+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

9th draw date

Theo123

Star Member
Jan 17, 2015
New2Ca said:
CIC is taking time to prepare for ITA because soon invitations will be based on professions in demand....
this is ridiculous and wishful thinking. where did you get this idea? just because a lot of people like it to be this way doesnt mean that cic are thinking about it. if you have to be speculative about it, at least try to be as real as possible. the post above is the least likely reason that CIC is delaying the ITA's. and i dont even think it has to do with the backlogs either. the most probable and highly logical reason is they want to maintain a score that will not go below 450, but the candidates who are above 450 might not have reached a total of at least 800 yet. that is to me, the most highly likely explanation.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Theo123 said:
this is ridiculous and wishful thinking. where did you get this idea? just because a lot of people like it to be this way doesnt mean that cic are thinking about it. if you have to be speculative about it, at least try to be as real as possible. the post above is the least likely reason that CIC is delaying the ITA's. and i dont even think it has to do with the backlogs either. the most probable and highly logical reason is they want to maintain a score that will not go below 450, but the candidates who are above 450 might not have reached a total of at least 800 yet. that is to me, the most highly likely explanation. not the BS above.
And just because you don't want this to happen doesn't mean CIC is not considering it. Please be polite in whatever you say, this is not your FB wall. Plus, everyone has the right to speculate. It's called "speculation" for a reason. It does not need to be correct. Do you have any solid evidence to the claim you are making? No! So what makes you think your opinion is far better or more logical than the opinion of others here? If you have proof to substantiate your claim that they are waiting because they do not want to go below CRS 450 is true, then you can make a bold claim. Otherwise, your comments are as speculative of anybody else's .

- Raj

Russian

May 14, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Theo123 said:
the most probable and highly logical reason is they want to maintain a score that will not go below 450, but the candidates who are above 450 might not have reached a total of at least 800 yet. that is to me, the most highly likely explanation. not the BS above.
I fully agree with this opinion. the CIC is not interested in inviting the candidates who score less than 450. They are just waiting when it is enough candidates in the pool with high scores, then there will be another draw

Theo123

Star Member
Jan 17, 2015
rajkamalmohanram said:
And just because you don't want this to happen doesn't mean CIC is not considering it. Please be polite in whatever you say, this is not your FB wall. Plus, everyone has the right to speculate. It's called "speculation" for a reason. It does not need to be correct. Do you have any solid evidence to the claim you are making? No! So what makes you think your opinion is far better or more logical than the opinion of others here? If you have proof to substantiate your claim that they are waiting because they do not want to go below CRS 450 is true, then you can make a bold claim. Otherwise, your comments are as speculative of anybody else's .

- Raj
if CIC is going to change their process to that what he was inferring, i am pretty sure that it's not gonna happen anytime soon. like seriously, express entry is still very recent. in fact it is still in the transition phase, what makes you think that they are going to change the process altogether AGAIN? also, i didnt say that i dont like that idea. but if you will have to speculate, at least be realistic about it. or at least stressed out that it is mere speculation in your part. not talk as if this is whats happening inside the CIC headquarters right now. all you do is providing noise in the conversation, rather than contributing EDUCATED guesses.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Theo123 said:
exactly! and if CIC is going to change their process for example 'it would be based on profession', i am pretty sure that it's not gonna happen anytime soon. like seriously, express entry is still very recent. in fact it is still in the transition phase, what makes you think that they are going to change the process altogether AGAIN? also, i didnt say that i dont like that idea. but if you will have to speculate, at least be realistic about it. or at least stressed out that it is mere speculation in their part. not talk as if this is whats happening inside the CIC quarters. all you do is contributing noise in the conversation, rather than providing EDUCATED guess.
And what are you doing now? Hypocrite!

You still haven't answered my question! How do you think yours is an educated guess and the guesses of other people are not? Can you explain?

A guess is a guess and pure speculation. Yours is not superior or 'EDUCATED' just because you say it. Just remember that!

Theo123

Star Member
Jan 17, 2015
rajkamalmohanram said:
And what are you doing now? Hypocrite!

