+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Employment Records VS Letter of Employment (1 company)

TedNariCloudy

Apr 15, 2018
Hi guys,
Grats to all who got ITAs and also best of luck waiting for future ITA receivers!

Here is my situation
1. Graduated University in Toronto
2. Worked for a single company for 1 year
3. Received ITA, while preparing docs for submission, I see Employment Records VS Letter of Employement
4. Since I have only 1 employment record, these two are pretty much the same

Question
Can I use the same letter from company for two sections?

Employment Records: Letter from Company + Pay Stubs (combined PDF)
Letter of Employment: Letter from Company (combined PDF)

If not, how are those two documents should be differentiated...? To me, it seems like there is no point having a separate letter for each.

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Did you obtain your work experience while working on a PGWP? If so, then you answered incorrectly the first question in the intended work section.

Answer it correctly and the placeholder for offer of employment and letter of employment will disappear.

TedNariCloudy

Apr 15, 2018
@DelPiero07
Thanks for your quick response!
Yes, I got my working experience with PGWP.
Could you help me locating where I answered wrong?

Does XXX have a job offer in Canada?

The offer must:
  • be for full-time and for at least one year
  • meet different requirements depending on type of job (i.e. some need apprenticeships and certification) and
  • be non-seasonal for Federal Skilled Workers.
-> YES

Is this job offer for work that is:
  • full-time
  • continuous and
  • for at least one year?
-> YES

Is this job offer for work that is non-seasonal? (required)
-> YES

Four digit NOC code (required) Help - Four digit NOC code
-> 2173 - Software Engineers

Job title (required) Help - Job title
-> Software Engineer

How many employers made this job offer? (required)
-> 1

Is the employer any of the following (select all that apply):
-> NO

An embassy, consulate or high commission in Canada? (required)
-> NO

An employer on the list of ineligible employers with the Government of Canada? (required)
-> NO

Was a positive Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) issued for the job offer in Canada? (required)
-> NO

Is XXX currently working in Canada? (required)
-> YES

Does XXX have a valid work permit for the current job in Canada? (required)
-> YES

Is XXX's job offer from the employer named on the current work permit? (required)
-> NO

Has XXX been working full-time for the employer on their current work permit for at least one year? (Or for an equal amount of part time work?) (required)
-> YES

Four digit NOC code of current work permit (required)
-> 2173

Was a positive Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) issued for the current work permit? (required)
-> NO

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@DelPiero07
Thanks for your quick response!
Yes, I got my working experience with PGWP.
Could you help me locating where I answered wrong?

Does XXX have a job offer in Canada?

The offer must:
  • meet different requirements depending on type of job (i.e. some need apprenticeships and certification) and
  • be non-seasonal for Federal Skilled Workers.
-> YES

Is this job offer for work that is:
  • full-time
  • continuous and
  • for at least one year?
-> YES

Is this job offer for work that is non-seasonal? (required)
-> YES

Four digit NOC code (required) Help - Four digit NOC code
-> 2173 - Software Engineers

Job title (required) Help - Job title
-> Software Engineer

How many employers made this job offer? (required)
-> 1

Is the employer any of the following (select all that apply):
-> NO

An embassy, consulate or high commission in Canada? (required)
-> NO

An employer on the list of ineligible employers with the Government of Canada? (required)
-> NO

Was a positive Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) issued for the job offer in Canada? (required)
-> NO

Is XXX currently working in Canada? (required)
-> YES

Does XXX have a valid work permit for the current job in Canada? (required)
-> YES

Is XXX's job offer from the employer named on the current work permit? (required)
-> NO

Has XXX been working full-time for the employer on their current work permit for at least one year? (Or for an equal amount of part time work?) (required)
-> YES

Four digit NOC code of current work permit (required)
-> 2173

Was a positive Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) issued for the current work permit? (required)
-> NO
The part in red. Change it to "no" and all other questions will disappear.

TedNariCloudy

Apr 15, 2018
@DelPiero07

Thanks for your suggestion.
Just out of curiosity, which part of the sections make me unqualified to answer yes? I thoght this was like a general question for all.
The offer must:
  • be non-seasonal for Federal Skilled Workers
Thanks again!

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
if you have a valid work permit for a NOC 0, A or B job that is exempt from needing an LMIA, and you:
  • are currently working for an employer specified on the work permit
  • have one year of full-time work experience (or an equal amount of part-time work) for that employer
  • have a valid job offer from that employer for at least one year after we issue your permanent resident visa
Even though your work permit is LMIA exempt and you've been working for your employer for a year, it is not and employer specific work permit. So you do not meet the requirement of "currently working for an employer specified on the work permit"

TedNariCloudy

Apr 15, 2018
if you have a valid work permit for a NOC 0, A or B job that is exempt from needing an LMIA, and you:
  • are currently working for an employer specified on the work permit
  • have one year of full-time work experience (or an equal amount of part-time work) for that employer
  • have a valid job offer from that employer for at least one year after we issue your permanent resident visa
Even though your work permit is LMIA exempt and you've been working for your employer for a year, it is not and employer specific work permit. So you do not meet the requirement of "currently working for an employer specified on the work permit"
Ah, I see that makes sense. After answering no, second category removed.
You literally saved me from providing false information and possibly getting rejected...
I truly appreciate your help/explanation!

Thaks a lot @DelPiero07 !!!!!

Aug 2, 2018
Hi @TedNariCloudy , thank you for asking this question and @DelPiero07 for answering...

I am in the same boat where i selected yes for job offer and am planning on changing it to No after receiving the ITA...did you end up getting your PR, or was there any issue with the change you submitted? Thanks mate

kaur1172

Star Member
Jun 8, 2016
Hi Folks,

I worked in a company as a Supervisor first and then promoted to manager position. I am about to submit application for Permanent residency. For that, I received letter of employment from the company. Should I use the same letter as Employment Record for "Supervisor and "Manager" work experience.

cookiesand

Jan 19, 2019
Hi @TedNariCloudy , thank you for asking this question and @DelPiero07 for answering...

I am in the same boat where i selected yes for job offer and am planning on changing it to No after receiving the ITA...did you end up getting your PR, or was there any issue with the change you submitted? Thanks mate
Hey Guys,
Now I am in the same situation. I had put it as YES and now got ITA. So wondering, if it's okay to change it to NO now after ITA.

waipm2000

Star Member
Sep 10, 2017
The part in red. Change it to "no" and all other questions will disappear.
if we changed to No then we will not have 50 points for the job offer. and we are out of the round. I have the empolyer name on the work permit. if i say No to that question. it is not giving the points for the job offer. any suggestions.

cookiesand

Jan 19, 2019
if we changed to No then we will not have 50 points for the job offer. and we are out of the round. I have the empolyer name on the work permit. if i say No to that question. it is not giving the points for the job offer. any suggestions.
This is the case for someone on PGWP ( open work permit).

karki

Feb 11, 2016
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Winnepig
NOC Code......
4012 and 6311
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
08-02-2019
Guys , what if i am working in open work permit , but has valid PR supported job offer with positive LMIA.
I do get both records of employment and letter of employment in express entry profile . What should I upload
Please advise.

Thanks