+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

a day trip to Seattle to flagpole. Any heads up ?

seung2613

Mar 18, 2017
Hi. I'm planning to visit Seattle for one day for shopping and flagpole on the way back for co-op work permit(I'm a student).
we're leaving at late friday night with my bf's family(they're all canadian citizen) and coming back on saturday.
Can i just say i'm visiting the us for the shopping and sight seeing ? I don't have to mention about flagpoling right?
How is the process look like on the border coming back to canada? Is the line up different? Should I park first?I'm worried because if my bf's family have to wait long time at the border because of me.
I heard the visa processing itself takes less than 10 mins but the lineups might be long at the border.
THanks everyone.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi. I'm planning to visit Seattle for one day for shopping and flagpole on the way back for co-op work permit(I'm a student).
we're leaving at late friday night with my bf's family(they're all canadian citizen) and coming back on saturday.
Can i just say i'm visiting the us for the shopping and sight seeing ? I don't have to mention about flagpoling right?
How is the process look like on the border coming back to canada? Is the line up different? Should I park first?I'm worried because if my bf's family have to wait long time at the border because of me.
I heard the visa processing itself takes less than 10 mins but the lineups might be long at the border.
THanks everyone.
I assume you have a valid US visa?

To answer your question, yes - you will certainly have to park and enter the building to obtain the visa. How long you have to wait is impossible to say since this will depend on how busy the border is and how many people are in queue ahead of you. This could be anywhere from 10 minutes to well over an hour.

seung2613

Mar 18, 2017
I assume you have a valid US visa?

To answer your question, yes - you will certainly have to park and enter the building to obtain the visa. How long you have to wait is impossible to say since this will depend on how busy the border is and how many people are in queue ahead of you. This could be anywhere from 10 minutes to well over an hour.
Yup, i have a B1 visitor visa and i'm from visa exempted country(south korea)
So, about the line up.....
will the canadian officer will guide us to the visa office building when entering back Canada?
I'll assume we just remain in the same line ups as other people until the officer guide us. is that correct?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Yup, i have a B1 visitor visa and i'm from visa exempted country(south korea)
So, about the line up.....
will the canadian officer will guide us to the visa office building when entering back Canada?
I'll assume we just remain in the same line ups as other people until the officer guide us. is that correct?
There's really only one building. You'll still drive up to the border as usual. The officer you speak to will then direct you to park and go into the building.

Yes - then you line up with everyone else who is there for all sorts of other reasons until it is your turn in line. Place might be empty - or you may be waiting a long time. Really impossible to guess.