You still haven't answered my question! How do you think yours is an educated guess and the guesses of other people are not? Can you explain?

A guess is a guess and pure speculation. Yours is not superior just because you say it. Just remember that!
i have edited my post above to address it to you and answer your question. stop promoting ignorance and gossip on this thread. what is wrong with people like you? speculation and rumors are 2 different things. google it.

Anya654

May 13, 2015
United Kingdom
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Theo123 said:
this is ridiculous and wishful thinking. where did you get this idea? just because a lot of people like it to be this way doesnt mean that cic are thinking about it. if you have to be speculative about it, at least try to be as real as possible. the post above is the least likely reason that CIC is delaying the ITA's. and i dont even think it has to do with the backlogs either. the most probable and highly logical reason is they want to maintain a score that will not go below 450, but the candidates who are above 450 might not have reached a total of at least 800 yet. that is to me, the most highly likely explanation. not the BS above.
I can't see any difference between what you posted and what the OP posted. How do you know the OP's post is not the reason and yours is? The fact is that no one knows why there has been a delay with the draws except CIC and I believe people are entitled to their own opinions. Stop taking things personal.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Anya654 said:
I can't see any difference between what you posted and what the OP posted. How do you know the OP's post is not the reason and yours is? The fact is that no one knows why there has been a delay with the draws except CIC and I believe people are entitled to their own opinions. Stop taking things personal.
Exactly!

Theo123

Star Member
Jan 17, 2015
Anya654 said:
i think i've already answered that question. scroll up. there is no way that they will change any process anytime soon given the fact that the process of express entry just started last january and is still under the transition phase. unless of course, CIC wanted headaches for themselves, then that would be plausible.

nabamb

May 8, 2015
What I think is, CIC is upgrading system, You can see there is already heavy load. They would require 1-3 week for this.

emaanabbas

Mar 31, 2014
I think it would make more sense if they announce the next "draw date" rather leaving it as surprise and leave people hanging on Fridays.

The_Distant_One

Star Member
Feb 13, 2015
Theo123 said:
i think i've already answered that question. scroll up. there is no way that they will change any process anytime soon given the fact that the process of express entry just started last january and is still under the transition phase. unless of course, CIC wanted headaches for themselves, then that would be plausible.
I think that NOC specific draws are very likely in the near future. Te government doesnt want any trouble before an election and they will want to be able to say that immigration is only to fill skill gaps. The only realy way to do this is through NOC specific draws.

All it will take is one reporter to do an official i formation act request and it will start to happen.

Its no change for CIC because the laws have always said that it is at the ministers instructions. So it could be anything he might only request those with IELTS over 9 we just dont know. But no headache for CIC this new system would have been designed for multiple scenarios and there will be analysts bangig away at numbers every day. all it takes is for a flick of a switch.

To be honest im surprised its taken this long.

tszanon

Mar 31, 2015
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-01-2015
The_Distant_One said:
I think that NOC specific draws are very likely in the near future. Te government doesnt want any trouble before an election and they will want to be able to say that immigration is only to fill skill gaps. The only realy way to do this is through NOC specific draws.

All it will take is one reporter to do an official i formation act request and it will start to happen.

Its no change for CIC because the laws have always said that it is at the ministers instructions. So it could be anything he might only request those with IELTS over 9 we just dont know. But no headache for CIC this new system would have been designed for multiple scenarios and there will be analysts bangig away at numbers every day. all it takes is for a flick of a switch.

To be honest im surprised its taken this long.
I think you're right. They can do whatever they want to, as long as it's not illegal. They can spend months with no draws, they can do 5 draws in a single week, they can do class specific draws (already done), and why not even NOC specific draws? It's their system, designed to fill their gaps, not to match our needs. They can - and they will - do whatever they want or need to do. It's that simple.

I was going to say that the only thing that they can't change is the #1 rule: always invite the highest ranking candidates. But, if you watch closely, you'll see that, when they add restrictions (like a CEC only draw), they may be doing exactly that: inviting lower ranked candidates because the higher ranked ones don't match that specific draw requirements. So... I may have gone too far and crushed hopes out there. ;D