+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

A Little Complicated..PLEASE HELP

oliviarene

Star Member
Aug 11, 2012
And if my boyfriend drives me I hope that will not cause issues either. I will be living with him as well so we weren't sure if this was something we needed to mention and if it would just be a better idea if I just went by myself..

oliviarene

Star Member
Aug 11, 2012
Also, do I need to have bank statements with me? I have had problems with that at the border as well. I haven't tried to enter Canada for about 9 months now (waiting until I have a WP so that I am doing everything properly) and when I did enter the previous times, they always wanted to see how much money I had so that they knew I was able to support myself while there. I don't make a lot of money due to the fact that all of the jobs I am able to get here are minimum wage and part time..this being one of the main reasons I want to work in Canada. Will I need to justify that I am making money or will that not be an issue since I will be going to Canada to work legally.

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
oliviarene said:
Also, do I need to have bank statements with me? I have had problems with that at the border as well. I haven't tried to enter Canada for about 9 months now (waiting until I have a WP so that I am doing everything properly) and when I did enter the previous times, they always wanted to see how much money I had so that they knew I was able to support myself while there. I don't make a lot of money due to the fact that all of the jobs I am able to get here are minimum wage and part time..this being one of the main reasons I want to work in Canada. Will I need to justify that I am making money or will that not be an issue since I will be going to Canada to work legally.
Generally they don't need to see your proof of funds when you have employment, precisely because employment indicates you'll be earning your own keep. But by all means take along anything you can so if they do ask you can show them what you do have.

oliviarene

Star Member
Aug 11, 2012
Alright. And with my boyfriend driving me..should I just go alone? I will also be living with him. Do they need to know that? I did notice that there wasn't anywhere in my papers that I need to mention where I will be living. Why is that?

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
oliviarene said:
Alright. And with my boyfriend driving me..should I just go alone? I will also be living with him. Do they need to know that? I did notice that there wasn't anywhere in my papers that I need to mention where I will be living. Why is that?
I don't think it matters, but I don't really know, having never seen anyone discuss this point (it's why I didn't answer last time you asked - I really don't have any valid data other than my own rather worthless random personal opinion). He could be your boyfriend, your cousin, a random friend, and it just shouldn't matter to CBSA.

Where you'll live in Canada shouldn't matter, so I can see why they wouldn't ask...

oliviarene

Star Member
Aug 11, 2012
I was curious as to why they wouldn't ask but I can see where it wouldn't matter to them as well. Have you read of anything where someone has had a passport flagged and what they can do to justify their case? I have tried to look around to see if there was anything similar to my situation but haven't had much luck. I know in my heart that I have not done anything wrong and that I was falsely accused of working in Canada when all I had told a border agent was that I had applied for a visa with a company that had got denied. He put in my file that I was working there. I even tried to get the agents to call the company to prove that I in fact did not work there. Sorry for all of the repeat questions and information. I am just trying to get all of my facts straight so that I am able to correctly justify my situation and me wanting to work in Canada.

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
CBSA has an appeal/review process, you could challenge the reg flag on your file.

http://cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/recourse-recours/menu-eng.html

oliviarene

Star Member
Aug 11, 2012
That could potentially be helpful..but I feel that it may not help my situation at the moment if I want to have good ties at the border to have a visa go through ha ha