+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

A huge mistake during the citizenship test

RahulBatra

Aug 25, 2020
Hello

I am posting this for a friend. The couple got the citizenship test invitation and they planned to take it one by one.
The wife took the exam and passed with 20/20 and then the husband started, by mistake opened the same link as the wife and gave the test on the same using her details and also got 20/20.
The husband used details of his wife (UCI etc) since he was copying from his wife's PDF but used his Driver's license thinking he was taking his exam.
I know it is a stupid and grave mistake but truly an honest one. He didn't realise he was using her details.

They realised the mistake soon after the test results were sent to the wife's email ID.
Is there anybody who knows what will happen now? Should they reach the IRCC for support and help? should they plan to go there in person or call them?

Please help with the genuine answers, please don't troll the post.
Thanks

Miss bee

VIP Member
Mar 24, 2020
Hello

I am posting this for a friend. The couple got the citizenship test invitation and they planned to take it one by one.
The wife took the exam and passed with 20/20 and then the husband started, by mistake opened the same link as the wife and gave the test on the same using her details and also got 20/20.
The husband used details of his wife (UCI etc) since he was copying from his wife's PDF but used his Driver's license thinking he was taking his exam.
I know it is a stupid and grave mistake but truly an honest one. He didn't realise he was using her details.

They realised the mistake soon after the test results were sent to the wife's email ID.
Is there anybody who knows what will happen now? Should they reach the IRCC for support and help? should they plan to go there in person or call them?

Thanks
You should email on the test email link and also there is link in PDF email and explain the situation. I think that test will be invalidated and she have to go through interview and do exam again in-front of officer however not sure .

Reactions: desmat

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Hello

Thanks
Husband should give his test using proper link and wait for wife result to be validated. Hopefully her first test result would be used and second would be discarded as a genuine mistake.

RahulBatra

Aug 25, 2020
husband has given the test on his link and got 19/20 and passed.
do you think filling a webform will be helpful?

I mean if they go and admit that they made a genuine mistake.

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
husband has given the test on his link and got 19/20 and passed.
do you think filling a webform will be helpful?

I mean if they go and admit that they made a genuine mistake.
All this is such a slow process that you will get test response faster then that. There is a experience shared in the forum where the person gave the test twice. First time passed, second time failed. But IRCC used his first result and marked his test activity as completed. I feel the same will happen with your friends wife as they have proof of who gave the first test.

Your friends should wait for official response from IRCC.

RahulBatra

Aug 25, 2020
in your opinion, will waiting be taken as a sign of causing foul play?
What if they go and tell everything on their own (via webform or call them), would they see this as a sign of genuineness?

Krystine

Dec 12, 2016
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
17-05-2018
Med's Done....
23-04-2018
Passport Req..
27-09-2018
VISA ISSUED...
12-10-2018
LANDED..........
14-10-2018
They have filled the webform, any idea how much time does it take to get the case number?
If they have sent the webform via CIC website, they will be given the genetic message in a couple of days (earliest) indicating that the enquiry you submitted has been added to your file and something like that. In my case, it took 3 days to receive the email. But each case can be different.