+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

8 years of gap in study, can I apply?

Urvij Mahera

Mar 1, 2018
India
Hello,

I am from India

I completed my HSC (Higher Secondary Course) in 2012, Then I joined B.E (Bachelor of engineering) in 2013 and I take drop from it after 2 years (in 2015), and I joined Film making course from India's leading institute MAAC (Maya Academy of Advance Cinematic) which is approved by Aptech ( www.aptech-education.com/ ) and completed in 2016. Then after I started as freelance Film Editor and Cinematographer, also joined India's most popular Production houses like 'Frames Production Company' (http://www.frames.net.in/) as an Intern and assistant cameraman in a most popular reality show 'Dance + season 3'. And also working as freelance Film Editor and cinematographer till now, had done many short films, documentaries, corporate AV.

I want to join Diploma or Graduation courses on film making in Canada

as I am not choosing different field to study in Canada, I think it will be ok.

As I Searched a lot, I seen that we can show our work experience letter. Moreover, we also have to show our salary statements, but my all payments are in cash, some of through cheque, but almost all payments are in cash. So is it ok to show work experience letter? I can show that what I was doing in that period and can fill my gaps.

Can anyone guide me? to full fill my gaps and any other options?

rs572

Dec 10, 2016
Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
Visa Office......
Delhi
App. Filed.......
18-05-2017,
AOR Received.
Application received on 18-05-2017
Med's Done....
Medical test passed on 27-05-2017
Passport Req..
27-07-2017
VISA ISSUED...
27-07-2017
LANDED..........
June 1, 2018
Just show honestly whatever you have done. you will find thread of one guy here who had got student visa though he had gap of 16 years.
Mention everything in sop. All the best.

Reactions: Urvij Mahera

Urvij Mahera

Mar 1, 2018
India
Just show honestly whatever you have done. you will find thread of one guy here who had got student visa though he had gap of 16 years.
Mention everything in sop. All the best.
hello, thanks for the positive response.

I have searched that we have to show our salary pay slip. But i am doing freelance work, so my all payments are in cash, what I can do for it? I do not have bank details for that payments

waiting for your quick and kind response
Thank you

Urvij Mahera

Mar 1, 2018
India
If my study and job field are different would I get PR in Canada? Example: If I study Computer Engineering from Canada and than I choose my job as an Video Editor, is it ok to get PR with that Video Editor job? Require answer in details which include chances to get PR with different job.

Umbreen zubair

Feb 3, 2018
My study gap was 8 years..got acceptance letter from Canadian college..pay collage fee..still got refusal ....so upset

rs572

Dec 10, 2016
Visa Office......
Delhi
App. Filed.......
18-05-2017,
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
27-07-2017
VISA ISSUED...
27-07-2017
LANDED..........
June 1, 2018
hello, thanks for the positive response.

I have searched that we have to show our salary pay slip. But i am doing freelance work, so my all payments are in cash, what I can do for it? I do not have bank details for that payments

waiting for your quick and kind response
Thank you
If you have hard copy of receipt etc of that payment, you should upload/send that along with your application...show checks..
If you don't have it, mention about freelance work and its method of payment etc by genuine explantion with some evidence if possible..freelance work is done across the world so visa officer may consider it...rest all your honesty and luck will take care...if possible, take advice of any expert consultant before doing process but don't take any short cut just to get visa/pr..I have passed through this path and I got visa though I had gap of 3 years after my last job..I mentioned everything with honesty and got rewarded..They want genuine, honest people in their country..That's it.

Last edited:

rs572

Dec 10, 2016
Visa Office......
Delhi
App. Filed.......
18-05-2017,
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
27-07-2017
VISA ISSUED...
27-07-2017
LANDED..........
June 1, 2018
If my study and job field are different would I get PR in Canada? Example: If I study Computer Engineering from Canada and than I choose my job as an Video Editor, is it ok to get PR with that Video Editor job? Require answer in details which include chances to get PR with different job.
Try to maintain the similarity of stream of your job and past study ..I can't give exact answer about PR as I don't know anything about its criteria..you can visit cic.gc.ca for that and see criteria of PR ..try to talk with people who have got PR..
the very first thing is that college itself doesn't give admission if your past study and the course you want to do is different..many colleges mention about this in their admission requirements..if you want to do video related job ,take up some course related to video ( if any college allows you for it)) ,try to take college level diploma ( post graduate diploma) or higher course ..don't go to only diploma course which is done after 10th/12 th as you have already done B.E and it will be your plus point as you are already working in the field of video...show link between video editing and your past study in sop.. This is my suggestion only..try to talk with as many as people and clear your doubts and then go ahead with honesty. All the best.

Last edited:

rs572

Dec 10, 2016
Visa Office......
Delhi
App. Filed.......
18-05-2017,
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
27-07-2017
VISA ISSUED...
27-07-2017
LANDED..........
June 1, 2018
My study gap was 8 years..got acceptance letter from Canadian college..pay collage fee..still got refusal ....so upset
Apply for CAIPS..work on mistake and re-apply..don't worry. all the best.