04-03-2016
Nomination.....
03-11-2015
AOR Received.
04-03-2016
Passport Req..
02-09-2016
Hello,

Someone I am helping with their immigration process is trying to go through the SINP PNP program. They are reasonably confident they are eligible, however, there is one specific part of the eligibility criteria that is tripping them up, and I don't seem to have the appropriate answer for it either. I was hoping someone here would be able to help.

SINP's eligibility rubric says that "Your work experience must relate to the job you have put on your application." This is simple enough. However, the International Skilled Worker page adds "Your above work experience must be in the field of your completed post-secondary education or training. Your work experience must be related to your job and education."

This is where we seem to be running into trouble. The person in question is applying with 5 years of work experience relating to the NOC they are using to apply; however, this NOC, and their work experience, don't actually relate to the degree they got. So are they still eligible or not?

For example, if their degree was in English, but they are working in sales now, is their work experience no longer eligible? Can they not apply for SINP?

Any clarification or guidance will be greatly appreciated :)

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
The degree must match the NOC. For example, computer engineering degree, computer engineering NOC. An degree in English is very generic so doen’t know if sales how officials will review it. A sales job would have a business diploma or degree. Assume the NOC is being selected in draws.