+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

72 units required for canada

Lynn4364

May 15, 2021
She is not eligible for a work permit just because of Covid. What rules are you referring to? There was a rule in 2020 if you were already in Canada you could apply for a work permit if you had an approved LMIA.
That's what I thought but the agency insist she could. The employer already have LMIA for her. Anyway sitting aside that situation my question is.....if.....if she is going to apply for a work permit inside Canada, does she still need that 72 units?

Lynn4364

May 15, 2021
She is not eligible for a work permit just because of Covid. What rules are you referring to? There was a rule in 2020 if you were already in Canada you could apply for a work permit if you had an approved LMIA.
[/QUOTE
The 72 units is all I need to know.
Thanks

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
That's what I thought but the agency insist she could. The employer already have LMIA for her. Anyway sitting aside that situation my question is.....if.....if she is going to apply for a work permit inside Canada, does she still need that 72 units?
How is she entering Canada to apply for the closed work permit?

Lynn4364

May 15, 2021
How is she entering Canada to apply for the closed work permit?
I really dont know how to rephrase my question
Let say she is in Canada during that tourist can apply for work permit rule....which I think will extend till AUGUST 31 2021.
Employer already have LMIA
All I need to know is if she is in Canada and will apply for a work permit does she need that 72 units?
Just that credentials I need to know. Set aside those other stuff....just put the IF
Maybe you have an idea about that 72 units

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I really dont know how to rephrase my question
Let say she is in Canada during that tourist can apply for work permit rule....which I think will extend till AUGUST 31 2021.
Employer already have LMIA
All I need to know is if she is in Canada and will apply for a work permit does she need that 72 units?
Just that credentials I need to know. Set aside those other stuff....just put the IF
Maybe you have an idea about that 72 units
If she is in Canada, she applies for the closed work permit. If she isn’t in Canada, she needs written authorization to enter Canada not just the visitor visa. The visa officer will decide if she is qualified for the permit so if the NOC requires a certain level of education then it can be denied.

Lynn4364

May 15, 2021
If she is in Canada, she applies for the closed work permit. If she isn’t in Canada, she needs written authorization to enter Canada not just the visitor visa. The visa officer will decide if she is qualified for the permit so if the NOC requires a certain level of education then it can be denied.
[/QUOTE
Thanks a lot!
That's very helpful.