+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

*** A MASTER THREAD OF SAKI'S POSTS ***

kkhan870

Nov 21, 2008
Hi Saki

I have submitted my full documents in Jan 2011 to london VO, I claimed 25 points for my degrees, now the problem is that I only sent my Master's transcripts but forgot to sent my Bachelor's transcripts, I tried to send them later on but some of the people in this forum said that wait till they ask for additional documents request because they will not entertain any of these documents at this stage.
Now recently one person was denied because of the reason that they figured out the number of years of education from the transcripts and that person sent the Master's degree but didnt send the transcripts.
Now what do you suggest for me at this stage if you were in my shoes.
Thank you and waiting for reply

Rup82

Jan 18, 2012
Dear Saki

I have some questions. Please help me by answering them. I, with my wife and daughter got PR visa back on 31st January. Now I am planing to land in Canada on 27 March. But I have faced some problems regarding the money I have to take with me. I am form Nepal and there is no internationally recognized Bank except Standard Chartered. But amazingly Standard Chartered denied to issue the traveler's cheque in Canadian Dollar. They asked me to take either in US Dollar or to make a Demand Draft. Now,

1. Can I take my POF in US currency except in Canadian?
2. Banker's Draft (Demand Draft) in Canadian currency will be okay or not?
3. How much CND can I carry in cash?
4.According to the official website www.cic.gc.ca , I have to carry CND17011 (for 3 family members including me). Is it mandatory or can I take quite a little than that?

Please help.
Thanks in advance.

Rup82
Nepal

Sharp2000

Star Member
Nov 26, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
ND
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 2010
Doc's Request.
March 2010
AOR Received.
May 2010
IELTS Request
sent with complete documents
File Transfer...
March 2010
Med's Request
11/05/2012
Med's Done....
11/06/2012
Interview........
22/03/2012
Passport Req..
11/05/2012
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
waiting..........
Hi saki

I am going for interview next week. In interview letter VO has not asked updated forms to bring. Should i take updated forms?? They have just listed forms and other documents in general in standard interview letter..not speifically mentined . Pls advise me

abiolatitus

Mar 4, 2012
hi saki,i have read many thread on canada application and many of them are actually confusing. I am about starting my application. Can u pls tell me how to start this process that i am really interested in.

thanks in anticipation

saki

VIP Member
Apr 7, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kkhan870 said:
Hi Saki

I have submitted my full documents in Jan 2011 to london VO, I claimed 25 points for my degrees, now the problem is that I only sent my Master's transcripts but forgot to sent my Bachelor's transcripts, I tried to send them later on but some of the people in this forum said that wait till they ask for additional documents request because they will not entertain any of these documents at this stage.
Now recently one person was denied because of the reason that they figured out the number of years of education from the transcripts and that person sent the Master's degree but didnt send the transcripts.
Now what do you suggest for me at this stage if you were in my shoes.
Thank you and waiting for reply
Hi

If i were you i would send the transcripts straightaway as its better to be on safe side rather than taking a risk and there is no harm in sending transcripts any way.

Cheers
Saki

saki

VIP Member
Apr 7, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Rup82 said:
Dear Saki

I have some questions. Please help me by answering them. I, with my wife and daughter got PR visa back on 31st January. Now I am planing to land in Canada on 27 March. But I have faced some problems regarding the money I have to take with me. I am form Nepal and there is no internationally recognized Bank except Standard Chartered. But amazingly Standard Chartered denied to issue the traveler's cheque in Canadian Dollar. They asked me to take either in US Dollar or to make a Demand Draft. Now,

1. Can I take my POF in US currency except in Canadian?
yes you can as long as they are equivalent to the CAD you are required to take with you.

2. Banker's Draft (Demand Draft) in Canadian currency will be okay or not?
Its okay but remember bank draft could take a month to get cleared so make sure you have funds in cash to cover your expenses until draft is cleared.

3. How much CND can I carry in cash?
I beleive its $10,000 CAD per person.

4.According to the official website www.cic.gc.ca , I have to carry CND17011 (for 3 family members including me). Is it mandatory or can I take quite a little than that?

Its mandatory as thats the amount you need to get settled in Canada for the first 12 months and at the time of landing they will ask you to show POF and if they find out its less then they can send you back.

Please help.
Thanks in advance.

Rup82
Nepal
See answers above. Its normal for the banks to issue TC in USD because thats the currency which works every where and not many bank issue TC in currency other than US or Pound. So its find to take TC in USD

Cheers
Saki

saki

VIP Member
Apr 7, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sharp2000 said:
Hi saki

I am going for interview next week. In interview letter VO has not asked updated forms to bring. Should i take updated forms?? They have just listed forms and other documents in general in standard interview letter..not speifically mentined . Pls advise me
There is no harm in taking updated forms with you.

Cheers
Saki

saki

VIP Member
Apr 7, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
abiolatitus said:
hi saki,i have read many thread on canada application and many of them are actually confusing. I am about starting my application. Can u pls tell me how to start this process that i am really interested in.

thanks in anticipation
Hi

First you need to find out which NOC you fall into depending on your job experience. And then you need to fill the applications forms from cic website. The forms and checklist is given on the link below

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/skilled.asp

And here is the link to the guide which tells you how to apply step by steo so go through this and you will get a clear picture, if any question just ask.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/EG7TOC.asp

Cheers
Saki

silvershani

May 14, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear All,

this is to inform you that a magic line has been added in my IP "Your application was reviewed and we started processing on march"..

thank you all for encouragement ,..

[size=10pt][size=10pt]What is Next now[/size][/size]

samir_P

Mar 3, 2012
Hi Senior,
Today is the day i cant explain because i got an email from VO for my passport. I enquired on Tuesday on CIC website about my case situation and they replied today and saying that they already send letter to my immigration agent since 8th march 2012 and also send me that latter and photo specification requirement but they asking to fill form appendix 'B' but there is no form with their email so i asked them about that form. So if you know about this pls rpl...

Thanks
Samir 8)

Gussj

Feb 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Samir,
What is your Vo Office? Also how did you contact them via CIC, can you please direct me?
Thanks
GUss

samir_P

Mar 3, 2012
Dear Guss
My VO is Sydney Australia. I gone through cic.gc.ca n search for VO which ever u got after that you can see the details of your VO so click on case specific enquiry then fill the form about your details. Thats a way i enquired then they replied within 36 hours...
Best of luck...

koel

Star Member
Oct 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
new delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hi, i applied in dec.2011 in noc 2121 & my file returned back due to cap reached i just want to know whether in coming new noc list my noc 2121 will be there or not. plz reply me ...
with regards ,
koel