+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

9th draw date

shanzra

Star Member
Apr 28, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sky-Walker said:
I think there is shortage of candidates in pool with 450+ score, CIC is waiting for more candidates with 450+ score. :eek:
it is not like that.....actually when it would be declared only GOD or CIC knows.....do not worry they will come up with atleast 2 draws in this month too...in order to have 24-25 draws in a year

do not post something useless or misleading please
thanks

haznac

Jan 29, 2015
Izmir, Turkey
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
shanzra said:
it is not like that.....actually when it would be declared only GOD or CIC knows.....do not worry they will come up with atleast 2 draws in this month too...in order to have 24-25 draws in a year

thanks
The guy says "I think", there is nothing misleading about that post. It is just his idea. Your response however says "it is not like that". So actually your reaction is more misleading.

mf4361

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18 Nov 2015
Nomination.....
12 Oct 2015
AOR Received.
25 Feb 2016
IELTS Request
Sent
Med's Request
28 Oct 2016
Med's Done....
14 Nov 2016
Passport Req..
27 Feb 2017
VISA ISSUED...
15 Mar 2017
LANDED..........
16 Mar 2017
shanzra said:

thanks
The announced draws for this year is 15-25. 25 being the top end.

And with our words and language, it's clear that we are all speculating, nothing misleading here (Although close to being useless)

naija-kanadian

Star Member
Apr 6, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-02-2016
Doc's Request.
30-11-2016
Nomination.....
15-12-2016
AOR Received.
10-02-2017
Med's Done....
06-02-2017
chemtoronto said:
I dont think the score is going to go below 450. Thats my gut feeling.
My thoughts exactly

Mutair

Star Member
Oct 23, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
shanzra said:

thanks

Use your logic so that you're not easily mislead. After all this is just a forum which has a lot of + and - information. Use your own filters. In my opinion, taking something posted in a forum for granted is a little naive and too desperate.

jassu2

Star Member
Jul 7, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
the way things r so far it does seem tat they probably dont wanna drop score down.. but i wonder how long will they be able to do tat..

another thing tat i dont understand is.. wat difference shld it make to CIC wat scores receive ITA.. i mean so far they have been issuing LMIA's left and right, so whats harm in inviting decent white collar ppl in..

i guess its just there in our head and nothing more..

Conor9900

Jun 20, 2013
I don't think they are trying to keep scores high. They are trying to clear a massive backlog of PR applications under the old system: I have several friends who have applications in under the old system and they are moving at a snail's pace. When they clear the backlog they will invite many more people under Express Entry and the points will drop again but who knows how long that will take. Unfortunately we are applying in a transitionary period, and CIC are an incompetent body at the best of times

sensay

Star Member
Jan 7, 2015
mf4361 said:
The announced draws for this year is 15-25. 25 being the top end.

And with our words and language, it's clear that we are all speculating, nothing misleading here (Although close to being useless)
I suppose they are not willing to go below 450 for next couple of draws and thats why they are taking time.
I really doubt CIC will go upto 25 draws they might end up doing 20 draws. Its already May and they have done 8 draws till now. So to get minimum 15 draws they will have to do a single draw every month till November. If CIC does 25 draws then almost 2 draws every month till December which seems impossible.
Though there might be some CEC specific draws.

mf4361

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18 Nov 2015
Nomination.....
12 Oct 2015
AOR Received.
25 Feb 2016
IELTS Request
Sent
Med's Request
28 Oct 2016
Med's Done....
14 Nov 2016
Passport Req..
27 Feb 2017
VISA ISSUED...
15 Mar 2017
LANDED..........
16 Mar 2017
sensay said:
I suppose they are not willing to go below 450 for next couple of draws and thats why they are taking time.
I really doubt CIC will go upto 25 draws they might end up doing 20 draws. Its already May and they have done 8 draws till now. So to get minimum 15 draws they will have to do a single draw every month till November. If CIC does 25 draws then almost 2 draws every month till December which seems impossible.
Though there might be some CEC specific draws.
They have done 8 draws in 3 months time, so 2 draws per month isn't out of the question. The question is how large is each draw.

And relying on CEC-specific draw is a bit of false hope. CIC did leave a possibility of that, but they never said they will, or how likely. In fact, CIC mentioned the regular draws are likely to come out as the ratio they want based on their research.

r.sa

Star Member
May 13, 2015
I just think this whole system is unclear, confusing and very unfair in many aspects. I have one year work experience in a Law firm in Canada, I got my masters from UBC in Law and I am still waiting for points to drop to 430ish.

I am not even sure that I am going to get the ITA at any point. I just feel like all my hard work and studies is being assessed by a point system that is very unfair Specially to CEC eligible candidates. :(

Mesad

Feb 8, 2015
r.sa said:
I just think this whole system is unclear, confusing and very unfair in many aspects. I have one year work experience in a Law firm in Canada, I got my masters from UBC in Law and I am still waiting for points to drop to 430ish.

I am not even sure that I am going to get the ITA at any point. I just feel like all my hard work and studies is being assessed by a point system that is very unfair Specially to CEC eligible candidates. :(
I hear you man, in the same boat

tankthinks

Star Member
Feb 12, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
r.sa said:

same here. this system has no transparency or accountability... we can do nothing other than waiting... really frustrating

kateg

Aug 26, 2014
British Columbia
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-05-2015
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
01-05-2015
IELTS Request
05-05-2015
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
16-04-2015
Interview........
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
N/A
LANDED..........
27-08-2015
r.sa said:

I'm just a random person on the internet, but given their targets, the score will drop that low. I can say that with confidence, because mathematically they have a certain number of immigrants they need (economically), and they have to come from somewhere.

That being said, they are currently trying to clear a backlog. Some people waited up to 8 years under the old rules, so they are prioritizing getting them out. I can't guarantee that the score will drop that much this year (or that it won't), but it will be below 450 next year. It has to be for their numbers to work.

chaudryy

Mar 16, 2015
Pakistan, Lahore
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-12-14
Doc's Request.
Waiting
AOR Received.
Waiting
File Transfer...
Waiting
CIC should filter this system to Occupation based nomination procedure instead giving ITA's to random people with good qualification but no job scope in Canada. It would be beneficial for both the parties.