+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

9th draw is over, 755 points needed 1361 invitations

Lammawitch

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ayamach said:
ok I shouldn't have used the word "target"...

but what's the approximate size then? somewhere around 25,000 or around 150,000? That's a huge difference, and it changes everything!!
Dan_and has covered this extensively:
dan_and said:
The target for EE candidates is nowhere near 260-285k. Immigration targets are also vastly different from ITAs.

Please read this post: http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/really-want-to-understand-immigration-targets-read-this-t279551.0.html

BalaJi-2015

May 23, 2015
Hi guys,
I think Canada doesn't want anybody who really contributes or going to contribute to their economy as their draws and waiting time clearly shows that. If we just sit here wait for what is going to be their next step am pretty sure that we are going to lose our IELTS score which expires after 2 years, lose points for our age, time, money, etc., So my point is most of us have potential to contribute to any economy in this developed world. Australia has more transparent immigration system than Canada does so let's start focusing on that. They accept three years of IELTS and the 60 points is enough to enter without a state sponsorship. Need 55 points with state sponsorship. No draws like this, once you are eligible you are all set and it's a straight 6 months clean process. We are worthful guys. Stay positive and take the next step. All The Best.

TRUENORTH_4M_C2C

Star Member
May 7, 2015
Ottawa
BalaJi-2015 said:
Hi guys,
I think Canada doesn't want anybody who really contributes or going to contribute to their economy as their draws and waiting time clearly shows that. If we just sit here wait for what is going to be their next step am pretty sure that we are going to lose our IELTS score which expires after 2 years, lose points for our age, time, money, etc., So my point is most of us have potential to contribute to any economy in this developed world. Australia has more transparent immigration system than Canada does so let's start focusing on that. They accept three years of IELTS and the 60 points is enough to enter without a state sponsorship. Need 55 points with state sponsorship. No draws like this, once you are eligible you are all set and it's a straight 6 months clean process. We are worthful guys. Stay positive and take the next step. All The Best.
To migrate ..is one thing. To migrate to the place you want..is another.

Many here been harbouring this Canada dream for a long time my friend. If anyone wanted AUSTARLIA, they wouldn't be wasting their time here on the first place.

ayamach

Star Member
Apr 11, 2015
Lammawitch said:
Dan_and has covered this extensively:

Thank you, that's perfect

So If we follow that logic, on a yearly basis (not 2015, but H2-2015/H1-2016) there should be about 35K principal applicants under 600 points (and more or less 75K with dependants)

The last draw was +600 only (PNPs and LMIAs) so it's not taken into account in the 35K

Lammawitch

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ayamach said:

So If we follow that logic, on a yearly basis (not 2015, but H2-2015/H1-2016) there should be about 35K principal applicants under 600 points (and more or less 75K with dependants)

The last draw was +600 only (PNPs and LMIAs) so it's not taken into account in the 35K
You're welcome :)

I'm afraid I'm not following your logic, unfortunately :(. Why are you excluding LMIA holders?

ayamach

Star Member
Apr 11, 2015
ayamach said:

And so far, since january, less that 4000 applicants under 600 points have been invited!
which should leave a good 30k invitations to send to principal CEC/FSW/FST applicants till december :)

ayamach

Star Member
Apr 11, 2015
Lammawitch said:
You're welcome :)

I'm afraid I'm not following your logic, unfortunately :(. Why are you excluding LMIA holders?
Dan'and wrote this:

"The table contains all immigration categories, but only the economic immigration categories are administered by the Express Entry system. Those are:
FSW: 47k-51k
CEC: 21-23k
An unknown, but probably small share of PNP: 46-48k

I'm assuming that most people here are either applying under FSW or CEC, so that leaves 68k-74k for 2015"

I think the number of LMIAs are included in another share
So that makes FSW/FST/CEC = 68-74k
PNP = probably 46-48k
LMIA = I don't know
AND THE TOTAL IS THE TARGET NUMBER OF ADMISSIONS THROUGH EE

But that doesn't change the number of admissions through FSW/FST/CEC :)

(but these are just approximations, we should be careful)

murukku

Mar 13, 2015
If CIC wants to select candidates above 450 points then why are they accepting candidates below 450 points into the pool.....

