+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

7 months and no AOR ????

Oct 31, 2021
I have applied for an Outland spousal spnsorship in April 2021. UPS says it was delivered and signed however to this day I have not received an AOR. I am honestly freaking out :(
I have called IRCC no reply. I have also filled out millions of forms online to get a reply but nothing. Dead silence. Please advise me on what to do. This is giving me a major anxiety.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Try your mps office.

Be prepared that after that delay right now, possibility it has been returned. Check your spam inboxes etc and physical too.

Prepare mentally for what you would need to do to re apply.

Oct 31, 2021
Try your mps office.

Be prepared that after that delay right now, possibility it has been returned. Check your spam inboxes etc and physical too.

Prepare mentally for what you would need to do to re apply.
Nothing has been received in the email or the mail. Will I need to pay again to reapply ? and also, which email address would they use to send if they return my application?

charliem

Jul 26, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-09-2013
Doc's Request.
17-10-2013
AOR Received.
18-10-2013
File Transfer...
March 2014
Med's Request
March 2, 2015. AIP received same day
Med's Done....
March 3, 2015.
Interview........
"Decision made": 1 April 2015
7 months without acknowledgement likely means the application has been mishandled in the registry where it was received.
Also possible it was returned to an address where you no longer live or to an outright wrong address (and not forwarded). Difficult situation there.

Try to keep busy with other things as you wait, because this is a process you cannot really control.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Nothing has been received in the email or the mail. Will I need to pay again to reapply ? and also, which email address would they use to send if they return my application?
They would use the addresses you provided.

No, for returned applications, the fees paid are still on account and don't need to be paid again.

Repeat, suggest you call IRCC and/or MP's office. If they do not or claim not to have any record, that could mean lost or returned.

If you can get a temporary file number, and they say in process - could mean other things. (Some have had this where issues with file like sponsor not in Canada or receiving social assistance - both just examples - but somewhat rare.)

devu11

Star Member
Sep 2, 2016
I am in same situation. My application was received on 21st May 2021. I called IRCC two months ago and they gave me temporary file number but still waiting for AOR. not sure what to do. it is very frustrating.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
I am in same situation. My application was received on 21st May 2021. I called IRCC two months ago and they gave me temporary file number but still waiting for AOR. not sure what to do. it is very frustrating.
At least you now it is not lost. Suggest you call again.

As far as I can understand, if they had temporary file number before and then later say they have no information - it's been returned.

I generally don't see much use in calling IRCC but this is a case where I think hyou should - it would help you understand if it's been returned (and possibly lost).

If IRCC still hasn't done AOR - possibility that ordering gcms notes may shine some light on the issue.

Good luck.

devu11

Star Member
Sep 2, 2016
At least you now it is not lost. Suggest you call again.

As far as I can understand, if they had temporary file number before and then later say they have no information - it's been returned.

I generally don't see much use in calling IRCC but this is a case where I think hyou should - it would help you understand if it's been returned (and possibly lost).

If IRCC still hasn't done AOR - possibility that ordering gcms notes may shine some light on the issue.

Good luck.
Thanks For suggestions. can we order GCMS notes with temporary file number?

Bangarang

Dec 30, 2020
I have applied for an Outland spousal spnsorship in April 2021. UPS says it was delivered and signed however to this day I have not received an AOR. I am honestly freaking out :(
I have called IRCC no reply. I have also filled out millions of forms online to get a reply but nothing. Dead silence. Please advise me on what to do. This is giving me a major anxiety.
Hi - I applied inland in April 2021 and have only received Temp AOR. I’ve also sent so many online forms and no response. It’s beyond frustrating.

expatgoingback

Sep 10, 2020
App. Filed.......
02-09-2020
IRCC is completely unaccountable. I waited for nearly 11 months before receiving AOR. Hang in there, they'll get to you eventually but they don't handle applications in a fair order.

Bangarang

Dec 30, 2020
Hey - I received my AOR yesterday.
I would suggest sending IRCC emails often. I had to update my address in Client Application Status and then also my phone number. It took longer then it said it would, so I kept updating it, every couple of days for a few weeks. I saw someone on a fb group saying she sent emails regularly to IRCC - she got no response but maybe it spurred them to send the AOR? I feel mine was a similar circumstance after months of waiting.
Hopefully this may work for you.

davidoqc2

Aug 16, 2021
7 months without AOR isn't anything unusual, it's a bit of a pain waiting so long, but your turn should be coming up pretty soon :) I applied inland and it took 11.5 months to get my AOR, outland seems to be a bit faster in that regard.

DD_C

Feb 14, 2022
Hi, did you receive the AOR yet? If yes, is there something explicit you did with regards to contacting IRCC? I am awaiting mine and not knowing where the application is at, is frustrating.