+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

90 days...critical period of life

BobbyB

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Well, the worst comes to the worst they will ask us to go and take the IELTS, is that correct? Well, in my case i don't mind waiting another 3-6 months anyway, but be assured that I have done my home work very well and I am also sure Rupeshhari must have done his also. (I am and have been waiting since 2007 anyway).

ainteh

Mar 5, 2009
If I am going to apply as fresh , it means that another five years in pipeline.. that is main reason i need for appeal..

foreverwaiting

Star Member
Dec 16, 2008
No.......because now you would be applying under new rules (post Feb 2008) and this means that your case is likely to be decided in about a year's time (as per CIC that is).

BobbyB

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Foreverwaiting is right, and that is also one of the reasons why I suggested not going via the appeal way.(Personal Opinion)
But, again, I am not an Immigration Expert and I may be wrong.

rizwanali

Feb 15, 2008
I am thankful to Bobby and Rupeshari for pressing the reply button...

Well, I am sorry for being absent in b/w as I was busy in my sister wedding.

Answering Rupeshari question: At the time when I was applying, my points were same as they are now. The reason is, my 2 years of Managerial experience will complete in June (as I applied in July 2008) (mistakenly mentioned Dec in my initial email) and my Masters will be completing in Dec 2009. As I said before, I was expecting reply from CIC in 3 to 4 years.

Here is the simple calculation
Education: Bachelor in Computer Science (completed 15 years of degree but not a diploma) 20
English: Not given IELTS yet. But just in case i score top, then 16
Experience: 1 and less then 2 years 15
Employment Arrange: No 0
Adaptability
Spouse Education: No Spouse 0
Study in Canada: No 0
Previous Work in Canada: No 0
Relative in Canada: No 0

Total: 61

I have cousins in Canada but they are my Aunt children. So I don't think it is allowed under relative points. So, from this I am concluding that it is better to withdraw the application and give any other applicant a chance :). Its better to wait rather then to be rejected.

What you say...

Riz

rupeshhari

VIP Member
Sep 15, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 2008 to CIO
Doc's Request.
Jan 2009
AOR Received.
Feb 2009 from VO
IELTS Request
Didn't do IELTS.
File Transfer...
Not transfered to regional office.
Med's Request
July 2010 with RPRF and another PCC.
Med's Done....
Meds - September 2010. PCC - Late Oct 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Early November 2010
VISA ISSUED...
December 2010 - Exactly days shy of 2 years since I sent in my application to CIO.
LANDED..........
if you are rejected on points, you may not get your money back. if you are rejected for ministerial list requirement then you would. Thats what i think anyway. maybe someone can confirm that. If you are not going to get the points, then you may not want them to get to the points stage because you may not get your money back. This is my thought anyway.

I just realized something else. You applied with one year of experience under 0213. That is a requirement but for points, you can count any experience from the last year that is of skill type 0,A or B. To get to 0213, you must have been 2173 before. If you could that and if you have another 2.to 3 years of experience, you may get 21 points, taking you to 67!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Did you work as a computer personnel (2173) prior to your 0213 work?

flake

Mar 9, 2009
Wow wow wow! Rupeshhari, you've really opened my eyes! Until today I would have thought that any skilled professional who claims points for multiple years (max 21) must show that for all those years his/her professions match NOC numbers that are in the list of 38 professions! But, I've just realized that such is not necessary! That list of 38 professions works only as a toll-gate to filter people! Once an individual has gone past the "toll-gate" he/she is free to use any NOC in the NOC bank of which the 38-profession list is just a subset!

Wow!

Regards,
flake

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
But of course. How did you think that people who are not on the list of 38 get points for employment? It just has to be a skilled job, that's all. Qualifying for Category 1 with a 1 year on the 38 list is completely separate from points calcuation.

rizwanali

Feb 15, 2008
Yes, I have passed through 2173 Rupshari,. Total I have 6 years of experience till now. But are you sure that all the previous categories jobs are also counted? From where it can be confirmed from CIC website?

One more thing. There is a difference b/w rejection and withdrawal. If I'll be rejected then I know I won't be getting the fees back but if I withdraw then I will get my fees back. But the important question is that, how should I withdraw my application. Do I only need to write a simple letter without informing them the reason?

Riz

rupeshhari

VIP Member
Sep 15, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 2008 to CIO
Doc's Request.
Jan 2009
AOR Received.
Feb 2009 from VO
IELTS Request
Didn't do IELTS.
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Early November 2010
VISA ISSUED...
December 2010 - Exactly days shy of 2 years since I sent in my application to CIO.
LANDED..........
The rules say the experience must be of skill 0,A or B. Its on OP6.

If you get rejected, you may still get your money back. It only depends on what stage of evaluation you get rejected. If you get rejected for ministerial instruction criteria, then you get your money back. I guess in your case, you wont get rejected for ministerial instructions but for points so you won't get your money back.

Look under work experience on http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/EG72.asp

rupeshhari

VIP Member
Sep 15, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 2008 to CIO
Doc's Request.
Jan 2009
AOR Received.
Feb 2009 from VO
IELTS Request
Didn't do IELTS.
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Early November 2010
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
flake said:
Wow wow wow! Rupeshhari, you've really opened my eyes! Until today I would have thought that any skilled professional who claims points for multiple years (max 21) must show that for all those years his/her professions match NOC numbers that are in the list of 38 professions! But, I've just realized that such is not necessary! That list of 38 professions works only as a toll-gate to filter people! Once an individual has gone past the "toll-gate" he/she is free to use any NOC in the NOC bank of which the 38-profession list is just a subset!

Wow!

Regards,
flake
Yep, there are three requirements for FSW 1, all unrelated.

1) equivalent of one year experience on the ministerial list
2) 67 points criteria
3) Minimum requirement - The applicant must have at least one year of continuous full-time paid work experience, or the
continuous part-time equivalent, in the category of Skill Type 0, or Skill Level A or B, according to
the Canadian National Occupational Classification (NOC) and this job cannot be in a restricted occupation.

I think number 3 is there mainly for those on in FSW category 2 and 3 since it is redundant for those in FSW category 1 since they qualify using number 1 anyway.