+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

A question about public Health insurance in quebec for inland applicants?

Inlandappl

Jul 21, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Med's Done....
LANDED..........
A few questions that could be answered by some of you:

I heard that for people who applied inland in quebec they can get public health insurance( Regie de l assurance maladie) without the usual wait of 90 days after PR. This should apply to all nationalities even if the countries where they are from don't have a reciprocal agreement with the quebec government

I heard that the only things to present are:

CSQ (quebec selections certificate)
and a letter confirming that the application is processed in Canada

My questions are:

do you apply for the health insurance card after you got CSQ? Did you have to wait for AIP or the CSQ and the letter was sufficient? the letter confirming that the application is processed inland refers to the letter that we receive to go on with MICC or is another one?(or AIP?)
I'm a bit confused. i ask these questions because pretty soon i should receive CSQ and i would love to apply for health insurance right away. Thanks for your help!

QCSunshine

Aug 25, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I don't have the answer, because I applied outland, but I have called the RAMQ and once went in person to ask them questions and they were very helpful. (I spoke with them in French, but have a friend who dealt with them in English and successfully got coverage while here on a work permit.)

Here is the contact information for them, if no one on here replies with an answer:
http://www.ramq.gouv.qc.ca/en/courrier/index.shtml

Inlandappl

Jul 21, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Med's Done....
LANDED..........
QCSunshine said:
I don't have the answer, because I applied outland, but I have called the RAMQ and once went in person to ask them questions and they were very helpful. (I spoke with them in French, but have a friend who dealt with them in English and successfully got coverage while here on a work permit.)

Here is the contact information for them, if no one on here replies with an answer:
http://www.ramq.gouv.qc.ca/en/courrier/index.shtml
Thanks QC sunshine for your answer