+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

A few questions on what is needed

moorhs

Oct 16, 2013
Hey, I'm 25, Australian resident who entered Canada about one month ago. I was only visiting, but now looking to apply for a work permit.

1. I have all my documents ready to send for my application. I am sending all my documents to the visa office in Sydney, I got told if I was accepted, then I would be sent a Letter of Port Entry letter via email, which I take to the border and as I re-enter Canada, ask for my work permit to be printed off there?

2. I was wondering if this is correct? Or if there is another step I have missed?

3. I have been told to send my original copy of my National Police Check Certificate, I wont have that when I re-enter Canada, Is a photocopy enough to satisfy immigration officers or will they have follow up questions? As I have been arrested, but my certificate shows no convictions, as a bond was given without conviction.

4. Will they ask for a medical certificate defiantly? Can I use one from Australia and how recent does it need to be?

5. With the minimum of $2500 Canadian currency, is that a very bare minimum? Will they look at say $2800 and deny it due to it being so close to the minimum level?

I have been in Canada about one month, and now in a relationship with a resident. When I exit and re-enter Canada, is there anything else I should be concerned of? I have travel Insurance as well.

Thank you for any help.