you must have work authorization, be a citizen or PR. You need to be licensed if you receive a nomination.

Are you American, if not I believe your degrees and work experience have to be assessed by the Canadian social work association first so you can then register with Saskatchewan.
I looked at this list previously, I remembered. Yes, you are right, I need around 70 points. according this draw history list, my job is among the in-demand professsions. I guess, I must have been registered with the Saskatchewan Association of Social Workers before receiving the nomination.
My foreign credentials have already been assessed by Canadian Association of Social Workers. As far as I know, this assessment can be useful for the registration with Saskatchewan Assc. of Social Workers; but for immigration purposes, I mean when applying SINP or IRCC, I will probably need an assessment from the designated organizations like WES.
thank you again.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I looked at this list previously, I remembered. Yes, you are right, I need around 70 points. according this draw history list, my job is among the in-demand professsions. I guess, I must have been registered with the Saskatchewan Association of Social Workers before receiving the nomination.
My foreign credentials have already been assessed by Canadian Association of Social Workers. As far as I know, this assessment can be useful for the registration with Saskatchewan Assc. of Social Workers; but for immigration purposes, I mean when applying SINP or IRCC, I will probably need an assessment from the designated organizations like WES.
thank you again.
To apply for SINP or Express Entry, you need ECAs for your degrees and IELTs to submit a profile. Then if nominated, you need to be show that you are registered with SASW. What is the breakdown of your eligibility scores?

socialworker35

May 1, 2020
To apply for SINP or Express Entry, you need ECAs for your degrees and IELTs to submit a profile. Then if nominated, you need to be show that you are registered with SASW. What is the breakdown of your eligibility scores?
I have a Bachelor's degree in Social Work and the degree was assessed by CASW. The result was "equivalent to the Canadian degree". (For immigraiton purposes like Express Entry and PNPs, a designated organization (like WES) assessment is required.
I have a Master's degree in Women's Studies and the degree was assessed by WES. The result was "equivalent to the Canadian degree".
I have a "CLB 7" General Training IELTS score (Nov.-2021).
While applying to SINP (International Skilled Worker sub-categories), being already registered to the Provincial Social Work Society does not earn points. I have 61 points. What earns are, having a relative or past experineces in the province.

https://www.saskatchewan.ca/residents/moving-to-saskatchewan/live-in-saskatchewan/by-immigrating/saskatchewan-immigrant-nominee-program/browse-sinp-programs/applicants-international-skilled-workers/assess-your-eligibility

I wonder why getting a job offer is such a challenging issue... I think I have the qualifications, experience, language requirements and most importantly, the desire to carry out my profession in Canada. Not having a relative in Canada should not be a punishment for us. ın that case, ıt seems to me that getting a job offer is the main way for me or ı should calm down and search the opportunities again.

thank you for your courtesy and interest.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I have a Bachelor's degree in Social Work and the degree was assessed by CASW. The result was "equivalent to the Canadian degree". (For immigraiton purposes like Express Entry and PNPs, a designated organization (like WES) assessment is required.
I have a Master's degree in Women's Studies and the degree was assessed by WES. The result was "equivalent to the Canadian degree".
I have a "CLB 7" General Training IELTS score (Nov.-2021).
While applying to SINP (International Skilled Worker sub-categories), being already registered to the Provincial Social Work Society does not earn points. I have 61 points. What earns are, having a relative or past experineces in the province.

https://www.saskatchewan.ca/residents/moving-to-saskatchewan/live-in-saskatchewan/by-immigrating/saskatchewan-immigrant-nominee-program/browse-sinp-programs/applicants-international-skilled-workers/assess-your-eligibility

I wonder why getting a job offer is such a challenging issue... I think I have the qualifications, experience, language requirements and most importantly, the desire to carry out my profession in Canada. Not having a relative in Canada should not be a punishment for us. ın that case, ıt seems to me that getting a job offer is the main way for me or ı should calm down and search the opportunities again.

thank you for your courtesy and interest.
So do you have Masters equivalency or degree equivalency? A job offer is a challenge because you don't have Canadian social work experience nor any authorization to work in Canada. Also in social work most jobs are with social agencies that may not even be able to hire foreign workers. Also, employers have to show that they can't hire Canadians, PRs or people working in the province. If you are going to search and apply for jobs then look at northern positions in the far north of Saskatchewan or in remote communities, not in cities.