+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

A Little Complicated..PLEASE HELP

oliviarene

Star Member
Aug 11, 2012
I always feel like I am ready to go but the more I read into things, the more nervous I get.

The employer who is hiring me for a live-out nanny position is in the process of getting the LMO..we are going through an agency who helps with them and we are almost certain that we will have the positive LMO..

Once the LMO has gone through and I send in my paperwork for my end, would there be any reason that I for some reason am not able to get the work visa now?

Does everyone usually have to have a meeting after their visa application has been reviewed or are those rare occasions? I am from the United States so I don't know if that is different than being from somewhere else.

I am also concerned with a glitch in my own personal experiences..I have a boyfriend and a sister who live in the town that I am applying to work in. Where I live is decently close to them so I have visited often. Some of the last times that I have been there, I have had problems are the border. They gave me a visitor visa and I was only able to be there for a brief period of time and had to be back by the required day or I was never able to return. I have also had days where they did not allow me to enter as they thought that I would overstay..the last time that I had problems was about 5 months ago and I haven't tried to go back since. The border officers said that I should try to work on getting the work visa and that it will be better for me in the long run if I have that. With that being said, will I still be okay? I have just been worried that I will be doing the wrong thing and that all of my efforts and the efforts of my employer will all just be for nothing. I really want all of this to work and have been doing everything I can to make sure that I am getting all of my facts straight.

Thank you to anyone who replies and I hope that maybe I am just looking too much into things and am getting myself down for no reason

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
oliviarene said:
I always feel like I am ready to go but the more I read into things, the more nervous I get.

The employer who is hiring me for a live-out nanny position is in the process of getting the LMO..we are going through an agency who helps with them and we are almost certain that we will have the positive LMO..

Once the LMO has gone through and I send in my paperwork for my end, would there be any reason that I for some reason am not able to get the work visa now?
Not likely, but there is always some potential for issues to arise, even if it's on the order of winning the big prize at the lottery.

oliviarene said:
Does everyone usually have to have a meeting after their visa application has been reviewed or are those rare occasions? I am from the United States so I don't know if that is different than being from somewhere else.
It's unusual, but they could ask to interview you.

oliviarene said:
I am also concerned with a glitch in my own personal experiences..I have a boyfriend and a sister who live in the town that I am applying to work in. Where I live is decently close to them so I have visited often. Some of the last times that I have been there, I have had problems are the border. They gave me a visitor visa and I was only able to be there for a brief period of time and had to be back by the required day or I was never able to return. I have also had days where they did not allow me to enter as they thought that I would overstay..the last time that I had problems was about 5 months ago and I haven't tried to go back since. The border officers said that I should try to work on getting the work visa and that it will be better for me in the long run if I have that. With that being said, will I still be okay? I have just been worried that I will be doing the wrong thing and that all of my efforts and the efforts of my employer will all just be for nothing. I really want all of this to work and have been doing everything I can to make sure that I am getting all of my facts straight.
With a work permit, you'll be fine.

oliviarene said:
Thank you to anyone who replies and I hope that maybe I am just looking too much into things and am getting myself down for no reason
It is VERY easy to overthink the process. This is really mostly about getting the paperwork right, especially for US citizens - there's a massive open border between the two countries and we squabble with one another like a pair of siblings, but in general we get along.

oliviarene

Star Member
Aug 11, 2012
So just as long as I have all of my papers complete and ready to go I shouldn't have any problems?

I believe you answered my questions on getting the visa processed at the port of entry as well.

Thank you so so much for all of your answers! You have been a huge help!

Is there anything else that you think I may need to know? You have honestly been a breath of fresh air! I have been stressing so much! Thank you!

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
My advice is to relax. This is routine for CBSA officers and as long as your paperwork is in order, you'll be fine.

oliviarene

Star Member
Aug 11, 2012
and I use the same set of papers as I would if I were to send them in, correct?

This would be the application....
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/work.asp

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
That is the POE form set yes and you want to use those forms - ideally, fill them out IN ADVANCE. That is NOT the inland application set.

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
oliviarene said:
What would the inland set be? Do I need to fill those out as well?
No, you'd only fill out the inland set if you were sending the application to Vegreville.

oliviarene

Star Member
Aug 11, 2012
Ok yep, sorry!

so I just need paperwork, passport, lmo, application fee, pictures and everything should (hopefully) be good to go at POE?? :)

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
oliviarene said:
so I just need paperwork, passport, lmo, application fee, pictures and everything should (hopefully) be good to go at POE?? :)
Exactly. I've found that it takes about 20-30 min to complete the paperwork.

wsongco

Nov 7, 2010
montreal
Visa Office......
CPC VERGREVILLE
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-11-2010
Interview........
24-04-2013 CAQ
LANDED..........
29-08-2013
check also if you need medical beacuse your working as a nanny with direct contact with the kids or call the embassy near you to be sure.

oliviarene

Star Member
Aug 11, 2012
Well I an back again with some worries. I have been reading around on here and have seen a few people that have been refused for the work permit even after they had a positive LMO. One I read recently was told that they were denied because the officer didn't think the person would return home after their visa was done and because they were over qualified for the job they had applied for.

I know that my situation is not the same but I still have had some trouble with port of entries and am worrying. How can I prove to them that I am doing everything right? I am sad because the reason I have had so much trouble at the border is because one of the agents wrote false information in my file. I know this for a fact because I have seen my file when a different, very kind border agent showed me my file and the information that I was falsely accused of. I am trying to do everything right and just and have been working so hard for all of this to happen and I am trying to get as much information that I can so that I can help my own case.

Thank you to any replies and I am so sorry for all of my worrying. I am just trying to sort everything out for my own sanity.

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
oliviarene said:
Well I an back again with some worries. I have been reading around on here and have seen a few people that have been refused for the work permit even after they had a positive LMO. One I read recently was told that they were denied because the officer didn't think the person would return home after their visa was done and because they were over qualified for the job they had applied for.

I know that my situation is not the same but I still have had some trouble with port of entries and am worrying. How can I prove to them that I am doing everything right? I am sad because the reason I have had so much trouble at the border is because one of the agents wrote false information in my file. I know this for a fact because I have seen my file when a different, very kind border agent showed me my file and the information that I was falsely accused of. I am trying to do everything right and just and have been working so hard for all of this to happen and I am trying to get as much information that I can so that I can help my own case.

Thank you to any replies and I am so sorry for all of my worrying. I am just trying to sort everything out for my own sanity.
In the end, the only way to find out is to actually apply. There's always a risk of rejection, but the better prepared you are, the less likely it is to occur.