Wasting our money by paying to ECA agencies,IELTS/CLB & PCC.

aaakris

Nov 30, 2014
Fake LMIA? is it the real hurdle

I think the non-LMIA eligible applicants will get ITA only if the fake LMIA (if there is really one) is exposed.

It is obvious that 90% of jobs in Canada is on a temporary basis. So how come these many applicants get permanent job offer with LMIA.
CIC should be strict about it. Someone should alert CIC to have a check on the LMIA issued and the employer involved.
Then I hope all the well-educated and well-experienced non-LMIA applicants will get a space.
If someone plans a joint request to CIC for proper checks on all LMIA issued , I am in.
And pls come forward and expose if someone knows with proof about some fake LMIA issued

Rao2015

Star Member
Apr 29, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If next draw is within next week or two, score will surely drop below 600. They should at least have 1000 or so candidates in the pool with 450+. Key thing here is how frequently they draw.

aaakris

Nov 30, 2014
All eligible non-LMIA applicants get a space if only the fake LMIA (if there is really one) is exposed.
Please consider exposing fake LMIAs and alerting CIC to have proper checks on LMIAs issued and the employers involved

Lammawitch

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Re: Fake LMIA? is it the real hurdle

aaakris said:
I think the non-LMIA eligible applicants will get ITA only if the fake LMIA (if there is really one) is exposed.

It is obvious that 90% of jobs in Canada is on a temporary basis. So how come these many applicants get permanent job offer with LMIA.
Do you have a source for this statistic?

CIC should be strict about it. Someone should alert CIC to have a check on the LMIA issued and the employer involved.
Then I hope all the well-educated and well-experienced non-LMIA applicants will get a space.
If someone plans a joint request to CIC for proper checks on all LMIA issued , I am in.
And pls come forward and expose if someone knows with proof about some fake LMIA issued
Erm... Are you aware of what happened in the Temporary Workers' Program last year? And the subsequent intense scrutiny of LMIA applications?

YOUCAN

Star Member
Apr 28, 2015
gss89x said:
1361 invitations, 755 points required

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/mi/index.asp?expand=mi-pr-express#mi-pr-express
Minister of Citizenship and Immigration

Ministerial Instructions respecting invitations to apply for permanent residence under the Express Entry system #9 – May 22, 2015

The Minister of Citizenship and Immigration, pursuant to section 10.3 of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act, gives the annexed Ministerial Instructions Respecting Invitations to Apply for Permanent Residence under the Express Entry System (May 22, 2015).

Ottawa, May 22, 2015

CHRIS ALEXANDER

MINISTERIAL INSTRUCTIONS RESPECTING INVITATIONS TO APPLY FOR PERMANENT RESIDENCE UNDER THE EXPRESS ENTRY SYSTEM (MAY 22, 2015)

Determination — number of invitations

1. (1) For the purposes of paragraph 10.2(1)(b) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act, the number of invitations that may be issued during the period beginning on May 22, 2015 and ending on May 23, 2015 is 1,361.

Required rank

(2) Foreign nationals who, on May 23, 2015 at 00:00:00 UTC, have been assigned a total of 755 points or more under the Comprehensive Ranking System that is set out in the Ministerial Instructions Respecting the Express Entry System, as published in the Canada Gazette, Part I, on December 1, 2014 and as amended from time to time, occupy the rank required to be invited to make an application for permanent residence.
It has became a dream for me hoping to become true on some fine day.

YOUCAN

Star Member
Apr 28, 2015
Kevin_Li said:
Ridiculous! Its been 5 weeks passed away! You should make the EE selection process more clear and reasonable!

CIC is playing politics and disgusting game with our temporary Canadian residents who are contributing to Canadian economy. As an international student as well as the PR applicant via CEC, I am extremely disappointed. As a result, I will convince those potential international friends and students NOT come to Canada for their future. It is worthless.

It is time for us to think plan B. Canada is not the ultimate home although we are able to make truly contribution.
To my experience the old FSW process was good.