+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

5th draw over. 481 points and 1620 invites..

pziegler1986

Star Member
Jan 19, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
uxd said:
Not according to this: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/funds.asp
It says if I am authorized to work in Canada or if I have a job offer here, I don't need to show the funds.
Do you have a valid job offer? I have a job but it's not backed by a LMO/LMIA as I am LMIA exempt under the IEC - so I will definitely have to provide proof of funds.

indigoroom

Mar 21, 2015
Congrats to everyone who've got their ITAs :D
My score's 376, don't have a job offer or PNP, still I'm positive and confident that I'll get an ITA by the 7th or 8th Draw. I'm very new in this forum, would someone please explain what is the Spreadsheet everyone's talking about? And also feel free to knock if I can help with any information.

My agency is dealing with all the formalities. Can someone tell me how to check my jobbank account, I know the username and password but don't have the proper URL to check my status.

This forum is awesome.

niravk

Jul 16, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Slightly confused and curious with regards to proof of funds.

By the time I receive ITA and apply for my immigration and till the time I reach Canada, I will have sufficient amount in my bank account.(equivalent to what I declare while filing my filling out the ITA application)

Now since I am a salaried employee, all have the necessary banks documents to show my funds (bank statements, provident funds, time deposits, share holding and other securities statement). ALL OF THESE ARE HIGHLY LIQUID ASSETS.

Now in case if I am not able to amass the necessary amount at any point of time, can I borrow money from my parents or will their bank documents be considered valid by CIC.

katja2684

Jan 31, 2015
Toronto
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
niravk said:
Slightly confused and curious with regards to proof of funds.

By the time I receive ITA and apply for my immigration and till the time I reach Canada, I will have sufficient amount in my bank account.(equivalent to what I declare while filing my filling out the ITA application)

Now since I am a salaried employee, all have the necessary banks documents to show my funds (bank statements, provident funds, time deposits, share holding and other securities statement). ALL OF THESE ARE HIGHLY LIQUID ASSETS.

Now in case if I am not able to amass the necessary amount at any point of time, can I borrow money from my parents or will their bank documents be considered valid by CIC.
That's the thing, you cannot say you borrowed the money. It's also not recommended to have joint bank accounts with parents/siblings.

haznac

Jan 29, 2015
Izmir, Turkey
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
desertfox said:
Yes Parents can make donation
Unless the rules have changed, I clearly remember reading last year that you cannot borrow this money from anyone at all. However, it is a bit difficult to prove that you borrowed this money. Let's say you received the borrowed money in cash and deposited it yourself at the bank. And if in an interview they question where this money came from, you can just make something up, e.g. "I saved it up in my personal safe at home". I mean, how are they going to prove your story wrong? But of course, if your parents use a bank to transfer you the money, then it's easily trackable and there will be complications.

katja2684

Jan 31, 2015
Toronto
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Auone said:
Hi Katja,

I think yes, parents can make donations and it will be accepted.

As for myself, I think I am going to decline my invitation and wait for a CEC specific draw.
CEC draw would be the best for me too. Who would have thought the points would drop so low :'( Now I'm concerned about POF. Will try to gather the funds by end of March.

uxd

Feb 27, 2015
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-09-2015
AOR Received.
01-09-2015
Med's Done....
04-09-2015
Passport Req..
16-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
6-11-2015 copr rcvd
pziegler1986 said:
Do you have a valid job offer? I have a job but it's not backed by a LMO/LMIA as I am LMIA exempt under the IEC - so I will definitely have to provide proof of funds.
I am not sure thats why I raised this query. I am on a PGWP working FT in Canada. PGWP holders dont need LMIA.
I would hope that CIC is worried only if you dont have sufficient funds to come to Canada or no Job.
PGWP guys are LMIA exempt so anyways they can not convert their jobs to LMIA approved one overnight.

blackbeast

Star Member
Jul 18, 2014
Pippin said:
I am not familiar with Provident funds. I looked it up and it appears to be a Pension Fund. These funds would not be acceptable as they are not liquid funds that you could use to support yourself on arrival in Canada. The cost of living is high here. The amount of funds required is not excessive if you have to support yourself for a while before finding good employment.
thanks for the info bro. yeah i know about the cost of living. but my pf fund is readily cash able in the sense whenever i apply for it, it would obtain it.

erable_rouge

Mar 5, 2014
Ontario
App. Filed.......
29-04-2016
Doc's Request.
05-31-2017
AOR Received.
AOR1:- 1 June 2016 ; AOR2:- 29 June 2016
IELTS Request
Sent with application
LANDED..........
3 Aug 2017
Singalingali said:
Hi all. I got ITA. I can't hide my joy. 481 points on the dot. Thanks Canada for inviting me. I hope you continue your goodwill towards me by granting me PR very soon. I love you Canada. Thanks.

