+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

8 months of sponsorship application, No response

expatgoingback

Sep 10, 2020
App. Filed.......
02-09-2020
It’s a general statement really. Of course there have been applications from 2020 that have been approved, and now that things are speeding up a bit, I’m sure there are applications from 2021 now finalized. (Haven’t had a chance to glance at the recent progress yet)

I’ve seen applications finalized anywhere from just under three months to over three years. There’s no hard and fast rule.
Yes agreed that some get lucky and others don't but if they put Oct 2019 on the website I assume that's more or less what you should expect to have to wait. I really hope I don't have to wait that long but my experience thus far has led me to believe that it's likely.

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
Yes agreed that some get lucky and others don't but if they put Oct 2019 on the website I assume that's more or less what you should expect to have to wait. I really hope I don't have to wait that long but my experience thus far has led me to believe that it's likely.
They have a service standard of 80% of applications being completed within 12 months. If "likely" to you means "20% chance mine will take more than 12 months," no reason to change your mind.

I think the website is displaying the longest processing dates and not the average (the average is displayed elsewhere for other applications)

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
I am in the same boat. Application received on march 2020. AOR on November 2020. Nothing afterward. Every time I call, they sponsor eligibility in the process. So frustrating!!
There is clearly something wrong with the sponsor eligibility. It's possible it won't move much until you figure out what it is.

Two big candidates are PR sponsor who is/was out of country, or sponsor who has not gotten the clearance that is not on social assistance.

Have you ordered gcms notes? I knwo you asked the MP, but the question has to be formulated carefully - why is the sponsor approval still pending?

Reactions: k.h.p.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
They have a service standard of 80% of applications being completed within 12 months. If "likely" to you means "20% chance mine will take more than 12 months," no reason to change your mind.

I think the website is displaying the longest processing dates and not the average (the average is displayed elsewhere for other applications)
I think that date that the website is showing is 80% standard - ie. they are finalzing applications from such and such a week means that 80% of those received then are now finalized. Can't say 100% but it seems extremely consistent with their approach and the data I 've seen.

AutumnSkies

May 31, 2019
Hard to say. For many of us on this forum, those around October 2019 have been completed. (My own husband’s was around then and ours took just over three months to complete)

Usually if you’re hitting the two year mark, the applications are much more involved and complicated, and they often come from non visa exempt countries. (Covid has also caused some delays even for straight forward apps)

A fairly standard application should for the most part slide into that one year mark.

Reactions: armoured

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
I think that date that the website is showing is 80% standard - ie. they are finalzing applications from such and such a week means that 80% of those received then are now finalized. Can't say 100% but it seems extremely consistent with their approach and the data I 've seen.
It doesn't match with my experience here and elsewhere that they'd only be approaching 80% completion from October 2019 now. But who knows.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
It doesn't match with my experience here and elsewhere that they'd only be approaching 80% completion from October 2019 now. But who knows.
The last time I checked the tracker spreadsheets there was a rough match between the 80% and the dates of application in the trackers. And I checked a few times.

Rough only though.

Oh, and to the extent could see a pattern - it was interviews required that were held up.

Reactions: AutumnSkies

expatgoingback

Sep 10, 2020
App. Filed.......
02-09-2020
There is clearly something wrong with the sponsor eligibility. It's possible it won't move much until you figure out what it is.

Two big candidates are PR sponsor who is/was out of country, or sponsor who has not gotten the clearance that is not on social assistance.

Have you ordered gcms notes? I knwo you asked the MP, but the question has to be formulated carefully - why is the sponsor approval still pending?
In the event that there is a problem, doesn't IRCC reach out to let the person know there is a problem?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
In the event that there is a problem, doesn't IRCC reach out to let the person know there is a problem?
Depends. In some cases, they may just wait to see. Also depends what the issue is - if it's because they thought the PR-sponsor is not in the country, maybe they'll just wait. It's more a problem for you than for them, really.

bobosee

Star Member
Oct 29, 2019
PSA : Take everything you read here with a grain of salt. I got SA after 17 months. During this time, IRCC did not ask for additional documents nor did sponsor's situation change from the time of application submission in ANY way. People kept saying there MUST be something wrong with the sponsor's situation and we kept stressing ourselves out over what could be the reason. One day when we were least expecting it, we got biometrics request followed by sponsor approval a week later. It seems as if it was just a COVID related delay.

Reactions: armoured

AutumnSkies

May 31, 2019
PSA : Take everything you read here with a grain of salt. I got SA after 17 months. During this time, IRCC did not ask for additional documents nor did sponsor's situation change from the time of application submission in ANY way. People kept saying there MUST be something wrong with the sponsor's situation and we kept stressing ourselves out over what could be the reason. One day when we were least expecting it, we got biometrics request followed by sponsor approval a week later. It seems as if it was just a COVID related delay.
In your case it was likely a Covid delay. When was your application sent in?

sivarsan

Jul 29, 2021

Thanks for replying. I am a canadian citizen. I am a health professional with a stable job. I ve been a canadian citizen since 96. I have never been on social assistance. I really dont know what yo think of it.

bobosee

Star Member
Oct 29, 2019
In your case it was likely a Covid delay. When was your application sent in?
Application was submitted on March 2, 2020. It was probably due to COVID but at that time people kept saying that the delay was too long for it to be just due to COVID and we kept panicking. The pandemic has not ended and there is still a huge backlog. Delays are still expected.

bobosee

Star Member
Oct 29, 2019
Thanks for replying. I am a canadian citizen. I am a health professional with a stable job. I ve been a canadian citizen since 96. I have never been on social assistance. I really dont know what yo think of it.
We received our sponsor approval after 17 months and our application was submitted on March 2, 2020. Order GCMS notes and reach out to your MP.
NOTHING helped us and we got our sponsor approval randomly when we were least expecting it. Hang in there.

Reactions: expatgoingback