+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

A passport question?

embo

Apr 11, 2016
Hi guys, finished with the ceremony and became a citizen.

Now my question is about the passport, I have read the website carefully, I don't understand this guarantor and reference part.

So I need to find a guarantor + 2 references that are different from the guarantor?

I do not have a guarantor because nobody i asked i know wants to give their private info. I wouldn't give it either. So I guess i will have to fill out the form PPTC 132. Do i need to take the form to a notary? which documents i need for it?

But how about the reference part? I am little bit confused. I don't know anyone , only my family members which are not accepted.

Can anyone tell me what happens in that case?

Thanks

foodie69

Champion Member
Dec 18, 2015
What about work colleagues, friends? Sure you must know someone after all those years in Canada!

ajithpl

Aug 5, 2010
Surrey, BC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
For guarantor, you can contact a notary public and take whatever docs they wants. You should sign the declaration in front of them.
For reference, you need to get someone - friends or relatives or co-workers. I hope you were not living in an island all these years. ::)

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014

Now my question is about the passport, I have read the website carefully, I don't understand this guarantor and reference part.

So I need to find a guarantor + 2 references that are different from the guarantor?

I do not have a guarantor because nobody i asked i know wants to give their private info. I wouldn't give it either. So I guess i will have to fill out the form PPTC 132. Do i need to take the form to a notary? which documents i need for it?

But how about the reference part? I am little bit confused. I don't know anyone , only my family members which are not accepted.

Thanks
lol are you trolling ? Didn't you just create a thread talking about how your application is stuck in limbo for 16 months and now suddenly you're a citizen ?

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/what-should-i-do-16-months.527713/

Hey everyone,

So I applied for citizenship with my daughter(Who has finished high school in MTL and now in College) after satisfying every requirement, On June,2016. After we got invited to the test on September 2016. We both passed it with good marks, passed the interview and went home.

On March 2017, we received a letter saying they need extra documents. I have sent them and I got another letter at the end of april saying they need other documents. I sent them on May 07,2017 and since then no news. We are now in November 2017. I tried to ask from web contact from twice about my application status and i received automated answers saying my file is sitting at Montreal office.

I have been paying all my taxes, have property, have more than 1 cars and all that. I do not think i deserve this kind of treatment at all like i am some kind of criminal. The most frustrating thing is that there is no where that i can get information, it is my right to get information about my application.

CIC helpline is useless and not helping, so what should i do? How can i get information about whats going on? Should i go to court and sue? I am not sure what to do at this point as both our permanent residence cards are gonna expire in couple months.

Thanks

azazaz

Jul 6, 2011

Thanks
how was the ceremony by the way..what clothes did u wear ? cultural or non cultural...lol

you finished so quickly ceremony in one day and became citizen in just one day after applyiing...:)