+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

A LOT OF THX! Question about "offer of employment", "letter of employment" and "employment records"

SophiaLuo

Nov 27, 2019
Well I meet the problem after I got the ITA.
There are "offer of employment", "letter of employment" and "employment records" in my doc checklist and I totally don't know what's differences of them.

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/employment-records-vs-letter-of-employment-1-company.554656/

I searched some threads in this forum and MANY, MANY THX to the answer that I can change "have a job offer" to NO.

After I did that, "offer of employment", "letter of employment" both disappeared in the doc checklist and I didn't lose any crs scores for this.

But I am still worried, cuz this is different from what I filled in my pre-ITA profile. Will this cause any problems? Are there some people doing the same change and got AOR smoothly? Or do I need to attach an additional letter to explain this situation?

Thank you so much for your precious time!!! And I hope this question could also help others in the future!

krio1

Dec 16, 2019
Exactly same problem. Maybe I should call cic on Monday. Pre-ITA and after ITA score assessment has not changed as no point claimed since no LMIA was issued. Just curious if that's ok to just say "no". Otherwise have to beg employer to write a few letters...

Also I have a question about a proof of funds as some people say CEC doesnt need to provide a proof.

Anyone please advise

Reactions: SophiaLuo

SophiaLuo

Nov 27, 2019
Exactly same problem. Maybe I should call cic on Monday. Pre-ITA and after ITA score assessment has not changed as no point claimed since no LMIA was issued. Just curious if that's ok to just say "no". Otherwise have to beg employer to write a few letters...

Also I have a question about a proof of funds as some people say CEC doesnt need to provide a proof.

Anyone please advise
Thx for your reply, let's keep in touch!

krio1

Dec 16, 2019
So I called Cic agent today over the phone. After he asked someone, he said that technically application account is frozen, but if we change information there and see no point difference, we can proceed with explanation letter of why we change it... It is very important to include explanation letter. So this is what we will do. Agent also confirmed that no proof of funds needed under CEC, however we have to mention that in explanation letter as well.

SophiaLuo

Nov 27, 2019
So I called Cic agent today over the phone. After he asked someone, he said that technically application account is frozen, but if we change information there and see no point difference, we can proceed with explanation letter of why we change it... It is very important to include explanation letter. So this is what we will do. Agent also confirmed that no proof of funds needed under CEC, however we have to mention that in explanation letter as well.
thank you sooooo much!