+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

A easy question---or maybe not

zhaotianwu

Nov 20, 2010
In the application I will have to provide my currently employer's official website. In my case (a mining company), only the parent company which is US based has a prominent company website. However I am actually hired by local company in Yukon and doesn't have an official website for our group. Do I need to provide the parent company's website (which is totally irrelevant to my employment) or can I just leave it blank or state that my direct employ doesn't have a website? Will this matter?
I hope my application wouldn't be returned just for such a silly problem. Does anybody face the similar problem before? Thanks.

haral

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
just mention it in your cover letter. that ll do...they cant reject on this..........

zhaotianwu said:
In the application I will have to provide my currently employer's official website. In my case (a mining company), only the parent company which is US based has a prominent company website. However I am actually hired by local company in Yukon and doesn't have an official website for our group. Do I need to provide the parent company's website (which is totally irrelevant to my employment) or can I just leave it blank or state that my direct employ doesn't have a website? Will this matter?
I hope my application wouldn't be returned just for such a silly problem. Does anybody face the similar problem before? Thanks.

Kcsider

Jan 27, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Dec 2012
haral said:
just mention it in your cover letter. that ll do...they cant reject on this..........
Agreed ........ Just mention it! You can also attach you business card to further support your case. Good Luck!

zhaotianwu

Nov 20, 2010
haral said:

A cover letter? What is it? It is not in the checklist though, what should I put into cover letter? Should it be the same that I applied for my current job? Or should I write a new one addressed to visa officer instead of my employer? Please give me some tips here, many thanks.

ankit_20

VIP Member
Dec 7, 2009
India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
A cover letter is preface to your application and is a norm in Canada.
Always write a cover letter explaining yourapplication details and things like that you have mentioned your client website address in form and not your parent company address

Cover lettter is Addressed to VO and has nothing to do with cover letter that you used while applying for your last job

Sample letter would be
You address
Contact Details ( Ph and e-mail)

Dear VO

I am applying for the Canada PR under NOC. I have attached all docs as per requirements in check list. I do not have a valid webside addr for my employer but have one for client etc..... Blah . Blah

Thanks for your kind consideration

Best Regards
Your name