Congratulations!!! All the best for your PR process!!!

Alos, where and how do you guys calculate teh scores? I did try some websites, but do not know if the score is accurate.

Julianasnr

Nov 19, 2014
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Alright, prediction people!

How many draws until it gets to high 300s? (Based on our spreadsheet)

MedZed

Jun 5, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
indigoroom said:
Congrats to everyone who've got their ITAs :D
My score's 376, don't have a job offer or PNP, still I'm positive and confident that I'll get an ITA by the 7th or 8th Draw. I'm very new in this forum, would someone please explain what is the Spreadsheet everyone's talking about? And also feel free to knock if I can help with any information.

My agency is dealing with all the formalities. Can someone tell me how to check my jobbank account, I know the username and password but don't have the proper URL to check my status.

This forum is awesome.
The spreadsheet is an excel file that most of the forum members have entered they scores and their NOC code on it after submitting the profile on EE system,here is its link:

Express Entry Spreadsheet
http://tinyurl.com/mwstg52

To get yourself entered in Spreadsheet, enter details here:
http://tinyurl.com/ke3hjef

niravk

Jul 16, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
katja2684 said:
CEC draw would be the best for me too. Who would have thought the points would drop so low :'( Now I'm concerned about POF. Will try to gather the funds by end of March.
I am curious to know what makes you say 'CEC would be best' from PNP or FSW? How does it benefit foreign nationals under express entry(wrt to proof of funds, jobs, time for processing)?

I would be glad to hear this from you.

Pippin

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2010
Proof of Funds. This is coming up a lot. Do a search in the white box top right corner on the main forum page. You will find masses written about this topic under FSW. The whole point of this money is to prove you can be self supporting until you are earning a salary. If the money is tied up in non-redeemable accounts, an insurance policy, pension savings or borrowed from a lender or family member then it is not your money as far as CIC is concerned. They can do spot checks and ask for proof of the origin of the money in cases of lump sum deposits.

uxd

Feb 27, 2015
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-09-2015
AOR Received.
01-09-2015
Med's Done....
04-09-2015
Passport Req..
16-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
6-11-2015 copr rcvd
niravk said:
I am curious to know what makes you say 'CEC would be best' from PNP or FSW? How does it benefit foreign nationals under express entry(wrt to proof of funds, jobs, time for processing)?

I would be glad to hear this from you.
Not a question of which is best or worse. Given the current cutoff score, this boils down to :
1. CEC is arguably the best route for those who qualify for it. It is easier to gather documents and also easier to show POF if you are working. Drawback is the CRS as these guys dont normally have LMIA. But with scores getting lower, I would say this is not a huge problem.
2. If you dont qualify for CEC then FSW is probably the best option for people who are not in Canada.
3. PNP and LMIA routes are definitely faster (In getting ITA. Pre-ITA, PNP is a long process) and secure because you are chosen early and surely based on additional 600 points. But then there are a few limitations as well - like for those with a closed wp as you cant really change jobs until you get PR.
Still nothing beats getting additional 600 points no matter whether you choose FSW or CEC.

theguneet

Jan 2, 2015
Pippin said:
Proof of Funds. This is coming up a lot. Do a search in the white box top right corner on the main forum page. You will find masses written about this topic under FSW. The whole point of this money is to prove you can be self supporting until you are earning a salary. If the money is tied up in non-redeemable accounts, an insurance policy, pension savings or borrowed from a lender or family member then it is not your money as far as CIC is concerned. They can do spot checks and ask for proof of the origin of the money in cases of lump sum deposits.
If you are in Canada the best way to do is to get a bank draft. Typically, a bank charges $7.50 for a DD and its the most sound way of showing proof of funds.